How long after a tendon injury to do a cycle?

J

jking4

I was just wondering if anyone has had a personal experience with a tendon injury and gear. I was planning on doing a test e cycle right after a transformation competition I was doing. However I injured my medial epicondyle tendon, I thought it was just bad golfers elbow but I have to get an mri because I haven't been able to grip anything without pain for 3 weeks and it's swollen. just been using cissus, anti inflammatory, and icing. sticking to cardio for now because even legs hurt when I grip a bar or handles. I don't know the severity of the injury yet, I'm hoping it's just a bad strain. I'm going to be cautious and wont start because I know tendon injuries are increased while on gear from tendon not hypertrophying at the same rate our muscles do. I wont start until it's 100% healed but I'm hoping to start the cycle in November now but will wait as needed.. Deca is suppose to help tendons on cycle however I just rather run a plain test e cycle. Has anyone had tendon issues before a cycle? how long did you wait until after your injury healed?

hgjespersen

hgjespersen

Awards
If you are doing a cycle i would stick to test and deca. The wet compounds will benefit your tendons... stay away from winny! HGH is supposed to make you heal faster after a injury. So if you can effort it, i would add it into rhe mix:)

F

FranARG

Awards
HGH works slowly, you will not notice the results..

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I was just wondering if anyone has had a personal experience with a tendon injury and gear. I was planning on doing a test e cycle right after a transformation competition I was doing. However I injured my medial epicondyle tendon, I thought it was just bad golfers elbow but I have to get an mri because I haven't been able to grip anything without pain for 3 weeks and it's swollen. just been using cissus, anti inflammatory, and icing. sticking to cardio for now because even legs hurt when I grip a bar or handles. I don't know the severity of the injury yet, I'm hoping it's just a bad strain. I'm going to be cautious and wont start because I know tendon injuries are increased while on gear from tendon not hypertrophying at the same rate our muscles do. I wont start until it's 100% healed but I'm hoping to start the cycle in November now but will wait as needed.. Deca is suppose to help tendons on cycle however I just rather run a plain test e cycle. Has anyone had tendon issues before a cycle? how long did you wait until after your injury healed?
You don't have to run a lot of deca to see the benefits of tendon strength. I'm talking less that 200mg a week. So you could run low dose deca through your cycle just for that benefit. I had a partial thickness year of my supra patella tendon and I cycled orals after around 4months later with no issues.

V

Viking23

Awards
You will know when you are ready to cycle. Everyone is different so no one can say for sure. I would wait till your feel pretty 100% unless you were gonna use HGH to speed things up

J

jking4

You don't have to run a lot of deca to see the benefits of tendon strength. I'm talking less that 200mg a week. So you could run low dose deca through your cycle just for that benefit. I had a partial thickness year of my supra patella tendon and I cycled orals after around 4months later with no issues.
maybe I'll consider it. I need to wait for results first though. thanks for the advice though.

Littlefry

Littlefry

Awards
If your looking for a product to help with any joint/tendon issues you may have then I suggest you take a look at Achilles from us an Antaeus Labs. Nothing but great reviews on the product and it is dosed very well to suit your needs.

From another forum....

i have pretty bad tendonitis in my right elbow from playing football for 8 years which inhibited me from doing presses for a while. this friday i had a great bis/tris workout and had very minimal pain in my elbow. i also tore 2 ligaments and ruptured my achilles tendon in my right ankle 3 years ago which has healed pretty well, but it lacks the range of motion that my left ankle does. whenever i do cardio, my ankles would get really tight and that would make cardio more miserable than it already is.. the last couple weeks, i noticed that the tightness was gone and that my right ankle is a greater range of motion. shoulder pangs/impingements are nonexistent right now. overall sense of wellbeing. great product.

From here..

1-WEEK REVIEW: couldn't ask for anything more in the first week of use with Achilles. started feeling some relief in my joints upon waking on the 4th day, and haven't looked back since. these past few days have seen me get some ROM back in my L shoulder, while also withstanding a brutal isolated shoulder pounding in training..my elbows, which had given me problems towards end of SEP/beginning of OCT then got better when i treated with CQ, then were feeling a lil tender again coming into this, are already pain-free.
(the only thing was today in training, i felt twinge in my R forearm..so we'll see how that goes)

the most impressive quality of this product in the early going - to me anyway - is the analgesic effect i'm getting.
at my age, you always seem to have lil nagging aches & pains; but (ultra-impressive here) the usual aches i get, i've not gotten..
it's awesome!

