Need advice about steroid use.

300clubbrah

Awards
I've always been curious about steroids since highschool. 4 years out of highschool and I still think about it a lot. One of my biggest questions is could you only take them for a short amount of time and not have long term harsh side effects? Would love some enlightenment. Thanks guys.

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
I've always been curious about steroids since highschool. 4 years out of highschool and I still think about it a lot. One of my biggest questions is could you only take them for a short amount of time and not have long term harsh side effects? Would love some enlightenment. Thanks guys.
Most of us rely on cycling hormones, or just taking them for 4-12 weeks at a time, and then trying to take more drugs to get our body back to normal in an attempt to keep long term sides away, along with various on cycle supports that can be taken, but really it's a shot in the dark. Nobody really knows exactly what the long term effects will be for everyone.

300clubbrah

Awards
Most of us rely on cycling hormones, or just taking them for 4-12 weeks at a time, and then trying to take more drugs to get our body back to normal in an attempt to keep long term sides away, along with various on cycle supports that can be taken, but really it's a shot in the dark. Nobody really knows exactly what the long term effects will be for everyone.
Alright man thanks for the advice.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
There's so much to be said on this subject. Honestly, if you can wade through the bull shti use your search function and you'll see a lot of good info. Yes. You may get along fine in short blasts. You may be better off cruising. You may be better off not taking them at all.

Just remember the most important aspect. Diet is key to everything. I've had great cycles with huge results because my diet was on point. I've had bad results also. Diet sucked. Sides were horrendous.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's so much to be said on this subject. Honestly, if you can wade through the bull shti use your search function and you'll see a lot of good info. Yes. You may get along fine in short blasts. You may be better off cruising. You may be better off not taking them at all.

Just remember the most important aspect. Diet is key to everything. I've had great cycles with huge results because my diet was on point. I've had bad results also. Diet sucked. Sides were horrendous.
A lot of veggies on cycle helps, at least for me it does.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
A lot of veggies on cycle helps, at least for me it does.
Truth. Too many carbs=water retention and a whole slew of issues that come with it.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards

This is so on point. I'm on my 4th cycle and can safely say if I knew what I needed to do FOR MYSELF specifically with my diet on my first two cycles I would probably have much better results by now. Not that I have bad results at all but just could have been much better.

300clubbrah

Awards
Hmm can anyone point me to a website or anything I can do my research for? What to take. How long to take it. What i should take to help with side effects etc.

Number 10

Number 10

Awards
  • Established
Hmm can anyone point me to a website or anything I can do my research for? What to take. How long to take it. What i should take to help with side effects etc.
Have you read the stickies in this forum? A decent place to start mate. And then if you have any questions, fire away. You'll find most people here are pretty helpful as long as:

a) you listen to what they are saying and are respectful and;

b) if you disagree/have heard something else, you question it in a polite way and don't just tell them they're wrong or you've got a mate in the gym who said otherwise. Most of the time, an experienced member will help out if someone is giving you bad advice anyway.

Good luck.

300clubbrah

Awards
Have you read the stickies in this forum? A decent place to start mate. And then if you have any questions, fire away. You'll find most people here are pretty helpful as long as:

a) you listen to what they are saying and are respectful and;

b) if you disagree/have heard something else, you question it in a polite way and don't just tell them they're wrong or you've got a mate in the gym who said otherwise. Most of the time, an experienced member will help out if someone is giving you bad advice anyway.

Good luck.
Yeah I've read it but it all seems like a different language lol. Don't know any of the names or the differences in them or what. Thanks for helping me out.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Yeah I've read it but it all seems like a different language lol. Don't know any of the names or the differences in them or what. Thanks for helping me out.
It's too easy to research these days man. Here's an example:

I hear that Epistane is a good oral steroid to try. I google "epistane" or "what is epistane" or "epistane steroid" and I find out that its a DHT based steroid. This is great but what is DHT? Back to google "what is DHT" or "what is DHT steroids". And so on and so forth until I know and understand everything I want to know. If after searching your brains out you are still missing some info THEN post on a forum.

300clubbrah

Awards
It's too easy to research these days man. Here's an example:

I hear that Epistane is a good oral steroid to try. I google "epistane" or "what is epistane" or "epistane steroid" and I find out that its a DHT based steroid. This is great but what is DHT? Back to google "what is DHT" or "what is DHT steroids". And so on and so forth until I know and understand everything I want to know. If after searching your brains out you are still missing some info THEN post on a forum.
haha sounds like the good ol days... Researching all the chit in supps and what not. Thanks will do man!

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
haha sounds like the good ol days... Researching all the chit in supps and what not. Thanks will do man!
Lol yeah same sh*t different day.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have used AAS on and off now for 12+ years so I will chime in.

