Why did you decide to hand in your natty card?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. I was to impatient after a few years of lifting and got something not realizing what it actually was... I didn't care though once I found out I used it anyway and have cycled a few times since then. I don't regret it but as others have said I wish I had waited a bit longer.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

2. My natural test is low/mid 400s but I'm too young for prescribed trt apparently.
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kdeome View Post
    Another point, is that (as far as I know) AI/hormone modulators like aromisin and erase pro are "natural". I use those. When they become "banned" do I then become a "dirty" lifter? It all seems silly.

I want to be bigger, stronger and more aesthetic, the juice is just another tool in our arsenal (like dieting or compound exercises IMO)
    i don't know too many people who would claim that RX drugs are natty. just because you won't get popped on a test doesn't make it natural.

i think this brings up a good point though. where is the line of "natural" drawn? if you use a pre with a sh!t ton of stims, is that natural? i've got a friend that has some power lifting records (best in texas) and he literally consumes no supplements except protein. he is all about being natty. but i probably would too if i could bench 400 lbs.
    AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post

i don't know too many people who would claim that RX drugs are natty. just because you won't get popped on a test doesn't make it natural.

i think this brings up a good point though. where is the line of "natural" drawn? if you use a pre with a sh!t ton of stims, is that natural? i've got a friend that has some power lifting records (best in texas) and he literally consumes no supplements except protein. he is all about being natty. but i probably would too if i could bench 400 lbs.
    Exactly, there is no line. Except for a "social" line. What you do to excel at your sport unnaturally is limited by your training, diet, knowledge, talent, etc. Does anyone care what Lance Armstrong did to win? Especially after finding out they couldn't give his title to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th place winners? I don't. Think about how seldom he was even able to get away with aas, doping, epo, etc. 5-10% of the time at best? The other 90% he was busy training harder than everyone else.... naturally. Same goes here. 20-30% of the time "unnatural" typically. This is a sport nobody really cares about and suspects aas use anyways. Trust me, nobody cares. I doubt anyone will come to my NPC show outside of immediate family/gf. If you want "real" natty, anything other than food is not natural. So I'm natural right now. Now November-January is a different story.....

5. Quote Originally Posted by Slappy244 View Post

Some people just are strong! There's a family of 3 brothers and a dad where I live. The dad whom hasn't lifted in about a year, comes in and does 315 x 10+ one day and just leaves for another 4 months... like dang.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

6. i have a really hard time remembering back to when i didn't want to used gear. i know there was a point when my opinion shifted from "opposed" to "in-favor", but i just can't remember when.

i guess it was when i started learning about steroids, that i was able to see them for what they really are. to me, they are nothing more than a tool like pre-workout or protein.

i can understand my friends stance on being natty, because he doesn't use any extra tools. but man, i know there will be a day that he will, and **** will get epic.

can you imagine what would happen to someone who can bench 400 lbs natty if they hopped on the tren train?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

I'm big, but Imma be swole... walk sideways through doors.... -Pain and Gain.
    I think you will enjoy your skinny wrists and ankles once you've got beefslabs for forearms and calves.
    Yeah I think small diameter bones nake you look bigger.. as long as you dont have narrow shoulders and a big waste small bones play to any bodybuilders advantage. Think jay cutler versus phil heath. Jay is just wide from top to bottom while phil has big muacle bellies and little bones.

8. Juice or not, there is no substitute for good eating and hard training

9. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Some people just are strong! There's a family of 3 brothers and a dad where I live. The dad whom hasn't lifted in about a year, comes in and does 315 x 10+ one day and just leaves for another 4 months... like dang.
    Blew my ****ing mind the other day. Dude was probably 15 years old really scrawny looked about 135 and he's repping out 8 reps on the incline bench with 225 no spot

10. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Blew my ****ing mind the other day. Dude was probably 15 years old really scrawny looked about 135 and he's repping out 8 reps on the incline bench with 225 no spot
    I know I got a buddy of mine who weighs 155 and he reps 235 on bench no problem... Now that's not a lot compared to my other buddy who's about my size (225-230) and easily reps 375 (dude is a MONSTER) but just from those two I agree genetics is a big part
    •   

11. Height has a tremendous amount to do with how much people lift, also.

I wish there was a mathematical formula to determine a height + weight comparison when performing a lift. I only bench 260 or so but if I were 6" shorter at the same weight I know I could put up 80+ more. Every inch makes a huge difference.

12. Quote Originally Posted by pillsRgood View Post
    Playing college football... much funner when you are bigger faster stronger than most you play against...incidentally steroid use also led to a blown out knee, since my tendons couldn't keep up w the muscle growth, so that sucked

^^^ this. Put on a solid 15lbs of muscle summer of my senior year. Played at 225 and kept my speed and strength. Nothing like playing linebacker at 225 with increased testosterone and a screw loose upstairs.

Sigh..... I miss those days

13. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Height has a tremendous amount to do with how much people lift, also.

