Age Limit 21: A Critical Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
Alright. This will be an epic post that I will no doubt get flamed for, but hopefully I can salvage
the integrity of my fellow under-21ers. Please, feel free to rant at me. Its nothing I have not heard before.

I have been researching prohormones, prosteroids, and AAS for about 6 months. During this time, I have felt a certain..disdain for anyone under 21. Now, I do know that many people under that age are immature and most definitely not ready to handle something as serious as prohormone discussion. I also know that most men do not fully mature until age 21, or even later! But why must this age be such a factor? I have been flamed for asking simple questions, not necessarily on this board, such as "when doing a search on S1+, what should I type in since there are only three letters?" I was doing my own research and asking a simple question, but was immediately bombarded with responses about "You are too young to be here, too young to ask questions!"

Well I ask you, with the impending ban and me wanting to use PH/PS in the future, how might I decide what to stock up on? Just to let you know, I have not bought one bottle of M1T. I am intelligent, and I will not sacrifice my well being, even for 2 weeks, for the gain of 10-15lbs. Certainly many people do, and that is their choice, but I am not some irresponsible teenager that does not do his homework! I did not rush off and buy the most potent PS legally sold (until the 19th) as do most of my peers, yet I am flamed just as they are for wanting knowledge. Because I'm too young.

Well let me ask you, what is this magical number? Why 21? Most people are not even financially independent until they are 26. Is it because of the nature of our biology, or is it because of our lack of responsibility? I assure you, I may not be done growing, but I sure as hell am smart enough to know this. I think that before someone goes off and flames some poor unsuspecting 19 year that he or she understand the context of the question.

My asking whether or not to stack SuperDrol with MD stems from information from one comment that it would put on weight. Is it good to stack methyls? No, but with those two, I doubt I would have near the liver toxicity of M1T. I know this. So I ask what the person might think the effects would be, and I in turn receive an uncalled-for flaming. How are we to receive information if we are not even allowed to post questions that we have! "Use the search function." Such a typical, lazy answer that I would not expect from people used to busting their ass in the gym. Take 5 seconds and answer our question, post a link to another thread, but dont bust our balls about it.

Not every 19 year old is as naive as some of the ones I have seen on various boards. Over the past months, I have seen everything from people wanting to use M1T as PCT to people wondering if creatine was a steroid. That was interesting. However, in conclusion, I do not believe that every single person under 21 should be held to requirements that should only apply to those less knowledgeable and less responsible. I can certify that there are many people OVER 21 that have no business using PH/PS at all. However, in the future, I wish to, and I would need information on things that will not be available in a few short days. So please, have a little respect for those that are not as dumb as you might think.

zaph123

Board Supporter
Awards
WOW........I dotn know wat to say except good post. Creatine as a roid ahah that was good. I agree there are some people that are 19 and 20 that would like to take it. I HAve no intentions but i know some people. GOOD POST!

nas7

Board Supporter
Awards
I am 3 months away from my 21'th bday, i am planning on staring my first SD cycle soon... i would also like to hear more info on this "age" requirement.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'll tell ya, it doesn't magically become alright to use PH/PH and even steroids as soon as you turn 21. If you wanna use them, you're probably gonna use them 9 times out of 10 regardless of what people say on these boards. Just make sure you know what the **** you are doing when you do decide to do it. I doubt everyone waits until that magical age of 21 to start drinking am I right. No ****, use common sense.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Soccerguy, while I partially agree with you, I think you are looking for trouble with this post. PH wise, you do need to use the search button because otherwise the board will be bombarded with 17 year old kids asking how to use M1T. If everyone uses the search function to find thier information members wont be bothered by answering the same questions over and over. Its not just kids who get flamed for asking questions that have been answered 100 times over, its everyone.

There are other boards that are less strict on age, but by the forum rules people our age shouldnt even be posting....thats just how it works here. Everyone is already aprehensive about teens taking over this board, and i think this post is only going to make things worse. I actually expect a mod to delete it. I enjoy posting here and limit my posting to the supplement section for the most part, I'd hate to be black balled because of a rising number of people my age making this sort of post.

To a certain extent maturity is a factor in this "age requirement", but its more geared biologically. It is not as safe for a teen to be using prohormones as it is for someone who's BODY has matured. To answer your question, the minute you blow out your 21st birthday candles you arent blessed with the ability to use ph's/AAS. The age of 21 is a blanket statement because by that age most people are ready to use hormones due to biological stability.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Good post. I think one of the key things to put into every post you write asking about PH is that you, well, you know your ****. You know what they are, how to use them, when to use them, what positives they bring as well as what negatives, how to recover, what ancilliaries to use, and most importantly that you know how to lift and how to eat.

