Estrogen blockers, when and how much?

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Hey people,
Just starting a cycle of test E, one week in, taking 250mg twice a week, 500mg per week,
Just wondering when to start the the estrogen blockers? And what dose to take?
I have tamoxifen 25mg tablets....
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Donkeykong67

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The tamoxifen should be used as a PCT at the end of your cycle, typically around 2-3 weeks after your last dose of test. You should have an AI on hand during your cycle for estrogen issues.

By the quality of your questions, you shouldn't be using steroids. Learn first, THEN use.

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Cheers rhadam,
What's an Al ?
What's a good est blocker too?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On cycle you need an aromatase inhibitor. Google it, and do some research.... Then get back with some idea of what your looking for..... You need to do a lot of research. Pct and AI are just as important as the gear itself, at least if you want to keep your gains and not grow tits!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Oh boy...shoot first ask questions later

Be careful

pro520roost

pro520roost

Awards
On cycle you need an aromatase inhibitor. Google it, and do some research.... Then get back with some idea of what your looking for..... You need to do a lot of research. Pct and AI are just as important as the gear itself, at least if you want to keep your gains and not grow tits!
What if you want to keep gains and grow tits?

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Thanks men,
I join up n post here for help n you blokes just take the piss out of me n tell me to go away n study, I'm tryin to do the best study there is, to learn from people more experienced than me, y don't yous tell me instead of tellin me to piss off n study?
Thanks for nothing!

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Liftandeat,
Are you tellin me straight about exemestane? Or you taking the piss, just that you put lmo after what you wrote I'm not sure, I looked it up, yes it's an ai, but is it really the one I should get?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's not what happened... You asked what an AI was, I told you what it was and pointed you to do some research.... I don't mind helping, what I don't like is lazy people wanting to be spoonfed without doing any research about what their doing.... Hormones will **** you up if you don't know what your doing, and pointing you to educate yourself is best thing you could ever do....

That being said you have a serm with you tamoxifen which is more than most who come on here.... That is for your pct, and examastane is an excellent choice for an AI, as well as arimadex for a 500/week cycle

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Thanks liftandeat,
I looked it up, sounds good thanks!
And I just wanted to say that I did do some research, maybe not enough but this is what I was going by when I bought tamoxifen........

Bodybuilders who take anabolic steroids may also use AIs, such as anastrozole, to avoid estrogenic effects, such as gynecomastia, via preventing their elevated levels of testosterone from being converted to excess estrogen. Although anastrozole is reported by steroid users to work well in preventing and also reversing minor symptoms of gynecomastia, only the selective estrogen receptor modulator, tamoxifen, has been shown to be more successful at treating pubertal gynecomastia than placebo. These results are not unexpected due to the significant etiological differences in steroid-induced gynecomastia (excess estrogen) and pubertal gynecomastia (hypersensitive tissue). Tamoxifen has been reported to be effective in treating both groups, showing the acute anti-estrogen action of tamoxifen on the affected tissue provides faster relief in the initial stages of treatment, especially as nipple pain or sensitivity is common in the steroid group, often occurring independently of tissue growth.[16][17]

Peace men,
Thanks for your posts!

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Thanks godstrength,
Hahaa maybe I'm a little sensitive hahaa, your right mate knowledge is power, thanks for your advice mate, I appreciate it, cheers.

pro520roost

pro520roost

Awards
Thanks men,
I join up n post here for help n you blokes just take the piss out of me n tell me to go away n study, I'm tryin to do the best study there is, to learn from people more experienced than me, y don't yous tell me instead of tellin me to piss off n study?
Thanks for nothing!
Only want you to research because if you fuk yourself up you cant blame anyone but yourself. No one was flaming you only trying to help you

