Why did you decide to hand in your natty card?

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Not playing devil's advocate, I've had my share of genetics-based frustrations but I truly believe your limitations are where you perceive them to be. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to give it everything I have with the mindset that I COULD look like some of my role models. Shooting way too high and believing in yourself will produce impressive results, even if you come up short. Will I need gear to accomplish this at 35? Absolutely.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Not playing devil's advocate, I've had my share of genetics-based frustrations but I truly believe your limitations are where you perceive them to be. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm going to give it everything I have with the mindset that I COULD look like some of my role models. Shooting way too high and believing in yourself will produce impressive results, even if you come up short. Will I need gear to accomplish this at 35? Absolutely.
    That's what I've been thinking.

I'm not gonna sit here and say lifting weights and eating will make your bones bigger (although density is another story).

BUT, all I keep hearing are excuses about why you're not where you want to be (in reference to 6 1/2). It's hard to accomplish something when you're absolutely convinced you can't do it.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

I agree, not everyone is going to gain 165lbs in thirteen years, but I've gained 80 in the nine or so years I've been lifting, and you can go on down the line and find tons of people who have done the same.
    It happens all the time...with varying degrees of size gains....but most are in the middle of the pack...whereas that guy was a .001 percenter with a 100% change in physique
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.29%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It's hard to accomplish something when you're absolutely convinced you can't do it.
    That's pretty much what it comes down to. Well put. Does it always matter? Maybe not always. I've know guys that don't have a clue about diet or training with far superior genetics than I and super-impressive physiques. But they aren't in it for the long haul, don't know how to cycle, burn out easily, and after 4 years of training, I look like they did 6 months in. Frustrating. But they burnt out and I exceeded my "limitations" by not believing that I have those limitations.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.02%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    That's what I've been thinking.

I'm not gonna sit here and say lifting weights and eating will make your bones bigger (although density is another story).

BUT, all I keep hearing are excuses about why you're not where you want to be (in reference to 6 1/2). It's hard to accomplish something when you're absolutely convinced you can't do it.
    Not where I want to be? Excuses? I think you misunderstood my statements, friend. Even you said you aren't likely going to be able to grow your bones so you obviously agree with me.

I'm actually a compulsively competitive person. I was saying it will always be harder for someone with stick genes to look like a human wrecking ball. No one is going to tell my what I can and can't achieve, though.

I'm very happy given my genetics. I've shut many friends up who didn't want me to get "my hopes" up. I went from 168lbs @ 15% to 204lbs @ 9% in 3.5 years. I think 204 @ 9% is respectable in that time considering I'm in a professional band, teach guitar classes, Bmx/mt bike, brew beer and work full time. I can only give lifting X amount of my time. I wish there was more hours in the day, trust me.

Will I ever look like Billy? F*ck no.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.29%

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

Will I ever look like Billy? F*ck no.
    I don't really understand why you couldn't with enough years of hard work and responsible cycling.
    I don't think believing you could and shooting really high is necessarily a bad thing though.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I don't really understand why you couldn't with enough years of hard work and responsible cycling.
    I don't think believing you could and shooting really high is necessarily a bad thing though.
    I don't think shooting really high is ever bad either. Its what I do with anything I commit to. I guess anytime anyone on here makes statements like that its important to make sure they understand that anything is possible in a matter of words. Without trying you'd never know.

But we are both tall (you're 6'5" right? I can't see on my phone) and have thin wrists. Mine are probably thinner than yours. We are 5-6 inches taller than him so we'd need to match his gains and then 50lbs more or so to obtain proportional results and double our wrist size (which I'm still not convinced just anyone can do). Possible? Yes but I mean come on... that's probably 200 lbs of respectable mass I'd need. I gained 35-40 in 3 years but with gear... who knows, right? There is no yes or no... only try. So I guess this was just a long way of agreeing, realistically haha
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.25%

I may have gone on them eventually without the reason I'm about to give but who knows. I've always been athletic but just couldn't gain much size. I decided to train hard and eat big all by the book, and I got some great gains. Just when I reached the body I had ALWAYS wanted and feeling super self-confident and happy I came down with a mysterious health syndrome that doctors to this day still haven't figured out, I basically lost everything AND SOME MORE. Now I am way better than I was but just not the person I was originally and there is no way I could undergo what I did before so my reason for going on is my ONLY WAY of getting that body back again.

I've decided its worth the risk.

Sucks though because I reached my goals natty once. I cant wait to see god.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I just juice cuz I'm bored.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.22%

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    I just juice cuz I'm bored.
    ^^^^That is an awesome reason lol
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 414
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
  2. How did you respond to Fadogia ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:54 PM