I dont ask much about PH anymore, as my stockpile is complete. But when I did, I made sure to always write that I was just stockpiling and wanting to learn. You wouldnt believe the amount of kids our age who post "I just bought some 1-ad for my m1t PCT, is that cool?" Well, maybe not that dumb, but you get the picture.

I guess my only advice is to hang around and post when you know what you're talking about. People actually respect me and my knowledge about stuff now (I think:blink: ), but I'm still learning. Recently, for instance, I had some conversation with Lean One about cardio for fatloss, and I learned alot from him.

Stick around and provide useful information. You seem like someone with a good head for our age, so stick around.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay I will bite on this one..
One of the reasons that 21 is picked is that is considered "legal age" in I think every state in the union. This keeps some kids parents from going ape **** all over everyone on the board, and yes it has happened. I can't remember the board but a kid's dad got on there and just had a blast. Another is that by age 21 most of the maturing physically that a male body is going to do, is coming to a slow down, not totally stopped but slowed down enough IMO.
Now I am going to address some of the ball busting that you seemed have gotten. One we have as a group answer the same damn questions over and over again. Hitting the search function first give you the power NOT to look like a total dumbass. After you hit the search function, then you can ask questions. Now if you are under 21 you really need to ask yourself, why the hell am I doing this and be honest with you answer to yourself. The longer you wait the better the result you will have IMO. So that would lead to more reading and more research. GOOD THINGS COME TO HE WHO WAITS...
As for the blanket we put on the underage bunch. I know that not all of you are immature but from what I have seen the majority is. And yes there are guys that don't need to do PH's or AAS even at age 40, just because they don't have the brain power or maturity to do it correctly. But I meet less immature 40 year olds than I do 18-20 year olds. Sorry guys that is the way things are. I and I hope that you will feel the same way when you get to be my age about watching out for the younger crowd. You guys are the up and coming generation and everything we do, making you research, telling you are not ready, we do with your best interest in mind.. at least that is what I am thinking as I do some of it.. and you can ask any of the mod team or others that know me, I HATE being a dick but I will if I have to be.
I hoped that made alittle sense and I will leave that with you guys because I am taking some time off to work on some stuff for my next degree..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
To a certain extent maturity is a factor in this "age requirement", but its more geared biologically. It is not as safe for a teen to be using prohormones as it is for someone who's BODY has matured. To answer your question, the minute you blow out your 21st birthday candles you arent blessed with the ability to use ph's/AAS. The age of 21 is a blanket statement because by that age most people are ready to use hormones due to biological stability.
:goodpost:

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Okay I will bite on this one..
One of the reasons that 21 is picked is that is considered "legal age" in I think every state in the union. This keeps some kids parents from going ape **** all over everyone on the board, and yes it has happened. I can't remember the board but a kid's dad got on there and just had a blast. Another is that by age 21 most of the maturing physically that a male body is going to do, is coming to a slow down, not totally stopped but slowed down enough IMO.
Now I am going to address some of the ball busting that you seemed have gotten. One we have as a group answer the same damn questions over and over again. Hitting the search function first give you the power NOT to look like a total dumbass. After you hit the search function, then you can ask questions. Now if you are under 21 you really need to ask yourself, why the hell am I doing this and be honest with you answer to yourself. The longer you wait the better the result you will have IMO. So that would lead to more reading and more research. GOOD THINGS COME TO HE WHO WAITS...
As for the blanket we put on the underage bunch. I know that not all of you are immature but from what I have seen the majority is. And yes there are guys that don't need to do PH's or AAS even at age 40, just because they don't have the brain power or maturity to do it correctly. But I meet less immature 40 year olds than I do 18-20 year olds. Sorry guys that is the way things are. I and I hope that you will feel the same way when you get to be my age about watching out for the younger crowd. You guys are the up and coming generation and everything we do, making you research, telling you are not ready, we do with your best interest in mind.. at least that is what I am thinking as I do some of it.. and you can ask any of the mod team or others that know me, I HATE being a dick but I will if I have to be.
I hoped that made alittle sense and I will leave that with you guys because I am taking some time off to work on some stuff for my next degree..
Hmmm...research, makes sense to me Matt.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
But why must this age be such a factor?

Well let me ask you, what is this magical number?

Such a typical, lazy answer that I would not expect from people used to busting their ass in the gym. Take 5 seconds and answer our question, post a link to another thread, but dont bust our balls about it.
The point is your test levels are high enough before 20-21 years old. And if you haven't been training for 3-4 years - you can still make 'steroidesque' gains if you fix your diet. Most teens look to anabolics before their diet - and that's just the point.

learn to train, learn to eat. Then take it from there.

