Suppression From Creatine

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I'm curious if anybody ever notices signs of suppression or loss of libido from creatine use. Creatine is supposed to be non-hormonal, but I'm wondering if it may have hormonal effects on bertain individuals. Occaisionally I get symptoms of suppression and loss of libido while taking creatine alone. No other supps. Am I out of the norm here?

Angular Air

Awards
That's odd - I don't know what it is, but I started working out at the gym along with starting creatine supplementation and I feel more aggresive and "testosterone" feeling in general, like I'm becomming more of an alpha male...

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
it shouldn't have any effect on hormone levels; given a basic understanding of the way creatine works and the role it (phosphocreatine) plays in resynthesizing ATP. it's most likely other factors (stress, diet, overtraining)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
From personal experience, my libido takes a hit when I cut for too long. If you are in a long cutting phase than that could be it. Could also be overtraining like chasec said.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As the others said there should be no hormonal issues. I do have one friend that has the same complaint though. He claimed that he had a hard time orgasming and when he did it was virtually pleasurless.

I've been skeptical of his story ..but hey ya never know.

INFOHAZARD

Awards
As the others said there should be no hormonal issues. I do have one friend that has the same complaint though. He claimed that he had a hard time orgasming and when he did it was virtually pleasurless.

I've been skeptical of his story ..but hey ya never know.
I think this thread qualifies as consensus. We have a goodly number of people describing heretofore unknown creatine side-effect of libido supression and agression....

INFOHAZARD

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bros. I guess I may be an odd ball or it may be due to some other factors. Like I said, it doesn't happen all of the time. Usually just with prolonged use. Could be too much saturated fat in my diet or something.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
No you aren't the only oddball. Never felt anything like it when I was on regular mono but when I first started taking CEE the first couple days libido seemed a little iffy. When I got some help :) at the end of the session it didn't feel the same.

But that was only after the first couple days of taking it, then everything went back to normal and I still stayed on with CEE.

RT

Newb017

Banned
Awards
ahh, the power of placebo, either that or a diet/stress related issue

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
ahh, the power of placebo, either that or a diet/stress related issue
You think?

No change in diet. Stress maintained the same. Only thing that changed may have been that I upped my water intake. So you think water is suppressive? :)

Newb017

Banned
Awards
then please explain how in the world you think creatine could be suppressive, is this the first time you've ever used it? using something for the first time you usually let your mind wander on what could go wrong etc

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
then please explain how in the world you think creatine could be suppressive,
Can't explain why it's suprressive. Don't even know if it is. All I posted was that I experienced some of the same things the original poster posted AND Bioman's friend relayed to him. It happened and it went away, plain and simple and I was just stating my experience. If I need to go into a full blown scientific detailed explanation, it isn't going to happen. But it doesn't make what I or MF210 any less true.

is this the first time you've ever used it?
Never felt anything like it when I was on regular mono but when I first started taking CEE ...
So no. It isn't the first time I've had creatine. It was the third time around with Creatine but the first dance with CEE.

I still plan on taking CEE. I just now know that something like this may happen again. But I also know it's temporary if it does happen again. Which it may not. I'm not kicking CEE, in fact I think it was a lot better than the Creatine I took before.

using something for the first time you usually let your mind wander on what could go wrong etc
Could be. The mind is a powerful tool. But seriously though, I know the way my mind works and sex is pretty much a high priority LOL :D

I try not to let my mind wander too far from that topic, especially if I'm taking specific active participation in the topic being discussed :)

RT

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
it's not suppressive. what your experiencing is psychological; or is your bodies reaction to stress. creatine has no appreciative hormonal effect

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is not suppresive. It doesn't operate though that mechanism.

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
You think?

No change in diet. Stress maintained the same. Only thing that changed may have been that I upped my water intake. So you think water is suppressive? :)

That's it man. It's not the creatine, it's his water intake. Water is suppressive. So are placebos, if you think so.