Liver Distress Symptoms - AnabolicMinds.com

Liver Distress Symptoms

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    2438828

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Liver Distress Symptoms


    Apologize if I missed it somewhere on AM. What are symptoms of liver distress while on PHs? Urine or fecal color, odor? Pains in either right or left side? Things like this, please. Thanks.

  2. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Well, you won't generally feel any pain unless...you are already Fukked.
    Watch for nausea, vomiting, diarrhea,loss of appetite.
    An get labs for crying out loud!!
    Seriously, i don't know how much for a Hepatic Function Panel, but it is worth it for peace of mind.

    Yellowing skin/eyes and itching of the skin are very late signs an extremely urgent, get your self to the ER immediately if you have any of those!
  3. Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,440
    Rep Power
    1857792

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Dark brown urine, yellowing if the skin especially around the eyes and itching oI the skin are the most prominent sides of major liver stress.
    •   
       

  4. JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Itching all over the body or just in certain places? I had never heard of that
  5. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Itching all over the body or just in certain places? I had never heard of that
    It could be a few places, or all over.

    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1098029-overview
  6. kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    2438828

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Thanks all. BTW, I'm not currently on PHs nor do I have liver issues, I'm just curious and wanted to get the symptoms out there due to the number of AMers that seem to be overdosing.
  7. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks all. BTW, I'm not currently on PHs nor do I have liver issues, I'm just curious and wanted to get the symptoms out there due to the number of AMers that seem to be overdosing.
    Lmfao....you were like these mofos are taking ridiculous amounts of this stuff and their livers are bound to be compromised ...so I'll ask these fools what their symptoms are. Using our reckless abandon to your research advantage...well played. Kind of insensitive...but well done
  8. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Joining in just so I can keep this thread in my subbed. Good info here.
  9. kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    2438828

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    Lmfao....you were like these mofos are taking ridiculous amounts of this stuff and their livers are bound to be compromised ...so I'll ask these fools what their symptoms are. Using our reckless abandon to your research advantage...well played. Kind of insensitive...but well done
    Nope. Really just being curious and learning what to watch out for as the logged doses of PHs seem to be rising. Newbie here for PHs myself.
  10. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post

    Nope. Really just being curious and learning what to watch out for as the logged doses of PHs seem to be rising. Newbie here for PHs myself.
    I was just messing with you
  11. kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,378
    Rep Power
    2438828

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    I was just messing with you
    And I love it brother! I consider you one of the "knowledgable" AMers here. Lots of respect for you!
  12. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    T-bone is the official liver distress guru of AM board....next person who questions him on this topic gets banned for life

    I've been on 75mg of epi plus tylenol/aspirin (was pretty sick and needed relief)...and my appetite has diminished similar to when I'm on SD, not as bad of course, but much lower than normal. I attribute this to liver stress (I could be wrong, might be from being sick or something else entirely)....that is the one good thing about stressing your liver....the appetite suppressant effects. OK there is no actual "good thing" about liver distress
  13. FranARG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    17433

    Reputation

    I think that the loss of appetite is a trademark of liver distress.
  14. Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,440
    Rep Power
    1857792

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    If your really lucky you may get pruritus ani. Which is an itching anus lol, i could imagine that would be an irritating sign of liver disease.
  15. JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Also where the **** has tudca gone? Can't find it on nutraplanet. Might have to check Amazon or something
  16. lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Also where the **** has tudca gone? Can't find it on nutraplanet. Might have to check Amazon or something
    LGI makes a pretty solid support supp called "Damage Control" that includes TUDCA, SAMe, NAC, and some other things.

    I'm on TRT and just starting using the recommended dose as a daily support since I'm on external androgens.

    Very reasonably priced at about 30 per bottle.
  17. chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    3818

    Reputation

    How bad does your liver get from taking these substances? I mean are people becoming paranoid? Compare taking Sten-Zine and Trestobol (that is what I will be taking) vs your nightly drinker and then who binges on the weekend, whose liver will be worse after 6 weeks? I have Tudca but back in the day I ran M1T with nothing at 20mg for 3 weeks (yes back when knowledge was limited) and only experienced lethargy...I am more just questioning how toxic are these substances?
  18. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    How bad does your liver get from taking these substances? I mean are people becoming paranoid? Compare taking Sten-Zine and Trestobol (that is what I will be taking) vs your nightly drinker and then who binges on the weekend, whose liver will be worse after 6 weeks? I have Tudca but back in the day I ran M1T with nothing at 20mg for 3 weeks (yes back when knowledge was limited) and only experienced lethargy...I am more just questioning how toxic are these substances?
    Apparently alcohol and NSAIDs are worse for your liver. I kind of want to find the study providing that info though.
  19. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Apparently alcohol and NSAIDs are worse for your liver. I kind of want to find the study providing that info though.
    Alcohol and ACETAMINOPHEN (tylenol, which is not an NSAID) are bad for your liver. NSAIDS are taxing on your GI tract and Kidneys primarily. They do put stress on the liver, but none I would be concerned about.