Pay your dues. Seriously.

As for the second part, the reason people are 'lazy' and won't answer a question is because the question is 'lazy' - and it would be discouraging searching.

Not a flame, just hope you see the other side.

size

Awards
  • Established
I wrote this some time ago at bb.com when someone was asking questions about AAS and natural potential. While is does not specifically address your questions, I think it is a real issue that faces younger users.

Stressing natural potential does serve multiple purposes. One is it a good deterrent for younger bodybuilders from using AAS. The body is continually growing and changing especially in the teen years. I, like many, feel that it is best not to introduce exogenous hormones to the body while it is making these changes. In my opinion, it is wise to allow the body to reach a stage of "homeostasis" before switching to chemical aids. The body tends not to even reach this level of hormonal balance until 21-25. Consequently premature usage is just unwise. However, I truly do not see a huge problem with a fully developed hormally and physically body using AAS before reaching full natural potential b/c as I stated who really knows that point.
I also believe that striving for full natural potential is important again as a deterrent from guys who simply want a quick fix. Leaping from 160lbs to 230lbs. may make an individual pleased for a period but when that weight begins to fall off b/c the individual never had a full understanding/grasp on training, nutrition, etc and the idea of what his natural potential may have been, then what is the next step? Probably a perpetual situation of weight gain from AAS use and weight loss afterwards. Not a pleasant thought.
Most importantly (again for me) is striving to achieve the idea full natural potential before using AAS as to avoid a fall in the future. I believe that many may use AAS as a crutch once they have experienced the changes that AAS can bring forth. This crutch is the idea that they need AAS to make gains. If the individual would have waited, one could have seen the changes that can come w/o AAS but rather thru proper training, nutrition, etc.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
I am not saying that people should not use the search function. Perhaps I wasn't clear. People DO need to use the search function before posting any question or making any new thread. However, if that yields no results, then a question may be posted, in my opinion. No, people do not really need to make new threads on M1T, because there is already a multitude out there. By the way, Matthew, I did not find your post to be "dickish" or rude. In fact I thought it was a very good response to mine. I will agree that some certain age must be set for things like this, hence the reason for the alcohol and tobacoo age limits. Also, I was not referring to ball busting in reply to redundant posts, but ball busting in reply to posts such as mine in the thread "Superdrol and Methyl-D." Why did that happen? Some of us actually have some knowledge worth contributing.

I will, however, agree with you that most younger people tend to be immature. But what I was trying to put across was the fact that some of us are not, and should be treated as rational adults rather than insolent children.

Wedgyl, I'm afraid I have to wonder at why you believe the age limit 21 is biologically geared. I know that it is a big factor, but I believe that a lot of it also has to do with maturity. And by the way, you've already been blackballed, as you put it, just because you ARE 19. People will treat you differently than someone who is say, 27.

I did not mean for the search function to be the main focus of my post. My main point was that not ALL 18-20 year olds are idiots, and we shouldnt all be treated as such. All I'm asking for is a little respect for those like Wedgyl, myself, and others. Some of us actually can handle a little responsibility.

not_thebrakes

fact: for the majority of males, hormones are not fully balanced until 21-22 years old. THAT'S the reason. look it up.

do guys under that age still use PH/AS? sure as **** they do. do some do them responsibly? yes indeedy.

using hormonal substances is a risky business. most everything we do is try to abate the possible negative impact that their use has on our bodies. introducing these substances into a system that isnt even stable is like asking your girlfriend for a threesome with her best friend - everything might work out great, or she might dump your ass and key your car....point is, you just dont know what's gonna happen. we can predict alot for ourselves on stable systems like those of a mid-20's+ male. those prediction models sorta fall apart when you introduce massive fluctuation into the system. worst case scenario that is less likely for an older guy? bitch tits. permanent libido loss. can the risk be reduced? of course.

did i do PH when i was 18-19? yep. would i do it again if i could? hell no. i'd just eat better.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Soccerguy,
Many people just hormonally are not ready at the age of 19 to use ph's, thats a fact. Putting the age to 21 doesnt mean that there arent 19 and 20 year olds who COULD use them. It means that there are enough that SHOULDNT be using them that there needs to be some sort of line drawn. Like was said before most people our age view diet as something fanatics worry about, nothing that would really effect our quest for size. Go to every table in a college cafeteria and I will bet not even 1% of the plates there would be considered healthy or suitable for our lifestyle.

