Bodyfat on aas - AnabolicMinds.com

Bodyfat on aas

1. New Member

Bodyfat on aas

Ok all I see are people saying they are around 10 or 12 or 8 per cent bodyfat but are they ?? What is they way to measure this? Explain?

2. New Member

The only way I've heard that's accurate are body calipers. There are websites where you put your stats in but I think it's complete bs. You can't measure your muscle mass on those sites. So maybe they are using those? Just my 2 cents
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

You can do a simple caliper test. If you don't have calipers your local gym will usually be glad to help.

There are many devices out there, some are more accurate than others. The electronic ones that you hold in your hands are not the greatest. They work solely based on electricity passing through water. Somewhat accurate... but I've had one tell me I was 17% when I was closer to 11% with defined abs.

Bodpods are expensive to enter but very accurate.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

I have calipers.

I've also used the hand held electronic one at the gym. As mentioned above, it's not very accurate. % can fluctuate based on how much water you have in your system. I can measure 11% on my calipers at home, then go straight to the gym and measure 15% the day after a carb-up.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i remember winning a bet in one of my nutrition classes because of one of those stupid hand held scanners. i bet (betted?) i could piss out .5-1% bf. endedup peeing off .7% like magic

those things fkin suck
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i remember winning a bet in one of my nutrition classes because of one of those stupid hand held scanners. i bet (betted?) i could piss out .5-1% bf. endedup peeing off .7% like magic

those things fkin suck
    Yea, we had some gym come to my work as a promotional thing and tried to tell me how 'accurate' they were. "Coughbullsh*tcough"

I'm going to pound a half gallon of water for kicks this year and take a before and after reading. I bet I can crank out 2-3% extra
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I stay at 6% bf with a diet of big macs an ho'ho's wut.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.

Calipers are good for tracking changes, but for accuracy I think the Bod pod is the way to go. Cheap, simple, and pretty accurate. Quick also.
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have a dexa scanner in my bathroom.
  10. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

"Squats do a booty good." - 811
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    "Squats do a booty good." - 811
    This is the stupidest, most nonsensical, off-topic thing you've ever posted.
    BOARD TYRANT
  12. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    It's my sig but he left out the first part of my handle. Don't ask me why.
    Squats do a booty good.
  13. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Honda strike again lol have I been wondering where have you been, maybe tutoring on the sidelines a little? Oh well I just always glad to have my good shadow friend along on the rides.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What about those bodyfat calculators on scales? Also bod pods are very hard to find aren't they?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anything that is electrical impedance is highly inaccurate. BodPod and DEXA are the gold standards, but are not accessible to most unless they're close to a university that allows public testing. I've had my BF measured via BodPod before and it's a bit tricky as they may have to adjust the expiration threshold.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    You can do a simple caliper test. If you don't have calipers your local gym will usually be glad to help.

There are many devices out there, some are more accurate than others. The electronic ones that you hold in your hands are not the greatest. They work solely based on electricity passing through water. Somewhat accurate... but I've had one tell me I was 17% when I was closer to 11% with defined abs.

Bodpods are expensive to enter but very accurate.
    Same, I've got some funky outputs on the electric ones. I'm curious if they have their place if you did it several times in a week and got an average of them and threw out the crazy outlier.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

caliper results depend upon how experienced the user is. Fairly accurate.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. scientific literature on AAS and PCT?
    By Luigi in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
  2. Will Brink On AAS/PH
    By GTOman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 10:54 PM
  3. QUESTION on AAS stack
    By Wolfe008 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2005, 07:09 PM
  4. Hilarious article on AAS