DHEA

blasteryui

Awards
Hey guys, just had some questions. I'm currently on Dermacrine, what's the difference between Dermacrine or any topical solution compared to the pill format? I know topical absorbs faster and more, but what about the 50MG-100MG pills. Dermacrine has 14.4mg, meanwhile I've found high quality pills that have 50mg. Would the pills be stronger? Would it be more beneficial to use the pills, I found a bottle 50 tablets, 1 per day for only 12 bucks.. compared to the 60 dollars I paid for one bottle of dermacrine. Are there any other topical solutions you guys have used that are cheaper then dermacrine? Thanks guys, i really like the affects i get from DHEA and would like to continue using it but at 60 bucks a bottle that's a little much.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Transdermal offers better absorbtion and persoanlly I feel the best way to administer DHEA. Dermacrine can be had at the planet for $40 right now.

blasteryui

Awards
So what you're saying is 14.4mg of topical DHEA is better then 100MG in a pill? "planet" are you talking about Nutraplanet? If so, they are sold out, I had to buy mine off of Ebay at 59 a bottle..

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
So what you're saying is 14.4mg of topical DHEA is better then 100MG in a pill? "planet" are you talking about Nutraplanet? If so, they are sold out, I had to buy mine off of Ebay at 59 a bottle..
It's 14.4 mg per pump... The recommended dosage is 3-5 pumps depending on your weight so you're getting 43.2-72 mg DHEA with dermacrine. And I can't remember where I got mine but it was like $40-45 from some other supplement site, just gotta do some digging

blasteryui

Awards
I've dug a grave friend, I'm in Canada, haven't had any luck finding it for under 50, less shipping is crazy.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
So you like that Dermacrine, eh?

blasteryui

Awards
well DHEA more so, but dermacrine is what i am using yes. Still would like more opinions on comparison of 100mg pills to dermacrine.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I've used both for quite some time. Dermacrine is supposed to have improved converson to testosterone when applied to the shoulders and traps due to enzymes in this area and it also has other ingredients to control estrogen. I have never seen any blood tests to prove this theory or the overall effectiveness of this product. I also use DHEA in pill form. As I'm sure you know DHEA can convert to many different hormones depending on the body needs the worst of which is E2. Whenever I use DHEA in pill form I always use in conjunction with I3C to control E2 conversion. With this protocol, I get a notable increase in energy that I never notice with topical DHEA.

blasteryui

Awards
how many mgs are your pills? So you find the pills work just as well? What about dermacrine did you notice any differences? Is I3C an estrogen blocker? Would using Erase or Formasurge while on DHEA be the appropriate response?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Most pills are 25 mg. I personally take about 50 mg/day sometimes more. As I said, I notice more energy from the pills. I3C is an estrogen channeler. It channels E2 into less potent forms of estrogen. Formesurge would deffinately work. Erase may work if you take enough, it's a pretty weak AI.

blasteryui

Awards
thanks man, now when it comes to oral mg, is it okay to take it forever, or should i be cycling it and only doing it for 4 weeks then 4 weeks off.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking it for years. But cycling may be beneficial. I used to take a product call Diesel Test Pro, it has DHEA included. They recommended a 5 on 2off protocol.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
most dhea taken orally will be converted into dhea sulfate, which is inactive and useless, via the stomach acids.

still has to make it through the small intestines, and liver.

plain oral dhea, unless you're buying like 100ct for 5$, is a waste of money.

sublingual, transdermal, or suppository are the ways to go if dhea is what you want.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
which is inactive and useless
I realize DHEA and DHEA-S are different but can you expand on your comment of DHEA-S being uselss? Do you feel it is useless in regards to Anabolism or useless period?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I realize DHEA and DHEA-S are different but can you expand on your comment of DHEA-S being uselss? Do you feel it is useless in regards to Anabolism or useless period?
As I said, it is an inactive metabolite.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
So when people take DHEA and get acne and other side effects its a placebo effect? I don't understand. I've taken DHEA orally and it had a very noticeable effect but then again, I was taking it while I was on nexium which neutralizes stomach acid. Do you think that's why it had such a profound effect on me?

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Well I also took 300 mg maybe that's why. Anyway I prefer the transdermal route regardless

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
So DHEA-S may be inactive but in the body it can get converted back into DHEA and likewise DHEA can get converted into DHEA-S.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So DHEA-S may be inactive but in the body it can get converted back into DHEA and likewise DHEA can get converted into DHEA-S.
edit: looks like I am incorrect.

"Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) is the sulfate ester of DHEA. This conversion is reversibly catalyzed by sulfotransferase (SULT2A1) primarily in the adrenals, the liver, and small intestine. In the blood, most DHEA is found as DHEAS with levels that are about 300 times higher than those of free DHEA. Orally ingested DHEA is converted to its sulfate when passing through intestines and liver. Whereas DHEA levels naturally reach their peak in the early morning hours, DHEAS levels show no diurnal variation. From a practical point of view, measurement of DHEAS is preferable to DHEA, as levels are more stable"

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remarkably however, DHEA acts as a full agonist of the ER βeta with a maximal response similar to or actually slightly greater than that of estradiol, and its levels in circulation and local tissues in the human body are high enough to activate the receptor to the same degree as that seen with circulating estradiol levels at somewhat higher than their maximal, non-ovulatory concentrations; indeed, when combined with estradiol with both at levels equivalent to those of their physiological concentrations, overall activation of the ERβ was doubled. As such, it has been proposed that DHEA may be an important and potentially major endogenous estrogen in the body

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Remarkably however, DHEA acts as a full agonist of the ER βeta with a maximal response similar to or actually slightly greater than that of estradiol, and its levels in circulation and local tissues in the human body are high enough to activate the receptor to the same degree as that seen with circulating estradiol levels at somewhat higher than their maximal, non-ovulatory concentrations; indeed, when combined with estradiol with both at levels equivalent to those of their physiological concentrations, overall activation of the ERβ was doubled. As such, it has been proposed that DHEA may be an important and potentially major endogenous estrogen in the body
There have been some users that have reported higher E2 levels when supplementing with oral DHEA, more so than with TD. Is seems this statement is the MOA for these finding?