1-test/4AD

GottaMakeIt

Awards
hey guys
I started a 2 month 1-test/4AD cycle today. My goal is an all out cut. Below is my diet. Please critique(sp?) it. If I should add/drop anything
(weight=230 lbs)

Meal 1:
12 egg whites +oatmeal
Meal 2:
50 gms whey shake
Meal 3:
2 cans tuna+ 2 slices whole wheat bread
Meal 4:
One chicken breast+ boiled vegetables

**workout**
PWO shake- 50 gms whey+gatorade

Meal 5
one chicken breast+white rice
Meal 6
2 cans tuna
Meal 7 (before bed)
50 gms whey shake

Im trying to keep carbs as low as possible
Ill be lifting 5-6 days a week. Cardio will be done after workouts,30-45 mins low intensity

Comments?

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
hey guys
I started a 2 month 1-test/4AD cycle today. My goal is an all out cut. Below is my diet. Please critique(sp?) it. If I should add/drop anything
(weight=230 lbs)

Meal 1:
12 egg whites +oatmeal
Meal 2:
50 gms whey shake
Meal 3:
Meal 4:

**workout**

Meal 5
Meal 6
2 cans tuna
Meal 7 (before bed)
50 gms whey shake

Ill be lifting 5-6 days a week. Cardio will be done after workouts,30-45 mins low intensity

Comments?
substitute brown rice for white rice in your meal 5

Substitute micellar protein for whey protein in meal seven

cardio would be best on days when you arent lifting, but if you HAVE to do it post workout you might want to consider having a shake in between your lifting and cardio. Again I'd really advise to not do them on the same day.

For the future, there are definitely better choices of ph's than 1-T for cutting.

Good luck!

GottaMakeIt

Awards
substitute brown rice for white rice in your meal 5

Substitute micellar protein for whey protein in meal seven

DONE!:thumbsup: .

any other suggestions?? help me out guys!

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
any other suggestions?? help me out guys!
a 230lb man taking in ~2200 calories/day for 8 weeks with cardio 5-6 times a week....no amount of hormonal substances will keep you from dropping alot of muscle...especially with 3 liquid meals a day. have you ever gone low carb before (you're planning for less than 200g/day)? if not, have fun in the gym. you might want to rethink your cycle...maybe a little more conservative.

GottaMakeIt

Awards
a 230lb man taking in ~2200 calories/day for 8 weeks with cardio 5-6 times a week....no amount of hormonal substances will keep you from dropping alot of muscle...especially with 3 liquid meals a day. have you ever gone low carb before (you're planning for less than 200g/day)? if not, have fun in the gym. you might want to rethink your cycle...maybe a little more conservative.
Hm maybe im mistaken but isnt it ten times ur bodyweight in calories recommended for losing bodyfat? so 230 X10=2300 cals.
Plus Im using a strong anticatabolic like 1-test,, shouldnt that help preserve lean mass?.. I could be wrong

What would u suggest I do instead?

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hm maybe im mistaken but isnt it ten times ur bodyweight in calories recommended for losing bodyfat? so 230 X10=2300 cals.
Plus Im using a strong anticatabolic like 1-test,, shouldnt that help preserve lean mass?.. I could be wrong

When I'm cutting I usually go with 14Xmy bodyweight for a few weeks and depending how much fat im losing I might drop it to 12X my body weight. I never go to 10.

Sorry for not catching the calories earlier, good catch thebrakes

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards

try calories @ 10x your bodyweight while training heavily....you'll see why.

personally, i'd maybe do 2 slices of buttered 100% whole wheat toast with 2 of those protein shakes. carbs & fiber help to digest and slow the whey down, plus you feel much fuller....add a yam to both chicken meals, maybe some beans....just for starters...you can keep cals reasonable but GI low and still lose lots of fat.

1-test is anabolic but it wont preserve muscle on this much of a caloric deficit PLUS cardio. i'd say keep eating solidly and just do all that cardio you were talking about...add a DHT derivative and/or MOHN and you'll have a great cutter.

also, on a sidenote - does anyone actually eat the same thing every day??? everyone writes their diet out like this but i couldnt fathom the tedium of the same food every day.

b-boy

Awards
hey guys
(weight=230 lbs)

Meal 1:
12 egg whites +oatmeal
Meal 2:
50 gms whey shake
Meal 3:
Meal 4:

**workout**

Meal 5
Meal 6
2 cans tuna
Meal 7 (before bed)
50 gms whey shake

Comments?
your diet is actually ok, bro, just try and cyle your carb days, this one above being a low carb day, then have a medium carb day then a carb up day, white rice is fine in the post workout meal , with that low of carbs it will all go to your muscle's especially post workout! You can acutally add another say... one cup of oatmeal to meal 6, just keep the time between post workout shake and meal 6 as short as possible, this diet is acutally alot like mine except the things I have added here, and i have some fat from olive oil, nat.peanut butter or fish oil in my first few meals to keep my cals a tad higher than yours..LOL but i have quite a bit of muscle, and i actually don't have any carbs except post workout and meals after, and i get ripped just fine :thumbsup:
this will be the diet i use to prepare for junior nationals this june! :cheers:

