First Cycle Cutting Question

tacohut49

Awards
Got ahold of some Test Prop and and debating between running it now while cutting or waiting until I get a to a point of trying to lean bulk.

Currently I am 34, been lifting since 18 but haven't been as hardcore over past 3-4 year due to work. I have been cutting for about 7 week and I am down about 15 lbs since then. Currently I am 5'10" 235 lbs and 16% bodyfat.

My goal is to be as lean as possible for a vacation at the end of January. So that is approximately 14 weeks from now.

I am considering running test prop at 100-150 mg EOD for 8 weeks while continuing to cut. My question is mainly does this make sense or will it be counter productive at all to the cutting? Only thing I have done in the past was H-Drol a couple of times in terms of Anabolics.

For those that have cut with something like Test Prop do you find that you can put on some lean mass while still dropping bodyfat? My diet is in check. Currently running 6 days/week of Keto Diet 250 g protein daily and adqueate fat low carbs and then I have one carb up day per week.

Thanks

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't cut without aas. I hate giving up what I worked for. However, this is a long process. It will be easier for you to define what is most important right now and proceed accordingly with hormonal assistance.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
The answer though is, with 350 mgs of test and a Keto diet under maintenance, chances are you won't gain much in terms of muscle. But you won't lose anything while cutting. Of course all that is a generalization. You may have better luck on a more recomp diet with prop. Carb cycling or something.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Well he said a Carb up 1x/wk. IMO you're already cutting and it's working. If you add the test, you never mentioned pct. If you have that all lined up, I can't see anything wrong with your plan. But remember it takes much longer to lose fat than to gain it.