Im not making gains - AnabolicMinds.com

Im not making gains

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Im not making gains

I work out about 2 hours a day and consume 3500 calories and its 200g of protein plus carbs and Im taking phs what am i doing wrong

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How long have you been training, how old are you, what are your stats, and what ph are you taking and how long have you been on?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

lifting for six years 5'9 200 lbs 17%bodyfat. phs are msten/epi 2a 3a/ trenabol. my 4th day on usally i notice something by now
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Age?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

35 years old
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

It's only 4 days in.... What other cycles have you ran and when was your last run?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

rpn havoc with cjc-1925 gh2p-2 ghrp-6 peptides,
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

and hex
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

When was your last run, how long have you been off?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

pct ended 6 months ago but how long befor i notice gains
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Bro honestly I think it's all in your head.... Your only four days in, you won't see any gains in 4 days. Maybe some water/nitrogen retention but that's all. If you do your part the phs WILL do their part. Give it some time you will see gains. Keep eating and training and get rest.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Bro honestly I think it's all in your head.... Your only four days in, you won't see any gains in 4 days. Maybe some water/nitrogen retention but that's all. If you do your part the phs WILL do their part. Give it some time you will see gains. Keep eating and training and get rest.
    thank you very much man i will
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Make sure you take your PCT seriously as well. Hopefully you do a healthy dose of SERM and a natty test booster like Intimidate SRT as well. I hate when people will make great gains and cheap out on PCT only to lose all or most of those gains.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

I started a similar Cycle last sunday but high Trenabol and not so much Epi
    this might not help but I'm already seeing it work.
    My BF is around 10-10.5% so any small change can be easily seen.
    Today I was 2LBS heavier in the morning, same body BF%
    I've only worked my chest and quads since started it on Sun.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.

Give it time... if not anything in a few check to make sure you didnt get bunk gear or maybe expired goods.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

im noticing gains i got 5 more reps on each exersise
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Maybe you're body is different than me, but I have to eat more calories than that to gain anything. I'm 187 fasted as of this morning, not sure of BF a little washed out but can see abs. Anytime I'm over 180 though I have to start really upping the calories. I do fine with 200g of protein but I'll need like 3800 calories minimum. I'm actually aiming for 4000 now that I'm closing in on 190 and I know I'll need more. Obviously if you gain fat a little easier though you probably want to be more conservative.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RH2012 View Post
    give it time, but i dont believe you need to train for 2hrs a day. 1 hr 3-4 time a week will probably work best for mass, esp since you're 35. i gained about 30 lbs in my 30's with low volume. nowdays i lift heavy one week with 3-5 min rest, 6-8 reps, with low volume , then the next week i add volume and go for more of a pump with 10-12 reps and 90 sec rests. change core exercises every few weeks to keep it fresh.

^This bro. do your best to not over-train. Also what are your goals? Are you lifting for strength, size or both? If I were guessing i would say it sounds like your trying to get bigger just based on the info you provided....

Here's what works for me your weight and rep ranges to necessary to achieve a certain type of hypertrophy will very based on your personal genetics:

For putting on quality weight that makes me stronger and holds/increases definition = 75% of 2 rep max @ 5-7 reps x 5-6 sets (Hybrid*)
    More weight gain and inches (looks better in a t shirt) less strength and less definition = 50-60% of my 2 rep max @ 8-10 reps x 6-8 sets (sarcoplasmic, type 1)
    For stronger and more ripped without gaining much size or weight = 80-95% of my 2 rep max @ 3-5 reps x 3-5 (myofibrillar, type 2)

Hybrid-Muscle or Type 3 Muscle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8Dchor7O0

Read more on hypertrophy here:
    http://www.manicmuscles.com/sarcoplasmic-hypertrophy/
    http://www.manicmuscles.com/myofibrillar-hypertrophy/
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Just to throw in my 2 cents about overtraining I'll say that I don't believe in it in regards to muscle hypertrophy. I do believe you can easily do extensive damage to your joints or if you develop a muscle tear from working out hard it can get worse, but I don't think there's a point where you are overtraining your muscles unless you are literally clinically injuring yourself from training. Case in point Dana Linn Bailey said when training with George Farah for the 2013 Olympia she did legs for 2-3 hours 3 times a week.