I obviously agree people our age shouldnt be treated like idiots, and we deserve respect. But if you're trying to get the respect of members of this board I think you shouldnt have posted this.

There are a select few of us who are ready, and if you think you are noone is going to talk you out of it. Questions are important, but like i said it is the primary rule of this site that if you're 21 and under you dont belong. I dont think you need to drawn any unneccesary attention to the members younger than that who DO post here.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
I never said that one should take PH/PS before the age of 21, or whenever they reach "homeostasis." not the brakes, size, and deoudes, I agree with you in that pretty much every teenager could make tremendous gains just by changing his diet. I am not disputing the fact that we dont need prohormones or steroids. If I thought we did, I would be taking them, not training and dieting as hard and as responsibly as I can with only creatine, protein, glutamine, and my multi-vit.

I agree with you guys in that we should wait until we are older. I never said that I didnt. However, I think that we should still be able to have our questions, that we have carefully researched and come up with no answer for, answered fairly and honestly. My whole rant was not about using PH/PS before 21, it was about asking questions and making posts before age 21. Do I want to take Prohormones? Yeah, I do, but not until I reach my natural potential. That may be in a year, or it may be when im 23-24. Once I feel I've reached it, then I will resort to PH/PS.

by the way..thank you for inputting on this. Its always good to hear advice from those that are more experienced and knowledgeable.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
Wedgyl, you make a good point, a damn good point, about our college cafeterias. I try to tell my friends to not eat fries and burgers, but they wont listen. I agree with you on everything, except I believe that this issue, at least in my opinion, should be brought to light. I think that a lot of people out there have the misconception that we are all idiots. And youre right, I could have gotten my respect a different way, without making waves. Will I be viewed now as an insolent little brat who is questioning his betters and just generally causing trouble? Most likely. But it should not reflect badly on you. Will some people just view this as an attempt for attention? Probably. I might not have needed to bring any unwanted attention to our age group, because youre right, these posts will probably foster a degree of resentment, but I just got fed up with people not even talking to me without saying youre too young to ask questions! They automatically assume I am taking the product, not gathering information and doing research like I really am. Ah well, I guess age does not indicate maturity. Anyway, you make good points Wedgyl. Perhaps you are right about not drawing any unwanted attention.

youi09

Board Supporter
Awards
Its funny because if you look at the world, most strength gains and muscle gains are needed by teenagers or young adults who need to reach a higher level in their sport, I'm pretty sure ph use is greater in this country among guys 18-24 than any other age range or adults for that matter. That is probably mostly the industrys' fault.

Meerschaum

Awards
Alright. This will be an epic post that I will no doubt get flamed for, but hopefully I can salvage
the integrity of my fellow under-21ers. Please, feel free to rant at me. Its nothing I have not heard before.

I have been researching prohormones, prosteroids, and AAS for about 6 months. During this time, I have felt a certain..disdain for anyone under 21. Now, I do know that many people under that age are immature and most definitely not ready to handle something as serious as prohormone discussion. I also know that most men do not fully mature until age 21, or even later! But why must this age be such a factor? I have been flamed for asking simple questions, not necessarily on this board, such as "when doing a search on S1+, what should I type in since there are only three letters?" I was doing my own research and asking a simple question, but was immediately bombarded with responses about "You are too young to be here, too young to ask questions!"

Well I ask you, with the impending ban and me wanting to use PH/PS in the future, how might I decide what to stock up on? Just to let you know, I have not bought one bottle of M1T. I am intelligent, and I will not sacrifice my well being, even for 2 weeks, for the gain of 10-15lbs. Certainly many people do, and that is their choice, but I am not some irresponsible teenager that does not do his homework! I did not rush off and buy the most potent PS legally sold (until the 19th) as do most of my peers, yet I am flamed just as they are for wanting knowledge. Because I'm too young.

Well let me ask you, what is this magical number? Why 21? Most people are not even financially independent until they are 26. Is it because of the nature of our biology, or is it because of our lack of responsibility? I assure you, I may not be done growing, but I sure as hell am smart enough to know this. I think that before someone goes off and flames some poor unsuspecting 19 year that he or she understand the context of the question.

My asking whether or not to stack SuperDrol with MD stems from information from one comment that it would put on weight. Is it good to stack methyls? No, but with those two, I doubt I would have near the liver toxicity of M1T. I know this. So I ask what the person might think the effects would be, and I in turn receive an uncalled-for flaming. How are we to receive information if we are not even allowed to post questions that we have! "Use the search function." Such a typical, lazy answer that I would not expect from people used to busting their ass in the gym. Take 5 seconds and answer our question, post a link to another thread, but dont bust our balls about it.

Not every 19 year old is as naive as some of the ones I have seen on various boards. Over the past months, I have seen everything from people wanting to use M1T as PCT to people wondering if creatine was a steroid. That was interesting. However, in conclusion, I do not believe that every single person under 21 should be held to requirements that should only apply to those less knowledgeable and less responsible. I can certify that there are many people OVER 21 that have no business using PH/PS at all. However, in the future, I wish to, and I would need information on things that will not be available in a few short days. So please, have a little respect for those that are not as dumb as you might think.
Well its understandable, I havent done aas/etc myself, too young and I think pro-hormones are a sack of **** anyway (no offense to you guys who like them) my advice from my perspective is to flush the M1T, wait a few years, and see if you cant get real gear ;)

Meerschaum

Awards
I guess the 20lbs i gained were placebo
no, didnt say that either, I said sack of ****, meaning things like M1T for example compared up against Dbol/Drol, Dbol .v. M1T which offers a better side-effect to growth potential ratio? or 1-test .v. test enan? which is better?... compared individually, PH's where (give it a few days, it will be past tense) a sack ;) ... again IMO...some people love'd'em

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
no, didnt say that either, I said sack of ****, meaning things like M1T for example compared up against Dbol/Drol, Dbol .v. M1T which offers a better side-effect to growth potential ratio? or 1-test .v. test enan? which is better?... compared individually, PH's where (give it a few days, it will be past tense) a sack ;) ... again IMO...some people love'd'em
Sorry, I get you now

SoccerGuy07

Awards
but then again, you have to weigh the other benefits as well. Cost, method of delivery, legality (up until now) ease of obtaining, etc. Steroids, for some people, are hard to find, and when they do find them, they tend to be more expensive than a 10 dollar bottle of M1T. Also, most steroids, in my understanding, are pinned, where as most PHs are not. And most people do not like to break the law, hence PHs being the choice for them. It all depends on the person. Now however you might as well get steroids, them being more effective in terms of sides/gains (if used correctly) and just as illegal.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
Its funny because if you look at the world, most strength gains and muscle gains are needed by teenagers or young adults who need to reach a higher level in their sport, I'm pretty sure ph use is greater in this country among guys 18-24 than any other age range or adults for that matter. That is probably mostly the industrys' fault.
I wouldn't blame the industry.

So wedgy, you do use PHs?

Meerschaum

Awards
but then again, you have to weigh the other benefits as well. Cost, method of delivery, legality (up until now) ease of obtaining, etc. Steroids, for some people, are hard to find, and when they do find them, they tend to be more expensive than a 10 dollar bottle of M1T. Also, most steroids, in my understanding, are pinned, where as most PHs are not. And most people do not like to break the law, hence PHs being the choice for them. It all depends on the person. Now however you might as well get steroids, them being more effective in terms of sides/gains (if used correctly) and just as illegal.
yes, but of course alot of people pin ph's, ph orals are just as dangerous, side effects are largely the same, and in a few days they will be just as criminal, when you consider all that and then look at the fact that there are actually less side effect ridden, more anabolic, and even cheaper things out there (law aside), it makes ph's look less than ideal.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Maybe its just me, maybe it isnt, but argueing the fact is useless.
Do you really think that argueing that the drinking age (or even smoking age) should be lowered would result in a successful debate? I highly doubt it.
Why?
Because it has been set in stone that maturity is reached around a certain age in "most" humans. By 18 years old a childs maturity level should be high enough to realize that smoking has extremly dangerous consequences (Cancer, Heart problems, Lung problems, etc. All being problems that are somewhat slowly developed ). By 21 a child has had ample time learn that drinking can have even worse results (instantainous death cause by an alcohol related accident). In both cases the laws have been put in place to protect not only the user of the products but those around them as well.

Do the laws keep actually keep everyone from using them?
No way!
Do they extremly limit them?
Yes!

For the older of us
Remember when it use to be cool to smoke in school even though you were only 14 or 15. Or to drink while under age.
Now look back and remember how many of those cool smoking friends of yours are still addicted to nicotine (in whatever form) and spending a fortune trying to quite. Or remember when you would drink underage and not just drink but get sloppy drunk.
It takes a mature individual to realise that we were stupid ass kids doing stupid ass things. But could you imagine if smoking and drinking ages werent established how bad our society would be. Garbage

The saying "If I only knew then what I knew now" is said for a reason and the underage people will learn it someday. All we can do is hope they dont **** up to bad.

You so-called mature youngsters need to realise that the older crowd is not going to condon the use of a potentially harmful product to one individual who thinks he "knows it all" since every kid even the really dumbs think they "know it all" too.
Just educate yourself through research and suck it up. Youll be 21 someday and then you can do whatever you want to your body.

db682

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I wouldn't blame the industry.

So wedgy, you do use PHs?
Yes I am finishing my first 1-T/4AD cycle. I'm just saying that this post was not a great idea, and that it would be irrespnsible for the forum to condone its usage for anyone under 21.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
You so-called mature youngsters need to realise that the older crowd is not going to condon the use of a potentially harmful product to one individual who thinks he "knows it all" since every kid even the really dumbs think they "know it all" too.
Just educate yourself through research and suck it up. Youll be 21 someday and then you can do whatever you want to your body.
I agree with you on many points, but I'm going to go ahead and point out that I am NOT using PHs because I HAVE weighed the consequences, and I DONT think I know it all and never said I did. I believe that people under 21 should not use PH, and that is why I am not using them - there are good reasons for this, I've done the research, and I know that. I was not questioning those under 21 using PH, but merely being flamed for gathering research about them. We're not allowed to ask how they work and whatnot, just because of an age? I think youve missed my point in some respects. And I don't appreciate your derogatory tone, especially when not one of us in this thread has said that we "know it all."

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think its unconscionable for anyone to advice a minor on ph use and even more so because its going to be illegal.

And I'm not even sure what the concensus is on stacking methyls is anymore. I thought BDC's post was pretty clear but so many are seeing it fit to dispense advice left and right on the efficacy of stacking methyls for better gains.

greenside

Awards
i always thought it was because the average male is finished growing at 21 and steroids close your growth plates

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm 19, almost 20 and can certainly understand why there is a stigma for underage people to be asking prohormone questions. For every one person that needed help stocking up or just interested in this stuff in general, there's twenty 16-17 year olds wanting advice so they can take it right then and there. Most teenagers think they are invincible. I know because I was a teenager. They'll consume M1T until their eyes turn yellow, wondering what the hell happened. People gave them advice to protect themselves but well, they didn't think they needed Milk Thistle because they heard it inhibited gains. Or the person who is a 5'5" 14 year old that is a football player that wants the edge. So he gains muscle but his growth plates fused and he had the potential to reach 6 feet. These are all stories I've read online about teenagers who made the leap to PHs way too early and now were permanently screwed from it.

I'd say anyone who is under 18 shouldn't even bother asking PH questions, not 21. The reason is by the time they will be ready, PHs they may have stocked up on will probably start to lose their potency.

I've lifted for six years now (many years religiously) and I still think I need maybe one or two more years before I'm ready to take the jump into hormonal assistance. You can maybe raise your bench max by 50 lbs in a cycle but who said you couldn't get that naturally? I'm more of a man who appreciates gaining 1-2 lbs a week (or losing 1-2 lbs a week on a cut) than gain or lose 5 lbs a week. Its just more satisfying to me.

I think teenagers often get chewed out but these people are the ones that are causing all these substances to get banned. I'm not sure who said this exactly but even now, most AAS users are teenagers who'd rather see an inch on their arms than their HPTA (hell, most probably don't know what HPTA is) or Liver functions. Thats my thoughts.

Edit: I'm aware of the age rules. I posted here because it was relevant to people who are under that age.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
If you are under 21, declare this at registration, post on Anabolics in violation of the board policy and risk banning because either you either did'nt pay attention to details or are thumbing your nose at policy, maybe you are not shrewd enough yet to be tweaking your hormones?

Some people almost make it, then deliberately choose to stumble at the finish line, eh, Manguy?

db682

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for verifing my statement. If you found my post as "derogatory" your level of maturity is far from adult. You need to stop being so closed-minded and taking everything in as a negative. Nobody on this board is against you. We are here to help. You need to realise that what we are doing is helping you even if it seems wrong. Kinda like slapping a babies hand after he reaches for a hot stove. You can learn through one of two ways, getting burned as a baby or getting warned and learning of the danger of the hot stove as you get older.

Look bro, if someone starts posting about the dangers of doing **** underage then just read it and take what you can from it and move on. If on the otherhand someone starts flaming you for asking a question then all you can do is ignore them and maybe a mod will see your side of the battle and warn the other guy. This is the internet and people say what they want. Theres not much that can be done for that.
"The better man doesnt always win the fight"

db682

I agree with you on many points, but I'm going to go ahead and point out that I am NOT using PHs because I HAVE weighed the consequences, and I DONT think I know it all and never said I did. I believe that people under 21 should not use PH, and that is why I am not using them - there are good reasons for this, I've done the research, and I know that. I was not questioning those under 21 using PH, but merely being flamed for gathering research about them. We're not allowed to ask how they work and whatnot, just because of an age? I think youve missed my point in some respects. And I don't appreciate your derogatory tone, especially when not one of us in this thread has said that we "know it all."

