Why did you decide to hand in your natty card?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Height has a tremendous amount to do with how much people lift, also.

I wish there was a mathematical formula to determine a height + weight comparison when performing a lift. I only bench 260 or so but if I were 6" shorter at the same weight I know I could put up 80+ more. Every inch makes a huge difference.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pillsRgood View Post
    Playing college football... much funner when you are bigger faster stronger than most you play against...incidentally steroid use also led to a blown out knee, since my tendons couldn't keep up w the muscle growth, so that sucked

^^^ this. Put on a solid 15lbs of muscle summer of my senior year. Played at 225 and kept my speed and strength. Nothing like playing linebacker at 225 with increased testosterone and a screw loose upstairs.

Sigh..... I miss those days
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

I wish there was a mathematical formula to determine a height + weight comparison when performing a lift. I only bench 260 or so but if I were 6" shorter at the same weight I know I could put up 80+ more. Every inch makes a huge difference.
    Yeah but short guys do half the work because the stroke is only 8 inches long.. I know some guys who are short and a little xhunky and can benchpress 260 and they dont work out but they have short arms compared to a lot of us so there's no glory in it.. id rather push it and do 400 at 5'11"
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.86%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yeah, but if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd also be significantly more muscular.

More muscle = more weight moved.

So that doesn't really prove your point at all.

With what you said it's possible you could move the extra weight by (gasp) putting on more muscle.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Yeah, but if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd also be significantly more muscular.

With what you said it's possible you could move the extra weight by (gasp) putting on more muscle.
    Yep
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

I understand your logic and yes, more power will get you there. But, if you think about the physics of a lever you can't argue that an identical amount of force (i.e. same size muscle) used to move and object will be more efficient at a shorter length of the lever arm.

Hold a baseball bat at its base with a normal swinging grip. Then lift a tire up off the ground with it. Pretty hard to get leverage with a full length bat.

Now cut the bat in half (i.e. shorter arm segments) and lift the same tire up.

All I'm saying is that at the same exact muscular force, if you have shorter arms... you can lift more weight, period.

And that doesn't even dip into the whole increased ROM discussion
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.86%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I understand your logic and yes, more power will get you there. But, if you think about the physics of a lever you can't argue that an identical amount of force (i.e. same size muscle) used to move and object will be more efficient at a shorter length of the lever arm.

Hold a baseball bat at its base with a normal swinging grip. Then lift a tire up off the ground with it. Pretty hard to get leverage with a full length bat.

Now cut the bat in half (i.e. shorter arm segments) and lift the same tire up.

All I'm saying is that at the same exact muscular force, if you have shorter arms... you can lift more weight, period.
    I'm not even talking about whether it's easier to lift a weight when you're shorter or not.

I'm talking specifically about your comment that if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd lift more.

Which is obvious because you would have more muscle of you were 6 inches shorter and weighed the same, which would allow you to apply MORE force to the bar due to the sstronger muscular contraction.

Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

I'm not even talking about whether it's easier to lift a weight when you're shorter or not.

I'm talking specifically about your comment that if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd lift more.

Which is obvious because you would have more muscle of you were 6 inches shorter and weighed the same, which would allow you to apply MORE force to the bar due to the sstronger muscular contraction.
    Ok well then if I had the exact same amount of muscle then I'd still lift more weight. The decrease in ROM alone would accomplish that.

Thanks for letting me know that if I have bigger muscles i can lift more. You changed my life, Jim!

I'd technically have more muscle mass because of bone weight (I suppose) but seriously, dude... I meant if I had the same LBM as I do now, not weight. I figured it was inferred.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Ok well then if I had the exact same amount of muscle then I'd STILL lift more weight. The decrease in ROM alone would accomplish that.

Yes,
    My brother is 5'6" and 170-175 . He can bench press 300. Im 5" taller and hit 425 for 1RM. Im not bragging. Im making a point. Shourt guys may have less range of motion and a short untrained guy versus a tall untrained guy maybe the short guy wins. But maybe not. Its largely how you train and genetic advantage. Technically longer muscles have more room for contraction so if you train right you shoyld hit much bigger weights.. plus at 6'6" you shoulf be training as heavy as possible or you will miss all your potential.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post