SUMMATION: again only 1 week in, but truly huge thumbs up to this point. looking forward to the rest of this, when i start throwing some real heavy iron around..
:firedevil:

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should i wait that long even if it's just a strain?
well, just a strain, im sure that is fine to just run the gear. just be mindful of pain and the level of it.

some compounds can make tendon issues worse and others can make them disappear.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If your looking for a product to help with any joint/tendon issues you may have then I suggest you take a look at Achilles from us an Antaeus Labs. Nothing but great reviews on the product and it is dosed very well to suit your needs.

From another forum....

From here..
^^^^ good product! I'm actually on Achilles right now :) I've had major hip flexor issues during squats for a long time, a week into Achilles and I can't even feel it anymore.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
should i wait that long even if it's just a strain?
If you are incapable of lifting how you did before the injury then I would hold off on the gear. I had tendonitis in my elbow and waited six months before running my osta/s4 cycle and now I kind of wish I had held off just a bit longer since my elbow still wasn't 100%.

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't run Hdrol! My joints and tendons were a complete wreck for months. Run or stack Trestabolan. It will keep you nice and wet.

J

jking4

well, just a strain, im sure that is fine to just run the gear. just be mindful of pain and the level of it.

some compounds can make tendon issues worse and others can make them disappear.
I'm hoping it's just a strain. but thanks for the advice man.

J

jking4

If you are incapable of lifting how you did before the injury then I would hold off on the gear. I had tendonitis in my elbow and waited six months before running my osta/s4 cycle and now I kind of wish I had held off just a bit longer since my elbow still wasn't 100%.
damn 6 months for tendonitis :(

J

jking4

From another forum....

From here..
I will definitely have to check that out. much appreciated.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
damn 6 months for tendonitis :(
I had it pretty bad, it started as a nagging pain and i stupidly tried to push through. One day I was doing pullups and I felt a sharp shooting pain that immediately made me let go of the bar. For the first month I had trouble holding a cup of coffee without it hurting a bit.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I've had elbow tendonitis for a long time due to boxing, and various cissus products have helped to ease that pain. I started using Joint Help back in I think February and it has been working amazingly well. I like to use Joint Force with it also.

R

rphash49

Awards
I would wait till it is fully healed. On gear your strength will increase and you will be tempted to increase weight and reps that your tendon may not be ready for.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would wait till it is fully healed. On gear your strength will increase and you will be tempted to increase weight and reps that your tendon may not be ready for.
This. When a tendon or ligament FEELS fine after an injury it's still probably not fully healed yet. I've been down this road a bunch and my best advice would be, two weeks AFTER you feel good then it's probably healed up.

Littlefry

Littlefry

Awards
Thanks for the support man! Achilles is a great product. Most users report joint/tendon improvement within 2 weeks of use. Glad to see it is working well for you. I think joint/tendon health is an issue overlooked by a lot of the fitness/bodybuilding community. With either heavy lifting ex. powerlifting, oly lifting, 5/3/1 etc... or hypertrophy oriented programs focusing on volume either way your joints/tendons can take a beating. Utilizing a joint/tendon product such as Achilles will help with any potential issues from arises as well as helping to aid in prior joint/tendon damage. Taking care of one's joints/tendons can help to prolong lifting into one's later years.

^^^^ good product! I'm actually on Achilles right now :) I've had major hip flexor issues during squats for a long time, a week into Achilles and I can't even feel it anymore.

J

jking4

I've had elbow tendonitis for a long time due to boxing, and various cissus products have helped to ease that pain. I started using Joint Help back in I think February and it has been working amazingly well. I like to use Joint Force with it also.
thanks for the info man. after about a week of cissus it's really helped with pain however it's still noticeable . my insurance didn't approve the mri...they made me get a ct first.......logic?.... so now i have to wait for ct the comback negative to get the MRI......UGH!!!

J

jking4

This. When a tendon or ligament FEELS fine after an injury it's still probably not fully healed yet. I've been down this road a bunch and my best advice would be, two weeks AFTER you feel good then it's probably healed up.
I'm going to wait for a full month of being pain free. not risking it. I just started this thread because I want to get an idea of how long I have to wait.