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Ok so I've ordered some aromasin (exemestane) 25mg tabs, how should I dose? One a day? Should I take them straight away or wait n see if I get aromatise effects? Itchy/ sore nips etc?
Thanks people.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I've ordered some aromasin (exemestane) 25mg tabs, how should I dose? One a day? Should I take them straight away or wait n see if I get aromatise effects? Itchy/ sore nips etc?
Thanks people.
Cut the tabs in half and take 12.5 every day. With this you won't need to worry about any estro sides. Better to be safe than sorry. But this is my opinion because I'm prone to estro sides. Some people never need to take AIs.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Cut the tabs in half and take 12.5 every day. With this you won't need to worry about any estro sides. Better to be safe than sorry. But this is my opinion because I'm prone to estro sides. Some people never need to take AIs.
I think that's too much exemestane. I understand everyone is different but exemestane has about a 24 hr half life. You will obliterate estrogen and cause more problems at that dose. I'd start twice a week. You need some E2 otherwise you will have extremely painful joints, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, lethargy and more.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that's too much exemestane. I understand everyone is different but exemestane has about a 24 hr half life. You will obliterate estrogen and cause more problems at that dose. I'd start twice a week. You need some E2 otherwise you will have extremely painful joints, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, lethargy and more.

This... 12.5 e3d or 2 x per week... I would wait til you notice some sides puffy or itchy nips aren't the only sign of high estrogen. If you start to feel bloated or holding a lot of water are some other sides of high e2. On 500 mg/week I would wait til you need it. You def don't want to crash your Estrogen. Sides can make you miserable if your estrogen crashes, plus it's not healthy.

As you can see there is a lot too it, hence research comes into play... There is no substitute for experience and knowing your body, that comes with time. Good luck w the cycle

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Cheers bro, what's E2? I googled it but a thousand things came up......

DONKEYKONG67

Awards
Ahhh sweet, cheers for all your help fellas!

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exemestane from my understanding doesn't crash estro like letro does but instead lowers it 50-60%. Is that considered crashing? And I don't understand why somebody would take exemestane twice a week with the half life being 24 hours. Wouldn't this cause your estro to go up and down like a roller coaster?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
(I pulled this from another forum)

My biggest issue is that Aromasin destroys estrogen and we know arimidex does not completely destroy it. If you destroy estrogen during a 16+ week cycle the biggest negative side affect is a decrease in bone density.

Why would we knowingly take Aromasin when we know its effective rate on destroying estrogen is 85% and we know that we need estrogen not only to build muscle but counter balance the effects of free test on our emotions, sexual organ functionality and bone density?

Its proven that Arimidex is faster and controls estrogen in a fashion that is more functional in our specific use. Short ester SERM's are what we need during cycles becuase the peaks and valleys are so great and we have no unit of measure as to what our bodies are doing exactly.

Nipples flaring is a sign of high estrogen, but it is not a valid gauge of how high our estrogen truly is. Arimidex is more of a nozzle on the estrogen faucet, where Aromasin ends up being a plug.

I understand we want to do the dosing in moderation, but there is nothing moderate about having high estrogen one day and then taking aromasin which completely kills the estrogen the next day, I see that as a significant shift in hormonal activity that they body cannot be happy with or rebound from easily. After all just was with our Test levels, it took 2 to 4 weeks for the body to get those estrogen levels that high.

Aromasin on cycle is old school, Arimidex is the way to go, we want to control the variances not stop and start them. Any written article about aromasin says that its "suicidal" for estrogen, it also mentions that using it helps increase Testosterone production, so again great for PCT, not great for during cycle, the body is confused enough.

Just my own thought.... I think @12.5 ed or even eod it could easily tank estrogen especially if taking it from the get go. As you said some people don't get the estrogen sides... I think everyone is different.... One thing I found w suicidal AIs is that, for me at least, their better used less often. I notice low E sides at ed or eod unless on a highly aromatizing compound.... Everyone's different, in the end OP is gonna have to find what works for him

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I chose aromasin (exemestane) after researching and comparing to arimidex. Just my opinion, everyone is entitled

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Hey people,
Just starting a cycle of test E, one week in, taking 250mg twice a week, 500mg per week,
Just wondering when to start the the estrogen blockers? And what dose to take?
I have tamoxifen 25mg tablets....
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Donkeykong67
I always start them day 1. But starting them week two should be fine. I like aromasin at 12.5 MSG Ed. Or you could run mast and/or proviron for your anti e.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TravD77 Anabolics 3
ChefDeath Female Fitness 3
Supplements 20
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 12