Sometimes I spend awhile in the gym doing legs and abs(like 1.5-2hrs), mostly I think because I take longer rests on leg days. I think if you're in the gym longer you can challenge yourself by shortening rest times. Most people who spend 2-3 hours in the gym are resting too much. Legs aside, most of my workouts are an hour or less. This is because I try to rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets, and I superset a lot. This is actually based on advice I got from a personal trainer who is a competing bodybuilder
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

10 days at least to feel anything on any of those compounds
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

my strength has shot up
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

i agree with most of what you are saying. i've noticed that as i get older, i develop systemic over training. its not muscles but a complete systemic drain. i've trained with forced reps and negs and x-reps too hard and the next day or day after, wow, chronic fatigue for 2 days, feel stressed out. almost like adrenal fatigue or something. but you're right, its not muscles that feels over trained.
    Oh yeah that makes sense. Haven't really even thought too much about mental effects.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A 2 hr training session tells me you're lacking intensity. Hence no growth.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

i agree with most of what you are saying. i've noticed that as i get older, i develop systemic over training. its not muscles but a complete systemic drain. i've trained with forced reps and negs and x-reps too hard and the next day or day after, wow, chronic fatigue for 2 days, feel stressed out. almost like adrenal fatigue or something. but you're right, its not muscles that feels over trained.
    I understand what you're talking about. I experience this too. I don't think its necessarily age as I'm almost 22 but I think its just cuz your training intensity is so high. Even when I'm on cycle which I am currently, I still will feel worn out and drained like this every so often.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

lethargy can also result from test suppression. That's an added component of cycling without a test base.
    Your fastest weight is your best weight
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tansui View Post
    lethargy can also result from test suppression. That's an added component of cycling without a test base.
    That's true. I get this feeling regardless though.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

yeah man, i always train to failure and sometimes more. it gets brutal but it works so well. i'm trying to take it down a notch. lol
    Lol yeah especially when u try to hit a muscle group twice a week but its so sore u can only do it once.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I put on around 47 pounds this year and not 1 workout broke 50 minutes. And, yes, I stayed fairly lean(some muscle memory involved too) If your intensity is high enough, you can train 1-2 major groups in <1hour. I would be throwing up long before the 2 hour mark. The only time my workouts go that long is if I am spending too much time in the gym b.s.ing or trying to LOSE size.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Stri8ed View Post
    Lol yeah especially when u try to hit a muscle group twice a week but its so sore u can only do it once.
    DC is founded on the idea that once a week DOES work, however, if the achieved stimulus can happen in a shorter period of time with high-intensity, can we recover faster? , and train that group again in just 3-4 days? YES...
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

I usually only train something once a week, EXCEPT whatever weak point I'm working on. Usually if something has been stubborn or I'm just really trying to bring it up I'll work it 2+ times a week. For instance, when I really wanted my lower lats to pop out so I would actually have a decent lat spread I would hit lats 3-4 times a week, not saying I would go full intensity on them each time though or even do a full workout, but more like throwing extra sets of underhand BB rows or other "low" pulls.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

DC is founded on the idea that once a week DOES work, however, if the achieved stimulus can happen in a shorter period of time with high-intensity, can we recover faster? , and train that group again in just 3-4 days? YES...
    Yeah that's what I do with legs.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    I usually only train something once a week, EXCEPT whatever weak point I'm working on. Usually if something has been stubborn or I'm just really trying to bring it up I'll work it 2+ times a week. For instance, when I really wanted my lower lats to pop out so I would actually have a decent lat spread I would hit lats 3-4 times a week, not saying I would go full intensity on them each time though or even do a full workout, but more like throwing extra sets of underhand BB rows or other "low" pulls.

I find that when I'm not "on" 1x per week is most effective. However when I'm on cycle I can def hit body parts more frequently.... Recovery time is much quicker. And I'm with you Mathersby, 1 hr is plenty of time...... It's the intensity that makes the difference.... Plus muscle is built in the kitchen.... Haha that's what I say
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Plus muscle is built in the kitchen.... Haha that's what I say
    Truth bro! Without eating you don't gain s**t!
    -Dom Mazzetti
  34. New Member

get your body fat under control
    trying to bulk up at 17% is stupid, you're just going to get bloated as hell and estrogen will be running rampant
  35. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I put on around 47 pounds this year and not 1 workout broke 50 minutes. And, yes, I stayed fairly lean(some muscle memory involved too) If your intensity is high enough, you can train 1-2 major groups in <1hour. I would be throwing up long before the 2 hour mark. The only time my workouts go that long is if I am spending too much time in the gym b.s.ing or trying to LOSE size.
    I concur. Less rest = more intensity. 45sec.
    Get a stop watch.

If you cant hit 15-20 sets in less than an hour, your resting too much.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

I concur. Less rest = more intensity. 45sec.
    Get a stop watch.

If you cant hit 15-20 sets in less than an hour, your resting too much.
    That's what I was saying earlier. 2 hrs is too long, not using that time efficiently.
  37. New Member

Reputation Reputation

i like to get in and get out quick. i can usually get my workout in 90 minutes or less. i don't spend a lot of time resting and bull****ting tho. also, i am old. i am worn out after an hour and a half
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why im not gaining
    By frankie_96 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
  2. Iím not Homophobic; Iím Chick-O-Centric
    By bpmartyr in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 10:16 AM
  3. Still making gains after a week(superdrol)
    By Zombie in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 04:49 PM
  4. is something wrong with this site it says im not logged in but
    By Outside Backer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM
  5. Im Not Getting Any Post Points...
    By Vman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 12:04 AM