ALPHA 20 Cycle Journal

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

ALPHA 20 Cycle Journal

Just completed my first ever cycle of a pro-hormone. LGI LABS ALPHA 20 and thought I would post a journal of my results and experience. I joined a functional fitness gym 1 year ago and got back into shape attended 5-6 times a week. Increased my body weight from 165-175 while losing trimming down to 6% body fat then plateaued and actually started losing body weight and got stuck at 172. I was doing very well at endurance and body weight workouts but I have had a hard time putting on squat strength for olympic lifting which i have grown fond of . Decided to go for the GOMAD diet (Gallon of milk daily combined with Alpha 20) to meet my strength goals. Below are the results of my 30 day cycle

Started on 9-11-2013
    Nutritional Plan 1 Gallon of whole milk daily + an additional 2500 calories with normal food consumption combined with Alpha 20 , and a relatively clean diet.no empty calories such as soda, sugar candy.. Cut back on METCON workouts. Move away from regular METCONS and normal regiman to heavy weight lifting 5 days a week.

PRECYCLE STATS (9-11-2013)
    AGE 34
    Body weight 173 (Previous 5 day average at 9PM)
    Back Squat 280
    Overhead squat 210
    Front Squat 215 (1) rep max
    Bench Press 260
    Snatch 185
    Deadlift 365
    Push Jerk 245
    Push Press 215
    Clean and Jerk 215
    Clean 215

TRAINING REGIMEN
    Weight training included 6-10 sets of squats 4-5 times a week. starting at 205 and working up to 275 on last set. Increasing squat strength was my main motivation to try the PH cycle.Also bench pressed a similar rep scheme on days I squatted. Did very little cardio and drank 1 gallon of whole milk daily. Weight training also included Push press, pull ups, pushups, sumo high pulls, triceps press on two Chairs, shrugs. etc. All weight lifting was free weights and body weight movements. Note: Negative symptoms included bad back pumps. Felt like i was always pumped up similar to when i took creatine and worked out hard back in college. Running or intense cardio resulted in a very stiff back and as such I had to rest between sets and used a foam roller a lot. After a week into the cycle had to exclude cardio from my workouts. Most days I had a stiff back and it was uncomfortable to perform simple household tasks on days I had hit the weights like vacuuming, mowing the lawn and carrying the kids around. Also when I did try to run my calves and quads got very tight with excess blood flow. I have a friend who took Alpha 20 and he did not experience the back pumps nearly as much as me so I would assume it varies from person to person. Sex drive was less than normal but nothing too major, had no problem with libido during sex. Did not have any issues with acne man boobs, hair loss or any of the other sides I have read of. On the positive side my strength went way up, I gained only a moderate amount of fat and put on 18 pounds of weight! My cheeks did fatten up a little and small amount of belly fat. Which I am sure will go away when i get back into regular cardio again. All in all I was very pleased with the results and hope that I keep the gains during and after PCT. I will likely try an additional cycle in another 4-6 months from now. I am going to keep the whole milk going at 3/4 gallon a day and also continue with the squats and heavy lifting 2-3 days a week to hopefully retain all of my weight gains during pct. Excited to get back into to cardio and more intense olympic weight lifting without the back pumps.

POST CYCLE STATS (10-14-2013) 31 day cycle
    Age 34
    Body Weight 191 (last 5 day average at 9PM)
    Back Squat 315
    Overhead squat 235 (double) Did not try 1RM
    Front Squat 270
    Bench Press 315
    Snatch 215
    Deadlift Not tested
    Push Jerk Not tested
    Push Press Not tested
    Clean and Jerk 235
    Clean 235

Ended Cycle of ALpha 20 on 10-14-2013 and started PCT with PURUS Labs RECYCLE same day. Will record results of post pct when completed. During cycle I supplemented with Irregular doses of PURUS Labs Organ Shield, 3MG of Taurine and Irregular doses of Magnesium. (The organ shield gave me heart burn until i figured out to take it with large meals and plenty of milk in my case)

Summary:
    18 lb. increase in body weight.
    35 lb increase in back squat
    55 lb increase in front squat
    30 lb increase in Snatch!
    55 lb increase in bench press
    Persistent Back pumps.
    Very happy with the results of the cycle and the benefits far outweighed the negative sides. I have gotten a lot of positve compliments on my increased size.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

very nice. surprised body fat went down
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Good results! please get a SERM as soon as possible for your pct (nolvadex) or you may lose a lot of those gains, and possibly experience some bad estro side effects.