    PH's and oral steroids are NOT as terrible for the liver as most people in this forum believe. I think the supp companies want everyone to think they are so they can sell TONS of cycle supporting supps. Sure, milk thistle and TUDCA can't hurt, but I don't believe they are as necessary to take so much and so often as everyone so readily agrees on before, during, an after cycle.

    AND.. I intend to prove it. I am monitoring a close friend while on SD. He is taking no cycle support, and we are running Hepatic Function Test labs every 10 days.
    So far, so good. No change in labs, huge change in physique.
  20. tinytony's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    349589

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

    Alcohol and ACETAMINOPHEN (tylenol, which is not an NSAID) are bad for your liver. NSAIDS are taxing on your GI tract and Kidneys primarily. They do put stress on the liver, but none I would be concerned about.

    PH's and oral steroids are NOT as terrible for the liver as most people in this forum believe. I think the supp companies want everyone to think they are so they can sell TONS of cycle supporting supps. Sure, milk thistle and TUDCA can't hurt, but I don't believe they are as necessary to take so much and so often as everyone so readily agrees on before, during, an after cycle.

    AND.. I intend to prove it. I am monitoring a close friend while on SD. He is taking no cycle support, and we are running Hepatic Function Test labs every 10 days.
    So far, so good. No change in labs, huge change in physique.
    I can agree here. But a question I have is, wouldn't something stressful on liver be better than on kidneys? Because liver can regenerate and kidneys are just done
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  21. tinytony's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    349589

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just an honest question/thought. We worry about liver and most people don't give a thought about kidneys
    Rep for
    🍀Celtic Labs
  22. Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,440
    Rep Power
    1857792

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    How bad does your liver get from taking these substances? I mean are people becoming paranoid? Compare taking Sten-Zine and Trestobol (that is what I will be taking) vs your nightly drinker and then who binges on the weekend, whose liver will be worse after 6 weeks? I have Tudca but back in the day I ran M1T with nothing at 20mg for 3 weeks (yes back when knowledge was limited) and only experienced lethargy...I am more just questioning how toxic are these substances?
    Oh the toxicity of oral designers and PHs is over exaggerated to a huge extent, but I will always run something to protect my liver, for the cost of some TUDCA I'd rather be safe than sorry !
  23. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

    Alcohol and ACETAMINOPHEN (tylenol, which is not an NSAID) are bad for your liver. NSAIDS are taxing on your GI tract and Kidneys primarily. They do put stress on the liver, but none I would be concerned about.

    PH's and oral steroids are NOT as terrible for the liver as most people in this forum believe. I think the supp companies want everyone to think they are so they can sell TONS of cycle supporting supps. Sure, milk thistle and TUDCA can't hurt, but I don't believe they are as necessary to take so much and so often as everyone so readily agrees on before, during, an after cycle.

    AND.. I intend to prove it. I am monitoring a close friend while on SD. He is taking no cycle support, and we are running Hepatic Function Test labs every 10 days.
    So far, so good. No change in labs, huge change in physique.
    Thanks for correcting my mistake.
  24. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Thanks for correcting my mistake.
    Well, you weren't actually wrong about NSAIDs and Alcohol being bad for your liver. Alcohol shouldn't be mixed with any medication, and people generally drink too much, in my opinion
  25. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post

    Well, you weren't actually wrong about NSAIDs and Alcohol being bad for your liver. Alcohol shouldn't be mixed with any medication, and people generally drink too much, in my opinion
    Agreed. I think pro hormones are blown out of proportion to be honest.
  26. bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,715
    Rep Power
    3925357

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good stuff in here fellas. I will always run TUDCA or something like damage control because of the studies backing its effectiveness and it makes me feel better mentally. The fear mongering about liver stress and damage is getting old.
    Independent
  27. cdiblasi's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    42828

