Im not making gains

mbig

Awards
I work out about 2 hours a day and consume 3500 calories and its 200g of protein plus carbs and Im taking phs what am i doing wrong

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been training, how old are you, what are your stats, and what ph are you taking and how long have you been on?

mbig

Awards
lifting for six years 5'9 200 lbs 17%bodyfat. phs are msten/epi 2a 3a/ trenabol. my 4th day on usally i notice something by now

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's only 4 days in.... What other cycles have you ran and when was your last run?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When was your last run, how long have you been off?

mbig

Awards
pct ended 6 months ago but how long befor i notice gains

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bro honestly I think it's all in your head.... Your only four days in, you won't see any gains in 4 days. Maybe some water/nitrogen retention but that's all. If you do your part the phs WILL do their part. Give it some time you will see gains. Keep eating and training and get rest.

mbig

Awards
Bro honestly I think it's all in your head.... Your only four days in, you won't see any gains in 4 days. Maybe some water/nitrogen retention but that's all. If you do your part the phs WILL do their part. Give it some time you will see gains. Keep eating and training and get rest.
thank you very much man i will

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Make sure you take your PCT seriously as well. Hopefully you do a healthy dose of SERM and a natty test booster like Intimidate SRT as well. I hate when people will make great gains and cheap out on PCT only to lose all or most of those gains.

ifrankie

Awards
I started a similar Cycle last sunday but high Trenabol and not so much Epi
this might not help but I'm already seeing it work.
My BF is around 10-10.5% so any small change can be easily seen.
Today I was 2LBS heavier in the morning, same body BF%
I've only worked my chest and quads since started it on Sun.

MuscleJ

Awards
Give it time... if not anything in a few check to make sure you didnt get bunk gear or maybe expired goods.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Maybe you're body is different than me, but I have to eat more calories than that to gain anything. I'm 187 fasted as of this morning, not sure of BF a little washed out but can see abs. Anytime I'm over 180 though I have to start really upping the calories. I do fine with 200g of protein but I'll need like 3800 calories minimum. I'm actually aiming for 4000 now that I'm closing in on 190 and I know I'll need more. Obviously if you gain fat a little easier though you probably want to be more conservative.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
give it time, but i dont believe you need to train for 2hrs a day. 1 hr 3-4 time a week will probably work best for mass, esp since you're 35. i gained about 30 lbs in my 30's with low volume. nowdays i lift heavy one week with 3-5 min rest, 6-8 reps, with low volume , then the next week i add volume and go for more of a pump with 10-12 reps and 90 sec rests. change core exercises every few weeks to keep it fresh.

^This bro. do your best to not over-train. Also what are your goals? Are you lifting for strength, size or both? If I were guessing i would say it sounds like your trying to get bigger just based on the info you provided....

Here's what works for me your weight and rep ranges to necessary to achieve a certain type of hypertrophy will very based on your personal genetics:

For putting on quality weight that makes me stronger and holds/increases definition = 75% of 2 rep max @ 5-7 reps x 5-6 sets (Hybrid*)
More weight gain and inches (looks better in a t shirt) less strength and less definition = 50-60% of my 2 rep max @ 8-10 reps x 6-8 sets (sarcoplasmic, type 1)
For stronger and more ripped without gaining much size or weight = 80-95% of my 2 rep max @ 3-5 reps x 3-5 (myofibrillar, type 2)

Hybrid-Muscle or Type 3 Muscle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8Dchor7O0

Read more on hypertrophy here:
http://www.manicmuscles.com/sarcoplasmic-hypertrophy/
http://www.manicmuscles.com/myofibrillar-hypertrophy/

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Just to throw in my 2 cents about overtraining I'll say that I don't believe in it in regards to muscle hypertrophy. I do believe you can easily do extensive damage to your joints or if you develop a muscle tear from working out hard it can get worse, but I don't think there's a point where you are overtraining your muscles unless you are literally clinically injuring yourself from training. Case in point Dana Linn Bailey said when training with George Farah for the 2013 Olympia she did legs for 2-3 hours 3 times a week.

