The Reference Point Threads - what they are for

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Whether they are discussing the formerly legal "pro"-steroids/prohormones, or the formerly legal AAS steroids (only made illegal a decade and a half ago) most steroid profiles are saturated in brotelligence. They are often not terribly science based in their dosing recommendations or their predicted results. They are often based on what the bro that wrote it has heard or experienced, with a but of science sprinkled on top, almost as an afterthought. Not all steroid profiles are this bad, but some are.

The reference point threads are meant to be a check on the brotelligence of the profiles. By looking over what other users have actually experienced, interesting things can be gleaned, e.g. "Hmm, looks like only 10 people out of 100 experienced the kind of effects I was told this steroid produces at that dose." Or on the contrary, if there is some steroid that is underestimated or it is rarely written about, it would be nice to have all of people's personal experiences there in one place. The latter part of the first post in the reference point thread should be an executive summary of all the posters' experiences, which serve as empirical footnotes. Compare the executive summary against the profile that just goes around in circulation, and you're in a position to start making good judgements about what to use. Rely on the profiles alone, and you either have to scour the web looking for reviews, talk to local bros, or just play trial and error on yourself. It seems to me that the reference point threads would save a hell of a lot of useless effort -- but only if people take the 45 seconds necessary to post a reply in them.

AnabolicMinds was the best source on the web for information about prohormones and "pro"-steroids. Many people will still use these or other anabolics in the future. So if you would like to make a contribution against brotelligence, Click here: The Reference Point Threads.

Strateg0s

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My God. People have been growing off "brotelligence" for years.
Thank God we'll all be saved from our own growth now thanks to some threads.
Everyone is different, and if I get your personal experience with a substance, I of course wouldn't be ignorant enough to believe it to be the same for me. Those who don't research and learn what AAS really do and the mechanisms by which they do it probably shouldn't be using anyway. But it's nice.
"Hormonal Darwinism"

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i love the whole "brotelligence" theory....

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, people have been growing for years, despite having little clue. This doesn't mean that they haven't been making tons of mistakes that could be avoided with a little less ignorance. Everyone is different, perhaps, but not so different that such threads are useless. As I said in my explanation, these threads are designed to facilitate and check or correct research, not to replace it.

left field

Awards
Strat,

for a newbie like myself they are invaluable.

Thanks.

lefty

left field

Awards
BTW, maybe a PCT Reference Point thread would be in order.

lefty

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The reply rate to the refernce threads is pathetic.

Come on guys, step up!! It really can't take that long to fill it out.

Strat - I think you are going to have to start actively targeting guys (i.e. Supersoldier, etc).

SoccerGuy07

Awards
id fill one out..but i havent used any :) I dont really have a use for them, maybe in the future...but I do think theyre a great idea. Come on, 60-75%, maybe even more, of the people on this board have used these substances and the number of replies has been minimal. If I had feedback, id do it!

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Bump.....

I'm usually at work, so I'll do my part this weekend.
Thanks for going to all this trouble by the way.
It's already been very informative.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
the links in to the reference point threads only take you to the search, even the one in your sig - strateg0s

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
the links in to the reference point threads only take you to the search, even the one in your sig - strateg0s
Right, then you just click the Search Now button, and you see all 15 threads. That's the only way I could do it.

script-pro

Awards
Strat,

How about starting one for Methyl-DHT? seems to be a popular drug right now.
I'd start but don't want to take any of the credit given to you for the great idea that is the "The reference Point Threads"

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
There is one, all of the pure androgens are grouped together - M5AA, MDHT, 3A, etc. Too bad I can't change the title.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I'll do one my next cycle. I plan on trying to keep a log this time around.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump!

Strateg0s is MIA, but these threads were a good idea back then and still are today.

Last edited: