Why did you decide to hand in your natty card?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Why did you decide to hand in your natty card?


    Just curious about your guys reasoning/story behind going enhanced? Was it for a competition? Your friends did it? Felt like it?
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin


  2. Playing college football... much funner when you are bigger faster stronger than most you play against...incidentally steroid use also led to a blown out knee, since my tendons couldn't keep up w the muscle growth, so that sucked
    You are born small and weak, you die small and weak...How you look in-between is entirely up to you...
    •   
       


  3. Trained naturally for 5 years. Was sick of ****ty supplements when my friends were bowing up.

    Now when I'm on. It's feels awesome. I feel better eat better **** better so now there is no stopping

  4. I hated my physique. Figure they'd make it better. Still hate my physique.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  5. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    I hated my physique. Figure they'd make it better. Still hate my physique.
    This made me chuckle.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    This made me chuckle.
    poor guy. I had to chuckle too. Sorry bud

  7. lmao it reminded me of one of the broscience vids, dom was like "the day you started working out is the day you became forever small, cuz you will never be as big as you wana be"
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

  8. Haven't got on steroids yet (haven't found a source I could trust), but my reasoning for wanting to is basically this:

    I'm 25. I have about 5 years of youth until I'm expected to "settle down." I can spend 3+ years working out and achieve my natty max then, or I can do it in a year with AAS.

    It's not like I am "natural" with a lot of things. I am completely in favor of, say, using caffeine or adderall to help studying, so it seems weird to be okay with this and not AAS.

    But the biggest thing that made me disown any confidence I had in the "natty" label was when DMAA was banned from competitions and therefore people who took it could not be considered natural. The things that one considers "natural" seem arbitrary.

    Anyway, yeah, those are my reasons as someone who is natural-but-not-for-long.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jmiyamoto View Post
    I'm 25. I have about 5 years of youth until I'm expected to "settle down." I can spend 3+ years working out and achieve my natty max then, or I can do it in a year with AAS.
    I'm in the same boat brother. And outside of skewed competition rules and such, I'm sure most of us consider being natural as not altering your hormones.

    I'm not sure I truly buy into "genetic potential" even though I'm aware you can't attain a certain look without help. I'm nervous of the dependency I could form. I don't want to be "on" for life, but I also don't want to deal with the mental mind**** of pct.
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

  10. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    Just curious about your guys reasoning/story behind going enhanced? Was it for a competition? Your friends did it? Felt like it?
    because I was too impatient to take the time to do it. my first cycle was just a testing for the stuff, when I saw the potential, I went all in and BOOM!. don't regret it, but do wish I had waited longer.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    I'm in the same boat brother. And outside of skewed competition rules and such, I'm sure most of us consider being natural as not altering your hormones.

    I'm not sure I truly buy into "genetic potential" even though I'm aware you can't attain a certain look without help. I'm nervous of the dependency I could form. I don't want to be "on" for life, but I also don't want to deal with the mental mind**** of pct.
    it is addicting mentally. cause when you are "on cycle" you feel like king kong (even though you know you aint the only one on) and that same feeling is damn near impossible to achieve naturally.

    if you can get lucky an find the right combo of prob about 4-6 different supps, you could achieve it, but it still wont be constant like when you are on.

    but it's tough to not want it all the time.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    I hated my physique. Figure they'd make it better. Still hate my physique.
    i think i fit in this category too

  13. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

    because I was too impatient to take the time to do it. my first cycle was just a testing for the stuff, when I saw the potential, I went all in and BOOM!. don't regret it, but do wish I had waited longer.
    Pretty much sums it up for me

  14. I'm "natural" in that, my body makes testosterone, and then I add some extra. Doesn't fix any problems with my diet or training though. Anyways, I have no hate, but bragging "natty" is the same in bodybuilding as it is in childbearing. It makes no sense to me to brag your "natty" when there's an epidural and drugs 40 feet from you, just for the sake of bragging.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I'm "natural" in that, my body makes testosterone, and then I add some extra. Doesn't fix any problems with my diet or training though. Anyways, I have no hate, but bragging "natty" is the same in bodybuilding as it is in childbearing. It makes no sense to me to brag your "natty" when there's an epidural and drugs 40 feet from you, just for the sake of bragging.
    my fault man, really not trying to brag or anything, got nothing to brag about. just curious how people came to the conclusion it was time.
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

  16. Generalized statement, bro. No disrespect to anyone that stays natural. I've just never had that 'pride' of all natural. I saw a way to make faster progress and had no second thoughts about it.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by tjbruno View Post
    Just curious about your guys reasoning/story behind going enhanced? Was it for a competition? Your friends did it? Felt like it?
    I plan to compete someday.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  18. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    I plan to compete someday.
    I don't

  19. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    I plan to compete someday.
    My only competition is myself. But I definitely agree that there is no replacement for eating well and resting.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

    My only competition is myself. But I definitely agree that there is no replacement for eating well and resting.
    I will say some people call creatine un natural. So I've been unnatural for a while

    I say as long as you're not an ass hole and/or mentally ill its your choice. Lets face it. Bad press around steroids involes sports and mentally ill people. Anger issues are not a mental illness nor can they make you put your hands on someone. Thats your choice too. This is me saying this as someone with anger issues.


    Your body your rules. Afterall we bodybuilders choose to train. Nobody put a gun to our head.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  21. Super skinny all my life so I started to lift after a rough breakup. Got great results but slooooowly came to realize genetics rule ALL... so it begins.

    I'll never be considered "big" unless you knew me before, there's not enough steroids on planet earth. If you have skinny wrists and ankles, you get it. Most people say it doesn't matter and anyone can get big. Total bs and straight up toxic to tell some people that. Yes, I got big.... for a genetic beanpole.

    So now I just want to be "big-ger"...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

    So now I just want to be "big-ger"...
    I'm big, but Imma be swole... walk sideways through doors.... -Pain and Gain.
    I think you will enjoy your skinny wrists and ankles once you've got beefslabs for forearms and calves.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

    I'm big, but Imma be swole... walk sideways through doors.... -Pain and Gain.
    I think you will enjoy your skinny wrists and ankles once you've got beefslabs for forearms and calves.
    Ha no doubt.

    The flip side to my genetics is that when it comes time to cut I shed it like snakeskin if I'm strict. Vein city

  24. i love drugs and i love working out. it just made sense.

    i'm glad i did. since i started juicing, i stopped drinking (like i used to).
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

  25. I'm in total agreement w Slappy here. I only cycle 20% of the year and dream/read/think about cycling the other 80%. Better than boozing and pilling like I used to, especially done responsibly.

  26. That's a great point... Hard to notice that I don't even drink anymore or do any other drugs really, even still playing in a band.

  27. I realized that being "natural" was somewhat arbitrary, and that my wants and desires were beyond reach naturally. I've spend years and thousands on supplements, I could cut cost and time in half with the sauce, and get better results. Still haven't touched any PH/AAS yet, but this bulk I'll be doing a PH run. I'm an ecto, I've ate and lifted my way up 40lbs since I started. I put my time in, now its time to get "real".
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.

  28. Another point, is that (as far as I know) AI/hormone modulators like aromisin and erase pro are "natural". I use those. When they become "banned" do I then become a "dirty" lifter? It all seems silly.

    I want to be bigger, stronger and more aesthetic, the juice is just another tool in our arsenal (like dieting or compound exercises IMO)
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.

  29. how does this play in TRT as I age more and my T levels don't decrease?

  30. Shortly after I started competing in the APF I realized I didn't stand a chance.....hello TRT...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 414
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
  2. How did you respond to Fadogia ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 01:01 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:47 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Log in
Log in