Holy back pumps!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Holy back pumps!!

Whats up guys!? So, I'm currently 3 weeks in on a max lmg, epi stack... Back pumps are crazy! My last cycle was epi and I had pumps but not like this. It hurts all day everyday. Sitting down hurts! Just my lower back and I can't even bare squats or deadlift. Is something wrong? Anyone else had them this bad? My last cycle it would hurt to squat and DL but would go away the next day or so... I drink a gal of water a day. Supps are:

Fish oil
    Orange triad multis
    Bcaa
    And 3G taurine/ just upped it to 6g

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swolequest View Post
    Whats up guys!? So, I'm currently 3 weeks in on a max lmg, epi stack... Back pumps are crazy! My last cycle was epi and I had pumps but not like this. It hurts all day everyday. Sitting down hurts! Just my lower back and I can't even bare squats or deadlift. Is something wrong? Anyone else had them this bad? My last cycle it would hurt to squat and DL but would go away the next day or so... I drink a gal of water a day. Supps are: Fish oil Orange triad multis Bcaa And 3G taurine/ just upped it to 6g
    It's good your using taurine. I from my experience with steroids I've had them and hate them. But I blame it mostly on poor form.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Did you have pumps on non back or leg days?
    Yeah. Taurine preworkout does help... I don't think it's from poor form because it hurts everyday although poor form would make it worse. Meh. I can deal with it either way as long as results keep coming! I'm stronger every workout dispute the pumps!
    •   

4. Registered User

Did you have pumps on non back or leg days? Yeah. Taurine preworkout does help... I don't think it's from poor form because it hurts everyday although poor form would make it worse. Meh. I can deal with it either way as long as results keep coming! I'm stronger every workout dispute the pumps!
    Not anymore since I always work on making my form better . I get them on cycle if I'm really loading the bar for deads. But besides that under control.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Whats up guys!? So, I'm currently 3 weeks in on a max lmg, epi stack... Back pumps are crazy! My last cycle was epi and I had pumps but not like this. It hurts all day everyday. Sitting down hurts! Just my lower back and I can't even bare squats or deadlift. Is something wrong? Anyone else had them this bad? My last cycle it would hurt to squat and DL but would go away the next day or so... I drink a gal of water a day. Supps are:

Fish oil
    Orange triad multis
    Bcaa
    And 3G taurine/ just upped it to 6g
    Ever think it could be a potassium problem? 4.5 to 7 g is recommended for athletes. I suggest to get it more through diet however.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlumpkinKing View Post

It's good your using taurine. I from my experience with steroids I've had them and hate them. But I blame it mostly on poor form.
    This is it. Poor form + higher red blood cell count = painful pumps.

He needs to work on form and keeping a tight, arched back when squatting and DL. This used to be problematic for me as well but there are things that help alleviate it quite well.

- Proper form
    - Training belt
    - Avoid deep squats. Stay parallel. Wide stance toes out only.
    - Have spotter press his/her knuckles or thumbs into ur lower back and press upwards as if trying to push the blood out of the pumped area. ( this is the most effective ). Do this immediately after each set of squats or deads for about 15 seconds each time.
    - Lay on ur back to rest ur core. Try lifting legs up and rolling them forward to stretch lower back every few seconds while ur laying on floor.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Potassium. I did think of that but have just been trying to eat more no supplementation. The thing with form is I've always had good form and use a belt even with warm up sets.. So far I haven't gone over 275 for either squats or deadlift. That's the first thing I thought of too. Unless with the pumps I compromise my form to ease the pain... Hmm. I will have someone check my form tonight. I sleep on my back and when I wake up and stand I feel like I had an intense back workout the day before. It does feel like it's stretching when I pull my knees to my chest. I will also try to stretch it out more than normal...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Potassium. I did think of that but have just been trying to eat more no supplementation. The thing with form is I've always had good form and use a belt even with warm up sets.. So far I haven't gone over 275 for either squats or deadlift. That's the first thing I thought of too. Unless with the pumps I compromise my form to ease the pain... Hmm. I will have someone check my form tonight. I sleep on my back and when I wake up and stand I feel like I had an intense back workout the day before. It does feel like it's stretching when I pull my knees to my chest. I will also try to stretch it out more than normal...
    I suggest reading up on potassium and bodybuilding. I upped my potassium and now even on cycle no pumps without taurine.

