HDROL or Epi or.....DMZ ??

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
This will be my 2nd methylated cycle

I ran hdrol last year and got so-so results.My thought was to try Epi now but If Epi is going to be very similar I think I'd like to take the leap and get some DMZ. Ive heard great things. Do some really experience a big variance in results from Epi to Hdrol?

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
And please educate me on why a 10/60 dbol cycle does not work. It seems plausible to me based on what I've read and some testimonies.

rphash49

Awards
What is your goal with this cycle?

Epi vs dmz from my experience. May be different for others based on diet, training, etc

Strength - Epi
Aggression - dmz
Lean mass - epi
Total mass - dmz
Water retention- dmz (epi is very dry-drink lots of water)
Liver toxic- dmz (epi is less toxic but still toxic)
Cycle length- dmz 4 wks, Epi 6 wks

If you are trying to bulk and build mass go dmz. If you are on a cut/recomp go epi

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never ran hdrol but I've read a lot of negative reviews
Hdrol is good. Anyone who complains about it doesn't workout right. Period. That's for the other two as well. All three are very good in their own

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
What is your goal with this cycle?

Epi vs dmz from my experience. May be different for others based on diet, training, etc

Strength - Epi
Aggression - dmz
Lean mass - epi
Total mass - dmz
Water retention- dmz (epi is very dry-drink lots of water)
Liver toxic- dmz (epi is less toxic but still toxic)
Cycle length- dmz 4 wks, Epi 6 wks

If you are trying to bulk and build mass go dmz. If you are on a cut/recomp go epi
Thanks. I do understand the diff between them and that yes, DMZ is a dimeth. I'm more asking thar if I didn't notice much progress with hdrol should I jump to DMZ or give Epi a shot.

Total LBM after PCT is my goal, I'm under 10% finally and look great. I'm looking to do what everyone wants haha... muscle without fat. That's all diet and training, I know. But is it safe to say Epi gains are more easily kept?

rphash49

Awards
Hdrol is good. Anyone who complains about it doesn't workout right. Period. That's for the other two as well. All three are very good in their own
The negative is usually coming from people running 1st cycles so you are probably right but even reviews from experienced ppl say the gains are so minimal its not worth it. I'm a big epi. The strength gains while on cycle are ridiculous. My bench goes up 15-20lbs while on cycle. Short lived but fun as hell

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Hdrol seems like it was going to be a great run but my lifts didn't go up at all after week three and back pumps were awful. Couldn't sprint, squat, or DL for more than a set or two even on 6-10g of taurine.

I did have a few people notice me getting "bigger" so maybe it being a first cycle I was thinking that it was easily going to "change" me. In reality... its mostly baby steps unless you are on heavy gear I guess. I did gain 12 but lost 4-6. The 12 was def not all muscle either.

My training has always been good and I've gained natty for years.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Would you say if you get bad back pumps from one... you will get bad pumps from them all?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you say if you get bad back pumps from one... you will get bad pumps from them all?
No not really. Different compounds.

That can be fixed with lots of water, taurine, and bananas. I never had bad back pumps from them that I couldn't bare it. You should be fine, not something to worry about

rphash49

Awards
Very possible.

Epi doesnt give me back pumps but dmz sure does.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I had great results with Hdrol. Ran two cycles (my first one I gained 25lbs, but only kept 15lbs after pct). The second cycle was less pronounced but I had different goals, it wasn't just to bulk.

I'm just now finishing up an Epi cycle. I gained 12 lbs and my strength shot way up, while eating at a deficit. We'll see what I hold onto after PCT, but I'm counting on a solid recomp out of this.

As far as back pumps are concerned, it's different with each compound and each person running it. I had none on Hdrol or Epi (my buddy has them pretty good on Epi right now). I'm running about 4g of taurine a day, and my buddy is running none, so that's probably a factor. However, I had horrible back pumps on Pmag and I was running up to 8g a day to try to combat it and ended up stopping my cycle a week early because I couldn't even stand up straight.

If you want a recomp as you mentioned, I would go with Epi, but as with anything, your results may vary. I have read that the ratio of non-responders to Epi is higher than other compounds.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
No not really. Different compounds.

That can be fixed with lots of water, taurine, and bananas. I never had bad back pumps from them that I couldn't bare it. You should be fine, not something to worry about
I hope not. Hdrol gave me horrible pumps like I was saying above.

Im REAL tall and I used to get them riding BMX so I actually sorta knew what they were before experiencing them... sure enough, same exact feeling only way brutal. Ill just have to suck it up. I did 100mg before I even got used to 75 also so that's pretty amateur and may have contributed.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
I had great results with Hdrol. Ran two cycles (my first one I gained 25lbs, but only kept 15lbs after pct). The second cycle was less pronounced but I had different goals, it wasn't just to bulk.

I'm just now finishing up an Epi cycle. I gained 12 lbs and my strength shot way up, while eating at a deficit. We'll see what I hold onto after PCT, but I'm counting on a solid recomp out of this.

As far as back pumps are concerned, it's different with each compound and each person running it. I had none on Hdrol or Epi (my buddy has them pretty good on Epi right now). I'm running about 4g of taurine a day, and my buddy is running none, so that's probably a factor. However, I had horrible back pumps on Pmag and I was running up to 8g a day to try to combat it and ended up stopping my cycle a week early because I couldn't even stand up straight.

If you want a recomp as you mentioned, I would go with Epi, but as with anything, your results may vary. I have read that the ratio of non-responders to Epi is higher than other compounds.
Thanks man, great info. Im pretty lean right now Im sorta looking for straight up mass at this point. I'm pretty temped from all the DMZ logs I've been reading... but I wouldn't want to have worse pumps... it would stop my run for sure it if was worse than hella.

And also I feel I won't hold my DMZ gains as well as I prob could Epi or even Hella again.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Seems like generally, people get worse back pumps from SD or DMZ than hdrol or Epi. I may just try a run of Epi this time around...

Dunamis1

Dunamis1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't a huge fan of epi. May have been cause I had previously ran a SD cycle. Like stated above by others it really depends on your goals and how much muscle you want to gain cause honestly you will gain more from DMZ, plain and simple at the expense of more toxicity.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wasn't a huge fan of epi. May have been cause I had previously ran a SD cycle. Like stated above by others it really depends on your goals and how much muscle you want to gain cause honestly you will gain more from DMZ, plain and simple at the expense of more toxicity.
This is an extremely old thread