My brother is 5'6" and 170-175 . He can bench press 300. Im 5" taller and hit 425 for 1RM. Im not bragging. Im making a point. Shourt guys may have less range of motion and a short untrained guy versus a tall untrained guy maybe the short guy wins. But maybe not. Its largely how you train and genetic advantage. Technically longer muscles have more room for contraction so if you train right you shoyld hit much bigger weights.. plus at 6'6" you shoulf be training as heavy as possible or you will miss all your potential.
    Totally agree man. I'm really tall but honestly a realist in saying I don't have the genetics for big unless I make it my life goal with plenty of gear. I'm happy comparing myself to myself though. I have to be or I'd kill myself haha
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Totally agree man. I'm really tall but honestly a realist in saying I don't have the genetics for big unless I make it my life goal with plenty of gear. I'm happy comparing myself to myself though. I have to be or I'd kill myself haha
    Maybe im lucky but I started lifting at 15 and 120 lbs. Im 200+ right now with maybe 2% more bodyfat but I dont think so. My metabolism eats me up. This is why I always say if people just figure out what it takes to grow they can do it. Because people thought I never would be strong or big at all. Im not big now but definitely bigger.. I think back to how much ive changed and I think anyone can do that.. and moat if it was natural. Until 25. I hit 183-185 before I ever touched an anabolic
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Maybe im lucky but I started lifting at 15 and 120 lbs. Im 200+ right now with maybe 2% more bodyfat but I dont think so. My metabolism eats me up. This is why I always say if people just figure out what it takes to grow they can do it. Because people thought I never would be strong or big at all. Im not big now but definitely bigger.. I think back to how much ive changed and I think anyone can do that.. and moat if it was natural. Until 25. I hit 183-185 before I ever touched an anabolic
    Yea I have not been lifting nearly that long. I started about 4 years ago @ 168lbs. I bulked to 220 and cut down to 190 @ 8%. Now I'm about 202 @ 10%. I too have gotten really good results (not bragging) but still only marginally better (or not even as good) as some people I know who totally half-ass diet and training. Most of my friends still have bigger arms that don't even lift, and I probably bench 30% more then all of them even at my height. Skinny wrists and ankles are pretty much there to stay unless genetics allow for growth, and thats a good determining factor for how big your arms and legs can get. I'm prepared to get flamed for that statement but unless you are 6'5"+ and skinny as sh*it... I cant say you have an great understanding.

I even had some friends that were total sticks in high school, super skinny wrists and ankles. But then they got big after that so people are like well if they can do it you can do it. This whole time they have fathers, brother and uncles that ALL got genetically bigger late in life (lifting or not). My Dad, brothers, uncles and so on are ALL super thin and frail into their older age. This is what I try to explain to people. No excuses on my end... hell, I'm super happy gaining what i did in 4 years but my arms size hasnt changed much and I'll never have 20" pythons... ever. My arms are HUGE compared to how they were and they are probably 15.5" Just because a skinny guy got big doesnt mean all skinny guys can just decide to get big. Just "bigger", like you said.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Right here. The next guy to break the bench press world record will be Kyrill Sarychev. He's 6'5" 23 years old, benches 700. They asked his coach about what makes his drug regimen so special. He said, "I don't know, I'm no doctor, I'm a coach. But the whole time we've been talking, Kyrill has been eating potatoes."
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Right here. The next guy to break the bench press world record will be Kyrill Sarychev. He's 6'5" 23 years old, benches 700. They asked his coach about what makes his drug regimen so special. He said, "I don't know, I'm no doctor, I'm a coach. But the whole time we've been talking, Kyrill has been eating potatoes."
    Food: the most anabolic substance on planet earth.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Its so easy to make bench press numbers go up. Any exercise for that matter.. its the CNS not just testosterone or drugs. I know a lot of natty guys that push 300 and above . My brother did 300 when he was 18. Another guy I worked out with upped his benchpress by 60 lbs in 2 months time all natural. It enabled him to grow even more due to the heavy training.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

BOOM! Thank you! You have a goal in mind? The answer lies in food, cutting, bulking, or performance. Drugs only expedite the process and aren't even necessary until we get beyond nature's bounds. That said, I'm ALL FOR expediting the process.

Its so easy to make bench press numbers go up. Any exercise for that matter.. its the CNS not just testosterone or drugs. I know a lot of natty guys that push 300 and above . My brother did 300 when he was 18. Another guy I worked out with upped his benchpress by 60 lbs in 2 months time all natural. It enabled him to grow even more due to the heavy training.
    Wanna put 20lbs on your bench in 6 weeks? Gain 10lbs. It's that easy. The tricky part comes with continuing to make your bench go up for years and years on end.
    Training log:
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Food gets you there but genetics set your limits. That's why its called a genetic ceiling. Yao Ming would never catch up to Shaq if they spent the next ten years seeing how much they can bench. He's just way too genetically skinny. But they are both very tall... one is genetically geared to be more anabolic.

