Methly-tren 550 or( 7a-methyl-estra-4-ene-3,17-dione)

bballCollege

Banned
Awards
Gentech Pharma Labs - METHYL TREN 550 is just a redo of Mentabolan just with a large dose per capsule (double the amount). The 7a-methyl-estra-4-ene-3,17-dione is a nandrolone deriv so highly anabolic resulting in good gains in strength and size. Relatively new compound so not a lot of info out there as yet but here's a littlre write up:

Mentabolan - MENTdione

Nomenclature:
7a-methyl-estra-4-en-3,17-dione

Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio:
960 : 165 - 510 vs testosterone by oral administration [1]

Synonyms:
7a-methyl-19-norandrostenedione, Mentabolan, MENT dione, Trestione.

History:
This is a brand new prohormone from PHF/IBE, never seen before on the prohormone or pharmaceutical market. It was synthesized and tested for anabolic and androgenic activity in rats in 1963 [1].

Function:
This is a prohormone to the black-market bodybuilding steroid and experimental contraceptive Trestolone, aka MENT. It's been described on some internet forums as "MENT dione", however since MENT is short for 7a-Methyl 19-Nor-Testosterone, this compound could more accurately be described as 7a-Methyl-19-Nor-Androstenedione, and given an acronym of it's own like MENAD or MENORAD.

Structure:
This prohormone is a "19-nor", or nandrolone derivative, and differs from nandrolone in that this hormone has a 17-ketone, where nandrolone has a 17b-hydroxy function, and also has the addition of a 7a-methyl group. In the same way as "Boladrol" is a 7a-methylated dione version of methyl testosterone, this compound is a 7a-methylated dione version of nandrolone. Please don't confuse this compound (or the target steroid) with the widely-feared mibolerone, a.k.a. "cheque drops", which is a 17a-methylated version of trestolone (or dimethylated nandrolone).

Effects:
Effects should be similar to the injectable trestolone acetate. It's a strongly anabolic, moderately androgenic compound which should elicit significant strength gains and increased accumulation of muscle mass at an appropriate dosage.

Side Effects:
Side-effects may include those common to anabolic androgenic steroids, including but not limited to: blood pressure increases, HPTA disruption, adverse shifts in lipoprotein subfractions (increased HDL, lowered LDL cholesterol), acne, hair growth or loss. This product should not be used by women or teens. There's evidence that MENT aromatizes to some degree [2], so the gyno-prone may wish to either avoid this compound or co-administer an aromatase inhibitor (AI) or selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).

One side-effect that many might fear from this compound is the loss of libido and/or erectile dysfunction often seen with 19-nor derivatives (known colloquially as "deca-dick"). On the contrary, tests conducted with the target hormone trestolone (MENT) have found that it had a positive mood, libido, and erection-stimulating effect similar to that of testosterone [3], though this may not necessarily hold true with the supraphysiological doses used by bodybuilders.

Metabolism and Bioavailability:
As mentioned, this is a "dione" prohormone. In the body the ketone at C17 will be hydrolysed by 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17b-HSD1) into the active compound trestolone (MENT). Trestolone itself has been shown to be roughly 6 times as anabolic as methyl test by oral administration, and around 2.5 times as androgenic [4].

Unlike steroids like testosterone and DHT, trestolone shows no affinity for SHBG [5], so all of the converted compound in circulation should be bioavailable. For the same reason, it's likely to have a short terminal half-life so frequent dosing is suggested.

As most will know, testosterone and similar delta-4 steroids are typically converted to stronger compounds like DHT and DHT derivatives by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5AR). 19-nor compounds are an exception to this rule, with 5a-reduced nandrolone (or 19-nor DHT) being a far less potent androgen than nandrolone itself [6]. The 7a-methylation of trestolone (and by extension mentabolan) hinders the reduction of this double bond, so delta 5(10) isomers are a major excreted metabolite [7]. This means that the 7a-methyl group not only makes the compound stronger by increasing androgen receptor affinity [8], but also reduces the ability of the body's enzymes to break it down into weaker metabolites.

The addition of the 7a-methyl group has a flattening effect on the molecule which improves androgen receptor binding [8]. MENT is a strong compound for several reasons (including as previously discussed steric hindrance to 5a-reduction, and an inability to bind with SHBG), but the primary reason for its strength is the increased androgen receptor affinity caused by the conformational changes of the 7a-methyl group [9]. The same will be true of the prohormone to MENT; Mentabolan.

References:
[1] Steroids 1, 299 (1963)
[2] J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994 Feb;48(2-3):297-304.
[3] J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Oct;84(10):3556-62.
[4] Acta Endocrinologica, Vol 43, Issue 3, 399-411
[5] J Androl. 1997 Jul-Aug;18(4):352-8.
[6] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 53, Issues 1-6, 1995, 253-257
[7] Recent advances in doping analysis (12). Sport und Buch Strauß, Köln (2004) 261-268
[8] Steroids. 2009 Feb;74(2):172-97.
[9] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 71, Issues 5-6, 1999, 213-222

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thats just a copy and paste from the prohormone database...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
But you don't think people could google it for themselves? What makes this so special compared to the plethora of other compounds available? Not to mention it is LONG, plagiarized and very unlikely people will read it in its entirety. If you had summed it up and provided a dosing scheme and compiled a list of other compounds then it would be a worthwhile read; but it isn't.

bballCollege

Banned
Awards
But you don't think people could google it for themselves? What makes this so special compared to the plethora of other compounds available? Not to mention it is LONG, plagiarized and very unlikely people will read it in its entirety. If you had summed it up and provided a dosing scheme and compiled a list of other compounds then it would be a worthwhile read; but it isn't.
Why the hell do you care so much about what i post? Just leave it be, be mature about this an if you have complaints, talk it over with a admin or a mod. Leave me be man im not hurting anyone.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats just a copy and paste from the prohormone database...
Is it? Looks like a profile from henry v.

Normally PhD is a crappy place to get ph info. Better info on bb.com

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why the hell do you care so much about what i post? Just leave it be, be mature about this an if you have complaints, talk it over with a admin or a mod. Leave me be man im not hurting anyone.
You posted this as if you spent the hours researching and writing it.
Give credit were it's due bro.
Lots of info on menadione. I've posted a number of times about it

bballCollege

Banned
Awards
I thought we couldnt post source links?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought we couldnt post source links?
Not to competing forms. But you can say, " I got this from xyz..."

Also, a quick search on anabolic minds or google will give you lots of info on the compound.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is it? Looks like a profile from henry v.

Normally PhD is a crappy place to get ph info. Better info on bb.com
Yeah it was the first thing that came up for MENT lol. I had a feeling that it would be.

This.

That is why I called you out for it otherwise you might end up doing it for every compound in PhD and spam the forum; i'm not saying you would but your own interpretation of the available data would be better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Whacked Anabolics 18
Supplements 2
Supplements 3
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 0