I do believe there is a safe way to run mild dosages and have little or no side effects, however once you start playing with your hormones, you risk throwing various other hormones in your body off, so make sure it is what you want to do.

I personally would like to see younger guys wait to use. I waited until I was around 23..and I can honestly say in my years 18-22 I made super super gains just working hard and eating on my natural levels.

I hold onto alot more muscle now that I have used them, and I am not ashamed of my use, embarrased by it, etc..I in fact am an advocate of safe legal use, especially HRT in older men.

What I will say is, I believe 100% they are "psychologically addicting". This means that once you use, there is no going back. I know at my peak AAS use, I weighed about 225 and was benching 405 for reps of 10 with ease. Now I am HRT and PH use (100% legal only) and I use PH"s with my HRT for the fact that I am always chasing that size and muscle and strength that I once had.

I do think PH's are an amazing option, especially that they are legal..but I will be the first to admit they are no where near as safe as Injectables. And that again is another issue. Alot of guys will use Oral only cycles to stay legal, or because they are easy to get, and they are much more harsh on the liver and body in general IMO.

Also I do hope that anyone who engages into AAS use becomes very experienced as to the in's and outs of all aspects, including PCT, which I think goes overlooked way to often.

I also think people abuse dosages, when if in reality they did low or moderate dosages and had better and/or more food intake, they would see better results.

My $ .2 cents

This is simply my opinion that I wish to share with you. Others may agree or disagree, but i want to give you my personal opinion as a long time competitor and gym enthusiast. I don't regret my AAS use at all. I hope others here can respect my opinion rather then question it or argue over it. Simply my point of view to share with you.

300clubbrah

Awards

I do believe there is a safe way to run mild dosages and have little or no side effects, however once you start playing with your hormones, you risk throwing various other hormones in your body off, so make sure it is what you want to do.

I personally would like to see younger guys wait to use. I waited until I was around 23..and I can honestly say in my years 18-22 I made super super gains just working hard and eating on my natural levels.

I hold onto alot more muscle now that I have used them, and I am not ashamed of my use, embarrased by it, etc..I in fact am an advocate of safe legal use, especially HRT in older men.

What I will say is, I believe 100% they are "psychologically addicting". This means that once you use, there is no going back. I know at my peak AAS use, I weighed about 225 and was benching 405 for reps of 10 with ease. Now I am HRT and PH use (100% legal only) and I use PH"s with my HRT for the fact that I am always chasing that size and muscle and strength that I once had.

I do think PH's are an amazing option, especially that they are legal..but I will be the first to admit they are no where near as safe as Injectables. And that again is another issue. Alot of guys will use Oral only cycles to stay legal, or because they are easy to get, and they are much more harsh on the liver and body in general IMO.

Also I do hope that anyone who engages into AAS use becomes very experienced as to the in's and outs of all aspects, including PCT, which I think goes overlooked way to often.

I also think people abuse dosages, when if in reality they did low or moderate dosages and had better and/or more food intake, they would see better results.

My $ .2 cents

This is simply my opinion that I wish to share with you. Others may agree or disagree, but i want to give you my personal opinion as a long time competitor and gym enthusiast. I don't regret my AAS use at all. I hope others here can respect my opinion rather then question it or argue over it. Simply my point of view to share with you.
Thank you for the info. Will do my research before I do anything.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards

My $ .2 cents

Good reasonable advice!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My $ .2 cents

Even though I quoted him above, I'm speaking to the OP.

I agree and this is my story as well. Except that I'm not chasing after that size I one had. With TRT and a ph cycle every now and then, I'm surpassing what I ever acheived on AAS mainly because my diet and training is maturing nicely. There is something to be said about years 6-10 of weight training. A switched turned on, and I started grapsing at what really makes muscles progress.

So I'm sort of a testament to the fact that diet and will can outdo drugs alone. Place the drugs with a will and some experience and you have an astonishing combo. Still, if u have no desire to compete in bodybuilding, I see no reason to dabble in them. You arent standing next to other guys that are doing them and no one gives a crap if ur 200+ and shredded anyways. People tend to care about themselves for the most part - not what u look like. This isnt a vicarious industry. I dont get satisfaction in marveling at or living in someone elses physique success story. If it aint on me, then it aint good enough. Likewise, dont take the route of steroids unless ur competing or otherwise must take them because the psychological addiction and the potential long term sides usually arent worth it to the average, non-competitive lifter. Outside of bodybuilding and state level PL'ing, no one really cares what it does for u.

With that said, there are some legal options that are safer but nothing comes close to the safety of testosterone alone while also being able to share in its effectiveness.