Kryill is a genetic beast, born to move iron. Its a world record! You absolutely need genetics for those numbers, period. I put 100lbs on my bench in the first two years. Even my trainer friends were impressed but still said I'd never ever be the big guy. Only 540lbs more to go to match Kryill... Not enough food or training tricks on the planet for that. I'll just do the best I can at every lift I can while eating like a German Shepard with a tapeworm.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Indeed!!
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.63%

really? i thought that title went to MTR.

Methyltrieolone - anabolic level of 6000-7000 and androgenic level of 12,000-30,000
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%

Food gets you there but genetics set your limits. That's why its called a genetic ceiling. Yao Ming would never catch up to Shaq if they spent the next ten years seeing how much they can bench. He's just way too genetically skinny. But they are both very tall... one is genetically geared to be more anabolic.

Kryill is a genetic beast, born to move iron. Its a world record! You absolutely need genetics for those numbers, period. I put 100lbs on my bench in the first two years. Even my trainer friends were impressed but still said I'd never ever be the big guy. Only 540lbs more to go to match Kryill... Not enough food or training tricks on the planet for that. I'll just do the best I can at every lift I can while eating like a German Shepard with a tapeworm.
    I agree, but to an extent. There is a process that comes sometimes with age over the years and dedication. I was never "big" in my 20s and just gave up when I got married. 5 years later I started training at 30. Made lifestyle changes, had setbacks, but started to put it first in 2013. I've put on 40 lbs and I can guarantee you I will hit 260 before I start cutting for my first show. I think every genetic bodytype can achieve some kind of impressive physique or strength. Its a combination of how much you want it and learning what works what's best for you. Aas have a role for many but usually because of impatience.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.66%

Meh I've never even thought of myself as natty given I have been on one stim or another for ADHD since I was 8 years old. Kind of changed my views of natty vs not from a very young age...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

I agree, but to an extent. There is a process that comes sometimes with age over the years and dedication. I was never "big" in my 20s and just gave up when I got married. 5 years later I started training at 30. Made lifestyle changes, had setbacks, but started to put it first in 2013. I've put on 40 lbs and I can guarantee you I will hit 260 before I start cutting for my first show. I think every genetic bodytype can achieve some kind of impressive physique or strength. Its a combination of how much you want it and learning what works what's best for you. Aas have a role for many but usually because of impatience.
    Well put, man! That's really encouraging for a somewhat novice, hard gainer like myself to hear. Repped asap.

I have def impressed myself thus far. I'm only 29 and been lifting since I was 25. Went from 168lbs @ 15% to 220lbs down to 190 @ 8% now I'm 202 @ 10%. I think people can accomplish amazing things with their body if the dedication is there.

I have too many hobbies haha. I want to be good at many thing but guitar comes first. Been playing for 18 years. Guitar is a perfect example of something extremely hard for people but something that certain people with drive can become incredible at in a lifetime.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Well 6, observe these photos below. I'm sure that people told the kid on the left the same thing they told you. You don't have the structure, you'll always be skinny, why do you even lift, whatever. Then he grew into the guy on the right. I say fukk a genetic ceiling. The only ceiling is the limit of how many years you put into this game and what you put in day in and day out for those years.
    Training log:
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Name:  ForumRunner_20131010_222542.png
Views: 121
Size:  268.0 KB
    Training log:
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.08%

Do it at a safe age probably around 28 to 30 . I do it because I frsuse to look average I wanna crack the ****ing side walk
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Name:  ForumRunner_20131010_222542.png
Views: 121
Size:  268.0 KB
    Good Lord... thats crazy. Is this someone you know?

I wonder how tall he is and how old he is in these pics. I mean... dude on the right just looks like he was genetically predisposed to be stout. I would have NEVER thought this could be the same person.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.86%

Good Lord... thats crazy. Is this someone you know?

I wonder how tall he is and how old he is in these pics. I mean... dude on the right just looks like he was genetically predisposed to be stout. I would have NEVER thought this could be the same person.
    That's Brandon Lilly.

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

So then we are all in agreement that anyone can drastically increase the size of their wrists and ankles after adulthood? Bones and tendons?
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%

So then we are all in agreement that anyone can drastically increase the size of their wrists and ankles after adulthood? Bones and tendons?
    I would never want to. I love skinny wrists and ankles. My forearms are sexy
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Fukk yeah. Lifting increases bone density and bone size. Look at the wrists on Brandon Lilly. Tell me those didn't grow. He was 6 feet tall in both pictures. First picture: 165. Second picture: 325
    Training log:
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Well, picture is worth 1,000 words. This conversation has definitely opened my eyes a bit in the "genetics" argument.