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Great Post DB, and it's amazing to have you back as well. Where have ya been bro?

Anyways, I'd like to go a bit further one what was touched on here about "fluctuating hormone levels." I've been toying with the idea that most of the really bad side effects come from the changing of the hormone levels, rather than the "steady-state" situation during a cycle. I have no real proof to this, but just noting what I'm feeling and when during a few different cycles have lead me to believe this. I also have tried to design most of my cycles to have a more "constant" load of hormones, instead of changing levels, even if this required more frequent injections. So you take this "fluctuation" of hrmones and add it to an already highly unstable environment that has NOT reached any kind of steady state equilibrium (the young body's hormonal system), and you are just asking for problems, how can you ever return to "normal" if you've yet to even establish what this is?

ManBeast

Newb017

Banned
Awards
while i can understand all of the points made so far, only 1 person touched on it on the first page

I personally think the only somewhat valid (though most see it as completely invalid still) excuse to use ph is to better yourself in a sport, and no not in high school, shoot if I wasn't playing college football this ph ban wouldnt have bothered me a bit, it's easy to tell a younger kid to wait, they'll eventually get big, but unfortunately I, and the other athletes don't have time for eventually, i'll be turning 19 in June, and the following spring/summer is when I'm planning on "experimenting", maybe even the year after that, we'll more or less see how it goes

for any teen trying to use ph just to get big, I can't understand it, maybe it's because I don't understand the fascination of getting big period, I'm really just in this lifestyle for strength, but there's absolutely no excuse for a teen to be taking them for size alone, I do however feel as though aspiring college athletes (of course it's coming from a biased point of view) will easily feel the pressure to add weight and push heavier and heavier weight, if any college athlete waits until they're 21, they have 1, maybe 2 seasons left, maybe if they had taken them when they were 19 or 20 the coaches could have looked at them more, i especially feel this pressure as I'm probably transferring from a DII school to D1-AA where I hope to walk on, burning 5000+ calories on lifting days makes putting on weight incredibly hard, i think it's only natural to be intrigued by anything that can help

well anyway that's what I have to say, take it for what it's worth, but unless you've been in a college athletics (specifically football, or some other sport where strength/size is such a huge part of the game), i think it would be very difficult to judge somebody based on they're decision to use ph

LoN

Awards
But could you imagine if smoking and drinking ages werent established how bad our society would be. Garbage.
have you never been outside of the states? not trying to be a dick, its just that that statement is completely in defiance of reality.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
have you never been outside of the states? not trying to be a dick, its just that that statement is completely in defiance of reality.
I completely agree. It would only be an immediate problem. I'm all for stopping "patch" fixes and fixing the source. The source is the US and ... I don't know how to word it... In Europe drinking is apart of everyday life, but in my visits I never once saw a drunk. They don't understand why there would be a drinking age because it just isn't a problem.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Having just graduated from college, at 24. I'll throw in my 2 cents. I found this board about a year ago, didn't really know much about steroids and nothing about PH's other than McGwire took andro. I'm really glad about that. I really got back into lifting about 2 and a half years ago, at 22. I was at about 145 lbs at the time and coming off a shoulder injury (impingement). I really got serious about diet, didn't do much of that in high school/frosh year of college when I was lifting hard. The gains I made were amazing. I got up to about 165-170 before I graduated.

My point in this ramble, is that I did it w/o PH's. Now, if I use them, they'll be more effective relative to weight gain from here. I'll be much easier for me to hit, say, 200 lbs than if I'd used them at 145 lbs. And I have a much better idea of what my body responds to as far as food and lifting. So, take your diet seriously. Record what you eat, record it in a food database (www.fitday.com) and constantly readjust as you see (or don't) changes. Get hookd up w/ a good WO routine from here. And wait on the anabolics.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
good advice, yes for the most part, but refer to my post for a scenario where you just can't wait, or at least feel like you can't wait

TheManGuy

Awards
  • Established
If you are under 21, declare this at registration, post on Anabolics in violation of the board policy and risk banning because either you either did'nt pay attention to details or are thumbing your nose at policy, maybe you are not shrewd enough yet to be tweaking your hormones?

Some people almost make it, then deliberately choose to stumble at the finish line, eh, Manguy?
I was serious, it was my 21'st birthday yesterday. Besides, now I'm of age. A day before the ban. :rofl:

Sure I started using ph's at age 20, but I am extremely phisically mature and stopped growing years ago, besides I'm 6'3 and that's as tall as I wanted to be.