    Reputation

    Liver distress has many different signs and symptoms (many of them already mentioned), but most of the time it's difficult to point directly to that unless your liver is already pretty damaged (yellowing of eyes). If I were to run two orals or something especially strong (Ex: SD), I'd personally run TUDCA. Aegis has TUDCA and is still available and recently been reformulated to make an even better, stronger product.
    *Antaeus Lab Rep*
  28. Joe_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    48271

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Agreed. I think pro hormones are blown out of proportion to be honest.
    If you think prohormones are blown out of proportion do some reading on the medicinal uses, doses, and duration of Anadrol.
  29. DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,672
    Rep Power
    2574215

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Alcohol and ACETAMINOPHEN (tylenol, which is not an NSAID) are bad for your liver. NSAIDS are taxing on your GI tract and Kidneys primarily. They do put stress on the liver, but none I would be concerned about.

    PH's and oral steroids are NOT as terrible for the liver as most people in this forum believe. I think the supp companies want everyone to think they are so they can sell TONS of cycle supporting supps. Sure, milk thistle and TUDCA can't hurt, but I don't believe they are as necessary to take so much and so often as everyone so readily agrees on before, during, an after cycle.

    AND.. I intend to prove it. I am monitoring a close friend while on SD. He is taking no cycle support, and we are running Hepatic Function Test labs every 10 days.
    So far, so good. No change in labs, huge change in physique.
    In for results.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  30. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Final labs are pending
  31. RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,958
    Rep Power
    2676382

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Final labs are pending
    In__
  32. lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,244
    Rep Power
    27136

    Reputation

    Looking forward to seeing it!
  33. EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Final labs are pending
    Deff. can't wait for those labs. You peaked my curiosity
  34. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Man, where did I go??
  35. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    So the cycle went like so:
    SD 10/20/20/20/20
    EPStane 0/0/0/45/60/60/75/75

    His final labs were a tad elevated, but within normal limits.
    + 26lbs before PCT.

    I am not sure where he is now, but still looks fukkin jacked.
    And he is healthy and no reported liver support supps at all.
  36. Dr.Stri8ed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,168
    Rep Power
    156110

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    So the cycle went like so:
    SD 10/20/20/20/20
    EPStane 0/0/0/45/60/60/75/75

    His final labs were a tad elevated, but within normal limits.
    + 26lbs before PCT.

    I am not sure where he is now, but still looks fukkin jacked.
    And he is healthy and no reported liver support supps at all.
    I believed this all along too. Ppl drink tons of alcohol and take NSAIDS like they're skittles but never think twice about their liver. Sure its great to b cautious but the hepatoxicity of orals is definitely exaggerated to say the least.
  37. drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870704

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    True, but people should also be aware if they have any pre-existing conditions. Liver Labs before, during, and after any Methyl oral cycle are a must IMO.
  38. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    True, but people should also be aware if they have any pre-existing conditions. Liver Labs before, during, and after any Methyl oral cycle are a must IMO.
    Bingo, only people who are susceptible to liver issues and/or have a pre-existing condition (they may or may not know about) need to worry about short methyl cycles done with ample time off between. Same with heart conditions etc....I've found only certain individuals get heart or liver or whatever organ issues, and most guys don't have any problems other than moderately elevated liver values for a short time.
  39. Dr.Stri8ed's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,168
    Rep Power
    156110

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    Bingo, only people who are susceptible to liver issues and/or have a pre-existing condition (they may or may not know about) need to worry about short methyl cycles done with ample time off between. Same with heart conditions etc....I've found only certain individuals get heart or liver or whatever organ issues, and most guys don't have any problems other than moderately elevated liver values for a short time.
    Agreed. I got an iron liver lol. I just stepped into the dark side 2day so idt I'll see orals much more, maybe for a nice blast but that's it.
  40. thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113182

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    These supplement companies have to put big red warnings all over the bottles for fear of being sued. All it takes is one jackwad to crap out his organs and sue because there were no visible warnings. PH/DS can be taxing on the body in many different ways other than liver stress, SD will put your HDL into the single digits. Be smart, run a little "body" support supp and roll with it. If you're out drinking and getting tanked with tramps in the corner of a bar, then you have bigger problems to worry about.
    Remember why you started.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. *Liver Tab FAQ*
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 03:15 PM
  2. Liver symptoms post cycle?
    By feelingfizzy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2005, 12:21 PM
  3. Liver symptoms?
    By Thracian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 01:00 PM
  4. Liver protection When on 1-Test?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 08:32 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in