Alpha-20 gets its strength by mostly converting to m-1-t, and using that without a serm is a recipe for disaster.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

What no serm? Smh
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

My body fat did not go down during my cycle it just went down over the course of a year since I started hitting the gym again. I am sure my body fat went up significantly during the cycle.. and also sure 5lbs or more of my gain was fluid retention but I am still very happy with my gains. I'll give a follow up post at the end of PCT. Is the PURUS Labs Recycle I am now taking sufficient for PCT????? or do you recommend something more. If so what product and where do I buy it? Novadex? I read about SERMS but have no experience. Just ended my cycle yesterday and am taking four capsules of the (Recycle) daily now. Thank you for advice
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jonygeorge View Post
    My body fat did not go down it just went down over the course of a year since I started doing crossfit. I am sure my body fat went up significantly during the cycle.. and also sure 5lbs or more of my gain was fluid retention but I am still very happy with my gains. I'll give a follow up post at the end of PCT. Is the PURUS Labs Recycle I am now taking sufficient for PCT????? or do you recommend something more. If so what product and where do I buy it? I read about SERMS but have no experience. Thanks Just ended my cycle yesterday and am taking four capsules of the (Recycle) daily now.
    No serm and you crossfit! George you are dead to me.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Recycle is NOT Suitable for pct after this cycle. Alpha20 is arguably the strongest ph/ds around, which means it will shut you down very hard (why your libido tanked). You need to google "research chemical nolvadex" and get a bottle express delivered to you, and take it 40mg/40/20/20 if you want your natural test production to recover any time in the near future.

Very reckless to go into a ph/ds, especially thisnpne without proper research and pct.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I agree. First you should've researched more before starting. Now u have to rush a serm in especially that's alpha 20 is toxic and strong. Lol u said recycle is enough. You did good during cycle but eventually will go back to where u started before the cycle. Get a serm it's dirt cheap brotha

I'm running alpha 20 right now FYI
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

FYI I ordered nolvadex, don/t know where it is coming from probably the philipines or something. A friend of mine did a cycle of alpha 20 and followed up with just the PURUS LABS Recycle for PCT and did not experience any estrogen negative side effects and kept most of his gains so hopefully I will do the same, but will begin the Nolvadex as soon as it arrives. Probably will be a week though. Will post my experience in a month to let everyone know how it went. Should i go for another cycle down the road I will have the recommended PCT ready to go. Thanks for everyones advice!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Alpha 20 and no serm? Lol good luck!
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Good! Glad you got it! This will help you recover a lot. One of the primary actions of a serm is to prevent interaction between estrogen and the receptors, which helps in reducing estrogen sides and gyno risk when your natural test tries to recover. More importantly from a recovery aspect though, most serms provide stimulation and increase of LH and testosterone in the body, so they will help you get back to where you need to be faster than you could without them.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Alpha 20 and no serm? Lol good luck!
    i agree. good luck keeping half of that

FYI I ordered nolvadex, don/t know where it is coming from probably the philipines or something. A friend of mine did a cycle of alpha 20 and followed up with just the PURUS LABS Recycle for PCT and did not experience any estrogen negative side effects and kept most of his gains so hopefully I will do the same, but will begin the Nolvadex as soon as it arrives. Probably will be a week though. Will post my experience in a month to let everyone know how it went. Should i go for another cycle down the road I will have the recommended PCT ready to go. Thanks for everyones advice!