I agree with the fact that there should be guildlines, to be used as such. We all have free wills and should be able to apply out own judgment to the situation and make out own choices.

If you use any hormonal substance and your under 18, then your a moron, period.

But doing is m4ohn cycle age 19 or 20 is not 'wrong', just because the rules sosiety put in place tells you so. God gave us a free will, so use it.

But use it wisely. You are the one who has to live with the consequinces anyway.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I personally think the only somewhat valid (though most see it as completely invalid still) excuse to use ph is to better yourself in a sport, and no not in high school, shoot if I wasn't playing college football this ph ban wouldnt have bothered me a bit, it's easy to tell a younger kid to wait, they'll eventually get big, but unfortunately I, and the other athletes don't have time for eventually, i'll be turning 19 in June, and the following spring/summer is when I'm planning on "experimenting", maybe even the year after that, we'll more or less see how it goes

for any teen trying to use ph just to get big, I can't understand it, maybe it's because I don't understand the fascination of getting big period, I'm really just in this lifestyle for strength, but there's absolutely no excuse for a teen to be taking them for size alone, I do however feel as though aspiring college athletes (of course it's coming from a biased point of view) will easily feel the pressure to add weight and push heavier and heavier weight, if any college athlete waits until they're 21, they have 1, maybe 2 seasons left, maybe if they had taken them when they were 19 or 20 the coaches could have looked at them more, i especially feel this pressure as I'm probably transferring from a DII school to D1-AA where I hope to walk on, burning 5000+ calories on lifting days makes putting on weight incredibly hard, i think it's only natural to be intrigued by anything that can help
Newb - to answer this earlier post, I just don't see a reason where someone would ever "need" to use PH's/gear. Maybe if someone put a gun to your head?

I really don't agree w/ the premise of taking PH's at age 19 soley for athletics. If you need them to get playing time, or to play better, then you don't need them. There will always be another guy that is genetically bigger, faster, and better than you. At that age, I just don't believe it's worth it.

Congrats on being a college football player. Seriously. I was never big enough in high school, but wished I had played. But, I never would have taken, say, 1-test/4-ad to add the weight I added naturally just for h.s. football. I believe that if you are going to walk on to a D-IAA school and need PH's just to make the team, it's not worth it. Think about your future. At that level, the chances of the NFL are very slim. CFL or World League maybe a small chance. I just don't think it's worth playing games w/ your endocrine system solely to perhaps improve athletic performance. But, to each his own.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
I do see your side of things, but it's just frustrating is all, I have a lot of confidence in making the team, it's just that i've always faught my genetics, i was 6'3" 175 lbs for cryin out loud, gettin to just under 215 has taken 2 years, and gettin 20, 25 more lbs is going to be real tough, i mean i hope I don't have to turn to them, but it just seems like if I take the right precautions and do it how it's supposed to be done the risk of sides is very small, i'm a mess right now is all

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to take a step back, and take a couple of really big breaths and re-evaluate the situation. Ask yourself if it is worth it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I fully agree w/ ryan.

Think logically. Think big picture. The sides you are talking about is immediate, we are speaking of longer term. For 99.99999% of us, athletics isn't our future.

SoccerGuy07

Awards
Hey man, I play college soccer. I play defense. The rest of the guys on the back line with me are all over 6'2 200lbs, and here I am 6' 160, and I'm not gonna use PHs. Do I get a large amount of playing time? No..I don't. But ya know what? I'm out there to have fun, because I love the game, not because I think I'm going to go pro. I'm in college for school, and thats first priority. I dont know the long term effects of PHs on a 19 yr old, and frankly, I dont plan to find out. I will admit that I do have a nice stash of PHs, about a year's worth, but I doubt I will be taking them until I am 22-23, if even then! I am not going to take PHs just to gain a few more lbs. when I can do it on my own. I don't mean to be rude, but maybe if you think you need PHs to play D1-AA ball youre just not good enough. There are plenty of guys smaller than you that play D1. No offense bro, but its not worth it.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
well i can see all of your points, i'll just have to make the decision on my own sometime, unfortunately i'm not dismissing them at all, i have 3 cycles worth that i've planned out, i guess we'll see, i'll try my best to hold off until I'm 20, maybe once I get to the new school and realize I can make it without them I'll be much more confident in not using them, I think it's just not knowing what to expect that's eating at me so much

r6samson

Awards
I doubt everyone waits until that magical age of 21 to start drinking am I right. No ****, use common sense.

BINGO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.