I upped it through diet. 1lb of beef has 1.6grams in it. A 400g size potato has 1g.

Broccoli has 200 mg or so per 1 cup chopped.

Fish have a bunch.

Bananas have 500mg per large banana.

Spinach is potassium and iron dense.

Milk has like 300 mg per cup.

Bunch of other foods high in potassium. I highly suggest monitoring it
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  9. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Your best bet is continuing taurine every day at 5-6 g. Even if it subsides after a couple day continue thru end of cycle. Form does have anything to do with

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  10. Registered User

drink more water too
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

Ever think it could be a potassium problem? 4.5 to 7 g is recommended for athletes. I suggest to get it more through diet however.
    I was gonna post this
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Ok. I will keep 3-6g taurine and eat more potassium. Water intake is between 1gal to 1.5 gal.. Should be good in that. Not doing cardio right now.... I will keep you guys posted!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

alongside the suggestions, I would do some stretching / flexibility stuff too. That's helped me quite a bit
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  14. Registered User

Back pumps are debilitating at best every time I do deadlifts, but I roll on a PVC pipe between sets and it helps a bit.
  15. Registered User

if you boil / stew your meat
    make sure you drink the broth
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Unfortunately I'm deployed and cannot cook my own meals... I can choose between a few things and try to eat the most potassium enriched ones. Pumps are feeling a little better but I still wake up in the middle of the night with a dull pain and cannot get comfy again! So far less than 7 hrs of sleep a night. I'm going lighter on back days which I'm pissed about and upped taurine to 6 or more grams a day.
  17. Registered User

If you can get taurine you can make broth bro
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    If you can get taurine you can make broth bro
    Haha. Had taurine shipped! Think they can ship me broth? Or I can just ask the cooks here to fill up some cups for me....
  19. Registered User

Yeah man, just get some stock cubes, add in that low sodium salt (it's sodium + potassium) and you're good to go
    Even better if it's made with bones or "real" broth from the kitchen
    I have a cup of broth post training as I keto diet and piss out lots of electrolytes

See when you have low sodium, you will piss out all the magnesium and potassium. When you load sodium, the body spares them.
    So if you boil your meet, the potassium will leak out into the broth and unless you actually drink it you're not getting any potassium in your diet. Grilled, not an issue. So soups are great, so are stews if they mix in some of the juices in the bowl too, I'm sure you'll figure it out
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

This is it. Poor form + higher red blood cell count = painful pumps.

He needs to work on form and keeping a tight, arched back when squatting and DL. This used to be problematic for me as well but there are things that help alleviate it quite well.

- Proper form
    - Training belt
    - Avoid deep squats. Stay parallel. Wide stance toes out only.
    I can't agree with this

Building dependency on a belt is rubbish advice. Advising half squats neglects the posterior chain and will overdevelop the anterior chain.

Edit but I do agree with increased K and Na
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

I can't agree with this

Building dependency on a belt is rubbish advice. Advising half squats neglects the posterior chain and will overdevelop the anterior chain.

Edit but I do agree with increased K and Na
    Who said half squats!?? Who said build dependency on a weight belt?

I said go parallel. By parallel, I dont mean half squats, I mean full squats.

Nevermind I have delt with EXACTLY the same problem and this fixed it. With that said, I really dont care anymore about this thread. Everyone has got an opinion, and more than half of u have no communication skills over the internet because u have no respect, no ability to realize that there is more than your own solution, and u have no tact or accuracy in ur argument. Show some respect, and read carefully next time. It might take u a long way with others in the future.
  22. Registered User

wearing a belt increases quad and hamstring activation but does not change midsection activation at all
    that being said I rarely wear my belt and I compete in powerlifting
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Parallel is not full squat. Parallel is parallel. Many who go parallel are actually above parallel because they are looking at quads instead of hip angle. Sorry if my internet etiquette is not up to your standards but your poor advising is not up to mine. "Wear a belt, go halfway down..."

No.

Edit and those aren't the cause nor the solutions to back pumps.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. back pumps
    By oswizzle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
  2. clen and lower back pumps
    By s.norman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:32 AM
  3. "Back Pumps"
    By T-Bone in forum Anabolics