theres a difference between keeping his gains and keeping his weight. id guess he lost every ounce of strength he gained from the cycle, but stayed relatively the same weight minus glycogen and water. talking about your friend btw
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i agree. good luck keeping half of that

theres a difference between keeping his gains and keeping his weight. id guess he lost every ounce of strength he gained from the cycle, but stayed relatively the same weight minus glycogen and water. talking about your friend btw
    no he kept most of strength gains, he is front squating 325 and weighs less than me and looks great. Maybe he just got lucky, regardless I will be taking the SERM thanks again for advice.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

no he kept most of strength gains, he is front squating 325 and weighs less than me and looks great. Maybe he just got lucky, regardless I will be taking the SERM thanks again for advice.
    Some guys are luck but most aren't, good that you ordered Nolva, good luck!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Post PCT STATS (11/23/2013)
    Age 34
    Body Weight 183 (Kept 10 of my 18lb gain)
    Back Squat 310 (Lost 5 lbs from peak durig cycle)
    Overhead squat 230 (lost 5 lbs from peak during cycle)
    Front Squat 260 (Lost 10 lbs from peak during cylce)
    Bench Press 310 (Lost 5 lbs from peak during cycle)
    Snatch 215 (Kept all my gains on the snatch)
    Deadlift Not tested
    Push Jerk Not tested
    Push Press 235
    Clean and Jerk 235
    Clean 235

Ended Cycle of ALpha 20 on 10-14-2013 and started PCT with PURUS Labs RECYCLE same day. Ended up buying Nolva but did not take it because it didn't arrive until 4 weeks after my cycle ended. Will definatley use on next cycle. I had hoped to keep more of the weight gain I experienced during the cycle but still the 8-10 lb gain was awesome and I kept 80% of my strength gains despite not having taken a serm. After my cycle I got a wicked cold for two weeks. work got very busy and my 4th child was born so I wasn't able to spend as much time at the gym as I wanted. I have noticed that my ability to complete high reps at a heavy weight isn't quite what it was while on cycle. All in all I was very happy with the end results of the cycle. I am going to hit a 6 week cycle of Epistane in a couple of weeks with hopes of less back pumps while on cycle and use the Nolvadex and after cycle as well.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Why do you all recommend tamox for LH, test recovery? Does nothing for your HTPA

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3297810/

Look at the placebo groups LH-RH and the tamox group.

Nadda.

Torem or clomid next time
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Why do you all recommend tamox for LH, test recovery? Does nothing for your HTPA

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3297810/

Look at the placebo groups LH-RH and the tamox group.

Nadda.

Torem or clomid next time
    probly has something to do with the parrot syndrome that plagues every forum
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Nolvadex best T-booster of the SERMS - http://www.ergo-log.com/nolvabest.html here is something I found. Interesting read.
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
    www.phfsupplements.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

probly has something to do with the parrot syndrome that plagues every forum
    Me and my boy tried to get it through everyone's head a year ago, that nolva is outdated and less effective than other SERMS out there. He got bashed cuz of his low post count even though he's even more knowledgeable than me, while no one berated me cuz I'm pretty respected on here. He's a mod on EF though which nobody knew. Now ppl r finally getting their head out their ass.
  20. SPS
    Answers

I am going to hit a 6 week cycle of Epistane in a couple of weeks with hopes of less back pumps while on cycle and use the Nolvadex and after cycle as well.
    Bad idea bro. No serm, no cycle support(at least mentioned), and now you want to run a cycle of epi? Give your body more time to recover, the goal should be to put on muscle without needing a liver transplant, trt, or having a dink that doesn't work
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Op I don't think you are aware how toxic and "bad" for you this stuff is. I am glad your liver didn't shut down or you still had a libido, but you need to do more research.

And holy hell that much milk a day would kill me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sustain Alpha - Post Cycle Suport
    By poacher in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
  2. Pudz's "Nuttin but a peanut" cycle JOURNAL
    By pudzian2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 375
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 11:33 PM
  3. Methyl 1 alpha/Halo cycle?
    By jerz912 in forum Anabolics