I wish there was a mathematical formula to determine a height + weight comparison when performing a lift. I only bench 260 or so but if I were 6" shorter at the same weight I know I could put up 80+ more. Every inch makes a huge difference.
    Yeah but short guys do half the work because the stroke is only 8 inches long.. I know some guys who are short and a little xhunky and can benchpress 260 and they dont work out but they have short arms compared to a lot of us so there's no glory in it.. id rather push it and do 400 at 5'11"

14. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Height has a tremendous amount to do with how much people lift, also.

Yeah, but if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd also be significantly more muscular.

More muscle = more weight moved.

So that doesn't really prove your point at all.

With what you said it's possible you could move the extra weight by (gasp) putting on more muscle.

15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Yeah, but if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd also be significantly more muscular.

With what you said it's possible you could move the extra weight by (gasp) putting on more muscle.
    Yep

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I understand your logic and yes, more power will get you there. But, if you think about the physics of a lever you can't argue that an identical amount of force (i.e. same size muscle) used to move and object will be more efficient at a shorter length of the lever arm.

Hold a baseball bat at its base with a normal swinging grip. Then lift a tire up off the ground with it. Pretty hard to get leverage with a full length bat.

Now cut the bat in half (i.e. shorter arm segments) and lift the same tire up.

All I'm saying is that at the same exact muscular force, if you have shorter arms... you can lift more weight, period.

And that doesn't even dip into the whole increased ROM discussion

17. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

I understand your logic and yes, more power will get you there. But, if you think about the physics of a lever you can't argue that an identical amount of force (i.e. same size muscle) used to move and object will be more efficient at a shorter length of the lever arm.

Hold a baseball bat at its base with a normal swinging grip. Then lift a tire up off the ground with it. Pretty hard to get leverage with a full length bat.

Now cut the bat in half (i.e. shorter arm segments) and lift the same tire up.

All I'm saying is that at the same exact muscular force, if you have shorter arms... you can lift more weight, period.
    I'm not even talking about whether it's easier to lift a weight when you're shorter or not.

I'm talking specifically about your comment that if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd lift more.

Which is obvious because you would have more muscle of you were 6 inches shorter and weighed the same, which would allow you to apply MORE force to the bar due to the sstronger muscular contraction.

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

I'm not even talking about whether it's easier to lift a weight when you're shorter or not.

I'm talking specifically about your comment that if you were six inches shorter AND the same weight you'd lift more.

Which is obvious because you would have more muscle of you were 6 inches shorter and weighed the same, which would allow you to apply MORE force to the bar due to the sstronger muscular contraction.
    Ok well then if I had the exact same amount of muscle then I'd still lift more weight. The decrease in ROM alone would accomplish that.

Thanks for letting me know that if I have bigger muscles i can lift more. You changed my life, Jim!

I'd technically have more muscle mass because of bone weight (I suppose) but seriously, dude... I meant if I had the same LBM as I do now, not weight. I figured it was inferred.

19. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

Ok well then if I had the exact same amount of muscle then I'd STILL lift more weight. The decrease in ROM alone would accomplish that.

Yes,
    My brother is 5'6" and 170-175 . He can bench press 300. Im 5" taller and hit 425 for 1RM. Im not bragging. Im making a point. Shourt guys may have less range of motion and a short untrained guy versus a tall untrained guy maybe the short guy wins. But maybe not. Its largely how you train and genetic advantage. Technically longer muscles have more room for contraction so if you train right you shoyld hit much bigger weights.. plus at 6'6" you shoulf be training as heavy as possible or you will miss all your potential.

20. Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post

My brother is 5'6" and 170-175 . He can bench press 300. Im 5" taller and hit 425 for 1RM. Im not bragging. Im making a point. Shourt guys may have less range of motion and a short untrained guy versus a tall untrained guy maybe the short guy wins. But maybe not. Its largely how you train and genetic advantage. Technically longer muscles have more room for contraction so if you train right you shoyld hit much bigger weights.. plus at 6'6" you shoulf be training as heavy as possible or you will miss all your potential.
    Totally agree man. I'm really tall but honestly a realist in saying I don't have the genetics for big unless I make it my life goal with plenty of gear. I'm happy comparing myself to myself though. I have to be or I'd kill myself haha

21. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

Totally agree man. I'm really tall but honestly a realist in saying I don't have the genetics for big unless I make it my life goal with plenty of gear. I'm happy comparing myself to myself though. I have to be or I'd kill myself haha
    Maybe im lucky but I started lifting at 15 and 120 lbs. Im 200+ right now with maybe 2% more bodyfat but I dont think so. My metabolism eats me up. This is why I always say if people just figure out what it takes to grow they can do it. Because people thought I never would be strong or big at all. Im not big now but definitely bigger.. I think back to how much ive changed and I think anyone can do that.. and moat if it was natural. Until 25. I hit 183-185 before I ever touched an anabolic

22. Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post
    Maybe im lucky but I started lifting at 15 and 120 lbs. Im 200+ right now with maybe 2% more bodyfat but I dont think so. My metabolism eats me up. This is why I always say if people just figure out what it takes to grow they can do it. Because people thought I never would be strong or big at all. Im not big now but definitely bigger.. I think back to how much ive changed and I think anyone can do that.. and moat if it was natural. Until 25. I hit 183-185 before I ever touched an anabolic
    Yea I have not been lifting nearly that long. I started about 4 years ago @ 168lbs. I bulked to 220 and cut down to 190 @ 8%. Now I'm about 202 @ 10%. I too have gotten really good results (not bragging) but still only marginally better (or not even as good) as some people I know who totally half-ass diet and training. Most of my friends still have bigger arms that don't even lift, and I probably bench 30% more then all of them even at my height. Skinny wrists and ankles are pretty much there to stay unless genetics allow for growth, and thats a good determining factor for how big your arms and legs can get. I'm prepared to get flamed for that statement but unless you are 6'5"+ and skinny as sh*it... I cant say you have an great understanding.