I will say I have put on 50lbs in 3+ years (100lbs+ added to bench and 150lbs+ added to squats) while gaining absolutely zero in ankle or wrist size. And I mean zero, maybe .1"! I can still touch my thumb and finger around my ankle just as easy as day 1. that dude gained 160 lbs and doubled his wrists, though.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

Well, picture is worth 1,000 words. This conversation has definitely opened my eyes a bit in the "genetics" argument.

I will say I have put on 50lbs in 3+ years (100lbs+ added to bench and 150lbs+ added to squats) while gaining absolutely zero in ankle or wrist size. And I mean zero, maybe .1"! I can still touch my thumb and finger around my ankle just as easy as day 1. that dude gained 160 lbs and doubled his wrists, though.
    What the **** is all this about making wrist and ankle size bigger? Biggest pile if counterproductive crap I've heard pardon me.. small wrists with bigger muscles make you look bigger duh.. my wrists are aboutbthe same diameter as my sister's and shes 5'4" . The infatuation with making the bone to muscle ratio smaller is about the weirded thing ive heard
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

A lot of that is muscle, but also consider that he was an equipped powerlifter for many years. In equipped lifting, the suits use your bones as levers. Scot Mendelson said the first time he tried to bench 1000, he could feel his bones flexing. As you continue to get stronger and you handle heavier weights more often, your bones, tendons, and ligaments will continue to grow.

Now, people like your professional bodybuilders are always going to have small joints compared to their musculature, but you know those guys structure has grown and gotten stronger as well.
    Training log:
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

What the **** is all this about making wrist and ankle size bigger? Biggest pile if counterproductive crap I've heard pardon me.. small wrists with bigger muscles make you look bigger duh.. my wrists are aboutbthe same diameter as my sister's and shes 5'4" . The infatuation with making the bone to muscle ratio smaller is about the weirded thing ive heard
    No one is trying to make their wrists bigger haha. We are discussing genetics and wrist and ankle size happen to have a close relation with your genetic make up. We are merely saying that contrary to popular bro science, wrist and ankle size can be increased dramatically as a result of the right training conditions and adaptations.

I still feel like in that pic, Billy is a 1 in 10,000 kind of transformation that still (in my opinion) has to do with genetics allowing him to get there.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.73%

No one is trying to make their wrists bigger haha. We are discussing genetics and wrist and ankle size happen to have a close relation with your genetic make up. We are merely saying that contrary to popular bro science, wrist and ankle size can be increased dramatically as a result of the right training conditions and adaptations.
    Lol I must have the wrong regimen because mine as far as bone thickness haven't seemed to grow but muscles and tendons apparently have..
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%

Yeah I think small diameter bones nake you look bigger.. as long as you dont have narrow shoulders and a big waste small bones play to any bodybuilders advantage. Think jay cutler versus phil heath. Jay is just wide from top to bottom while phil has big muacle bellies and little bones.
    Yeah for real...i have (smaller) medium bones so the scale weight is never there in great numbers...but i have retardedly big traps and wide shoulders...so that plus decent muscle between them small joints = muscular impressive looking physique that is always sub 200 lbs (at 5' 8"). And like you said...the smaller my waist the better it all works together.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

Yeah for real...i have (smaller) medium bones so the scale weight is never there in great numbers...but i have retardedly big traps and wide shoulders...so that plus decent muscle between them small joints = muscular impressive looking physique that is always sub 200 lbs (at 5' 8"). And like you said...the smaller my waist the better it all works together.
    Lucky haha!I am truely big boned. It took 4and 1/2 years for my clavicle to get hidden by my chest. I'm also going to blame it on my height.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%

That pic comparison is called an aberration or an anomaly....that is NOT normal in 99.99% of people, sorry but it does happen, obviously.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4%

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Lucky haha!I am truely big boned. It took 4and 1/2 years for my clavicle to get hidden by my chest. I'm also going to blame it on my height.
    Thank god! There's hope for me yet
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    That pic comparison is called an aberration or an anomaly....that is NOT normal in 99.99% of people, sorry but it does happen, obviously.
    I agree, not everyone is going to gain 165lbs in thirteen years, but I've gained 80 in the nine or so years I've been lifting, and you can go on down the line and find tons of people who have done the same.
    Training log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 414
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
  2. How did you respond to Fadogia ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 15