Sometimes I spend awhile in the gym doing legs and abs(like 1.5-2hrs), mostly I think because I take longer rests on leg days. I think if you're in the gym longer you can challenge yourself by shortening rest times. Most people who spend 2-3 hours in the gym are resting too much. Legs aside, most of my workouts are an hour or less. This is because I try to rest 30 seconds to 1 minute between sets, and I superset a lot. This is actually based on advice I got from a personal trainer who is a competing bodybuilder

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

Awards
  • Established
10 days at least to feel anything on any of those compounds

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
i agree with most of what you are saying. i've noticed that as i get older, i develop systemic over training. its not muscles but a complete systemic drain. i've trained with forced reps and negs and x-reps too hard and the next day or day after, wow, chronic fatigue for 2 days, feel stressed out. almost like adrenal fatigue or something. but you're right, its not muscles that feels over trained.
Oh yeah that makes sense. Haven't really even thought too much about mental effects.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
A 2 hr training session tells me you're lacking intensity. Hence no growth.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
i agree with most of what you are saying. i've noticed that as i get older, i develop systemic over training. its not muscles but a complete systemic drain. i've trained with forced reps and negs and x-reps too hard and the next day or day after, wow, chronic fatigue for 2 days, feel stressed out. almost like adrenal fatigue or something. but you're right, its not muscles that feels over trained.
I understand what you're talking about. I experience this too. I don't think its necessarily age as I'm almost 22 but I think its just cuz your training intensity is so high. Even when I'm on cycle which I am currently, I still will feel worn out and drained like this every so often.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
lethargy can also result from test suppression. That's an added component of cycling without a test base.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
lethargy can also result from test suppression. That's an added component of cycling without a test base.
That's true. I get this feeling regardless though.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
yeah man, i always train to failure and sometimes more. it gets brutal but it works so well. i'm trying to take it down a notch. lol
Lol yeah especially when u try to hit a muscle group twice a week but its so sore u can only do it once.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I put on around 47 pounds this year and not 1 workout broke 50 minutes. And, yes, I stayed fairly lean(some muscle memory involved too) If your intensity is high enough, you can train 1-2 major groups in <1hour. I would be throwing up long before the 2 hour mark. The only time my workouts go that long is if I am spending too much time in the gym b.s.ing or trying to LOSE size.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lol yeah especially when u try to hit a muscle group twice a week but its so sore u can only do it once.
DC is founded on the idea that once a week DOES work, however, if the achieved stimulus can happen in a shorter period of time with high-intensity, can we recover faster? , and train that group again in just 3-4 days? YES...

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I usually only train something once a week, EXCEPT whatever weak point I'm working on. Usually if something has been stubborn or I'm just really trying to bring it up I'll work it 2+ times a week. For instance, when I really wanted my lower lats to pop out so I would actually have a decent lat spread I would hit lats 3-4 times a week, not saying I would go full intensity on them each time though or even do a full workout, but more like throwing extra sets of underhand BB rows or other "low" pulls.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
DC is founded on the idea that once a week DOES work, however, if the achieved stimulus can happen in a shorter period of time with high-intensity, can we recover faster? , and train that group again in just 3-4 days? YES...
Yeah that's what I do with legs.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
get your body fat under control
trying to bulk up at 17% is stupid, you're just going to get bloated as hell and estrogen will be running rampant

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put on around 47 pounds this year and not 1 workout broke 50 minutes. And, yes, I stayed fairly lean(some muscle memory involved too) If your intensity is high enough, you can train 1-2 major groups in <1hour. I would be throwing up long before the 2 hour mark. The only time my workouts go that long is if I am spending too much time in the gym b.s.ing or trying to LOSE size.
I concur. Less rest = more intensity. 45sec.
Get a stop watch.

If you cant hit 15-20 sets in less than an hour, your resting too much.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I concur. Less rest = more intensity. 45sec.
Get a stop watch.

If you cant hit 15-20 sets in less than an hour, your resting too much.
That's what I was saying earlier. 2 hrs is too long, not using that time efficiently.

johnnybeegood

Banned
Awards
i like to get in and get out quick. i can usually get my workout in 90 minutes or less. i don't spend a lot of time resting and bull****ting tho. also, i am old. i am worn out after an hour and a half :)