I even had some friends that were total sticks in high school, super skinny wrists and ankles. But then they got big after that so people are like well if they can do it you can do it. This whole time they have fathers, brother and uncles that ALL got genetically bigger late in life (lifting or not). My Dad, brothers, uncles and so on are ALL super thin and frail into their older age. This is what I try to explain to people. No excuses on my end... hell, I'm super happy gaining what i did in 4 years but my arms size hasnt changed much and I'll never have 20" pythons... ever. My arms are HUGE compared to how they were and they are probably 15.5" Just because a skinny guy got big doesnt mean all skinny guys can just decide to get big. Just "bigger", like you said.

23. Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post

Right here. The next guy to break the bench press world record will be Kyrill Sarychev. He's 6'5" 23 years old, benches 700. They asked his coach about what makes his drug regimen so special. He said, "I don't know, I'm no doctor, I'm a coach. But the whole time we've been talking, Kyrill has been eating potatoes."
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Right here. The next guy to break the bench press world record will be Kyrill Sarychev. He's 6'5" 23 years old, benches 700. They asked his coach about what makes his drug regimen so special. He said, "I don't know, I'm no doctor, I'm a coach. But the whole time we've been talking, Kyrill has been eating potatoes."
    Food: the most anabolic substance on planet earth.

25. Its so easy to make bench press numbers go up. Any exercise for that matter.. its the CNS not just testosterone or drugs. I know a lot of natty guys that push 300 and above . My brother did 300 when he was 18. Another guy I worked out with upped his benchpress by 60 lbs in 2 months time all natural. It enabled him to grow even more due to the heavy training.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

BOOM! Thank you! You have a goal in mind? The answer lies in food, cutting, bulking, or performance. Drugs only expedite the process and aren't even necessary until we get beyond nature's bounds. That said, I'm ALL FOR expediting the process.

Quote Originally Posted by tinytony View Post
    Its so easy to make bench press numbers go up. Any exercise for that matter.. its the CNS not just testosterone or drugs. I know a lot of natty guys that push 300 and above . My brother did 300 when he was 18. Another guy I worked out with upped his benchpress by 60 lbs in 2 months time all natural. It enabled him to grow even more due to the heavy training.
    Wanna put 20lbs on your bench in 6 weeks? Gain 10lbs. It's that easy. The tricky part comes with continuing to make your bench go up for years and years on end.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html

27. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Food gets you there but genetics set your limits. That's why its called a genetic ceiling. Yao Ming would never catch up to Shaq if they spent the next ten years seeing how much they can bench. He's just way too genetically skinny. But they are both very tall... one is genetically geared to be more anabolic.

Kryill is a genetic beast, born to move iron. Its a world record! You absolutely need genetics for those numbers, period. I put 100lbs on my bench in the first two years. Even my trainer friends were impressed but still said I'd never ever be the big guy. Only 540lbs more to go to match Kryill... Not enough food or training tricks on the planet for that. I'll just do the best I can at every lift I can while eating like a German Shepard with a tapeworm.

28. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

Indeed!!

29. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    really? i thought that title went to MTR.

Methyltrieolone - anabolic level of 6000-7000 and androgenic level of 12,000-30,000

30. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

Food gets you there but genetics set your limits. That's why its called a genetic ceiling. Yao Ming would never catch up to Shaq if they spent the next ten years seeing how much they can bench. He's just way too genetically skinny. But they are both very tall... one is genetically geared to be more anabolic.

Kryill is a genetic beast, born to move iron. Its a world record! You absolutely need genetics for those numbers, period. I put 100lbs on my bench in the first two years. Even my trainer friends were impressed but still said I'd never ever be the big guy. Only 540lbs more to go to match Kryill... Not enough food or training tricks on the planet for that. I'll just do the best I can at every lift I can while eating like a German Shepard with a tapeworm.
    I agree, but to an extent. There is a process that comes sometimes with age over the years and dedication. I was never "big" in my 20s and just gave up when I got married. 5 years later I started training at 30. Made lifestyle changes, had setbacks, but started to put it first in 2013. I've put on 40 lbs and I can guarantee you I will hit 260 before I start cutting for my first show. I think every genetic bodytype can achieve some kind of impressive physique or strength. Its a combination of how much you want it and learning what works what's best for you. Aas have a role for many but usually because of impatience.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 414
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
  2. How did you respond to Fadogia ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:54 PM