Continue cut during PCT? Or go up to maintenance?

Dr0pleaf

Awards
Hey guys,

This is my first post, I usually just lurk..and I thought this forum seemed to have the nicest people :p

I just got done with my cycle of just test-e. This was my second cycle (my first cycle I jerked off and didnt take it as seriously as I should have).

This time I used it to cut. I counted everything I was at 170lbs at around 15.3% bf (probably not accurate cause some 'professional' used calipers ) and then dropped down to 164lbs at 10.8%. So I "think" this time I was pretty successful! But I'm not experience enough to make that conclusion for sure :p I was on a very strict diet and counted everything I ate. This past 4 months ( only 10 weeks on-cycle) have been a life changing experience.

The numbers are probably not accurate, but what matters is the variance and the mirror. First time ever I'm seeing entire set of abs (bottom two are not as defined yet though)

Anyway, my question is... should I keep cutting during my PCT? or should I up calories to maintenance now?

I'm confused because threads I read say NOT to cut during PCT , but these answers were directed to people who bulked during cycle.

My common sense tells me that if my strength and pushes went up, it means my muscle mass definitely went up and I shouldn't cut until PCT is done...

But I need to make sure.

It's really tempting to remain on a cut because I want those abs to be as defined as possible. But I also want to do whats smart. I can be patient if I have to.

Any advice, tips will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks a lot guys!! :)

Dr0pleaf

Awards
The two replies just mentioned stuf about keeping mass gains... which OP did not have any because he was on a CUTTING CYCLE. With that being said, unless someone has anything else to add, I would think that trying to cut on PCT would be bad, since not only do you not have any synthetic anabolics to maintain your muscle, you also have a surplus of estrogen and a severe lack of natural anabolics (test) in your system which leads to catabolism. If anything, I think eating maintenance calories would be your best bet until you're recovered.
if you try and cut during PCT you will end up cutting off all the new muscle gains. The new muscle is like a baby, you have to nuture it and make sure to treat it properly. If you begin to cut cals and do lots of cardio your body wont be able to hold on to it.

Recently you may have seen people running SARM's during PCT and having success with a cut. Thats the only way to really do it. I do not know enough to get into details but if you research you ll find the info you want.
I found these quotes on older threads!

So I'll just wait around 6 weeks before starting my cut then. I'll up to maintenance and continue trying to lift as hard as I can.

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Oh and also, I'm cutting the armidex out completely.

I'm doing 50clomid a day and 2-3 Reduce XT caps

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
You can still cut, but I'd up your calories to right below maintenance for the rest of PCT. You hormones can really be on a roller coaster during PCT, and I wouldn't want to risk losing my gains by lowering calories too much.

Dr0pleaf

Awards
You can still cut, but I'd up your calories to right below maintenance for the rest of PCT. You hormones can really be on a roller coaster during PCT, and I wouldn't want to risk losing my gains by lowering calories too much.
Thank you! I really appreciate the reply.

So I eat at around 90% of maintenance and I should be good, right?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have done this my last two cycles. Took a while to figure out since no one seems to know how to approach this problem.

Optimally, you want to start reverse dieting during your cycle and him maintenance when you start pct or one week in.

If it is a short cycle, start reverse dieting 1 week before pct, but up cals 200/week instead of 100. This is not optimal, but you gotta get back to maintenance or you will lose all your gains. And even if you didn't gain any weight, you gained LBM.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have done this my last two cycles. Took a while to figure out since no one seems to know how to approach this problem.

Optimally, you want to start reverse dieting during your cycle and him maintenance when you start pct or one week in.

If it is a short cycle, start reverse dieting 1 week before pct, but up cals 200/week instead of 100. This is not optimal, but you gotta get back to maintenance or you will lose all your gains. And even if you didn't gain any weight, you gained LBM.
Add in some xgels and bump those Cal's up:)

Dr0pleaf

Awards
So far my body is keeping up in the mirror test. But my sex drive is dropped EXTREMELY low.

Huge bummer haha. Didn't notice this last time, probably cause I JUST met my girlfriend at the time and things were new and exciting?

rphash49

Awards
So far my body is keeping up in the mirror test. But my sex drive is dropped EXTREMELY low.

Huge bummer haha. Didn't notice this last time, probably cause I JUST met my girlfriend at the time and things were new and exciting?
It takes me between 4 and 8 weeks to get my sex drive back to 100% depending on my cycle. Also The arimidex could have been hurting sex drive.