GottaMakeIt

Awards
your diet is actually ok, bro, just try and cyle your carb days, this one above being a low carb day, then have a medium carb day then a carb up day, white rice is fine in the post workout meal , with that low of carbs it will all go to your muscle's especially post workout! You can acutally add another say... one cup of oatmeal to meal 6, just keep the time between post workout shake and meal 6 as short as possible, this diet is acutally alot like mine except the things I have added here, and i have some fat from olive oil, nat.peanut butter or fish oil in my first few meals to keep my cals a tad higher than yours..LOL but i have quite a bit of muscle, and i actually don't have any carbs except post workout and meals after, and i get ripped just fine :thumbsup:
this will be the diet i use to prepare for junior nationals this june! :cheers:
wow ,, u compete. :box:
Can you post your diet if its not too much trouble.. but not the one the u use to get to under 5% BF, The the one you *would* use to get to around 8-10% , because thats what my goal is. Im especially confused what carb sources you would add on a high carb days..with what meals.
Im currently around 16%:frustrate

b-boy

Awards
wow ,, u compete. :box:
Can you post your diet if its not too much trouble.. but not the one the u use to get to under 5% BF, The the one you *would* use to get to around 8-10% , because thats what my goal is. Im especially confused what carb sources you would add on a high carb days..with what meals.
Im currently around 16%:frustrate
eat the same as you are currently, except on a medium carb day add about another 100 to 150 grms of carbs and on a high day add about 200 - 400 depending on your energy levels and how flat you look, the leaner you get you may have to increase the number of low carb days just a little. carb sources I use are white and brown rice, yams, oatmeal (eat this the most) and some raisin bran on my high carb days and red potatoes. say on a low carb day you would have your first carbs post workout (200 grms) and then meal 5 another 100 then meal 6 another 50 grms meal 7 protein only. medium day add another 100 grams to meal 5 and another say 50 to meal 6..
on a high carb day have 200 post workout, 150 meal 5, 150 meal 6, 150 meal 7. now this is just a rough draw, you will have to manipulate these numbers to where you are loosing at least one to two pounds per week. if you are truly serious about this then i would put together a little money and try and hire bobo, he'll help you a lot, if you want to rough it yourself then this is just a guideline. I keep my protein at about 1.8 times my bodyweight, you will be ok with 1 to 1.5, my protein turnover rate is a little higher than yours...LOL...

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
try calories @ 10x your bodyweight while training heavily....you'll see why.

personally, i'd maybe do 2 slices of buttered 100% whole wheat toast with 2 of those protein shakes. carbs & fiber help to digest and slow the whey down, plus you feel much fuller....add a yam to both chicken meals, maybe some beans....just for starters...you can keep cals reasonable but GI low and still lose lots of fat.

1-test is anabolic but it wont preserve muscle on this much of a caloric deficit PLUS cardio. i'd say keep eating solidly and just do all that cardio you were talking about...add a DHT derivative and/or MOHN and you'll have a great cutter.

also, on a sidenote - does anyone actually eat the same thing every day??? everyone writes their diet out like this but i couldnt fathom the tedium of the same food every day.
Thebreaks, while cutting I usually stick to the same diet. Obviously not to a tee, but if I right down what I eat, I can bet I eat 80% of what I wrote down. Also, everyone's body is different. Also, some people don't mind sacrificing *some* muscle for the leaner look. I'm an easy gainer, but it's rather hard for me to cut. I follow a similar diet to gottamakeit. I also lift 5 days a week w/ cardio after I lift everytime. I also use HIIT in the morning for 10-15 minutes to get me metabolism going. I do lose strenght, but I think it's tougher for a person having to cut very hard and w/o the use of PH's etc. and keep or gain strength. Just my school of though.

BTW, I thought 1t/4ad was highly regarded as a cycle for cutting?

BAD_MO_FO

Awards
1-test for cut

I think 1-test will works great for a cut. You could probably cut and even put on a little muscle in the process. I would take 1-test trans or cyp over any of the methyls for a cut including m4ohn or mdien. The only problem is more likely than not you will be miserable without any 4ad. Which is why I would do a ratio of 2mg of 1-test to 1 mg of 4ad. Watchout though some people pack on the bloat with 4ad. It doesn't seem to have that affect on me. I have also seen a few threads of guys mixing 1-test with m4ohn and having pretty good results.

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
Thebreaks, while cutting I usually stick to the same diet. Obviously not to a tee, but if I right down what I eat, I can bet I eat 80% of what I wrote down. Also, everyone's body is different. Also, some people don't mind sacrificing *some* muscle for the leaner look. I'm an easy gainer, but it's rather hard for me to cut. I follow a similar diet to gottamakeit. I also lift 5 days a week w/ cardio after I lift everytime. I also use HIIT in the morning for 10-15 minutes to get me metabolism going. I do lose strenght, but I think it's tougher for a person having to cut very hard and w/o the use of PH's etc. and keep or gain strength. Just my school of though.

BTW, I thought 1t/4ad was highly regarded as a cycle for cutting?
fair enough - a person's metabolism plays an important role in how they diet, of course. but judging by the tone of the original post i got the impression that the guy wasnt used to seriously carb-restricted diets. you gotta BE READY if you're gonna drop carbs below 200g/day while doing all that training and cardio.

1-T is great for cutting....4-ad is not, and 1-T without 4-ad can be tough. i've never used 1-T/MOHN but like BAD MO FO said some users have reported good results. seems to me the best option would be 4OHT but man that stuff is expensive. i plan to stack 1-T with MOHN and MDHT for my cutter(s)....probably clen too....gonna keep diet right where it is and do cardio 4x/week. to each his own. try what you think will work and listen to your body.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
Thebrakes, why don't you use 4ad w/ 1t and just wait for the bloat to go away?

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why 4ad would be a problem with 1test while dieting. Yes i know he will bloat some(how much seems to vary from person to person) but in the end he will drop the water and would not have felt like **** while on cycle from the 1test(If it has that side effect on him). it would come down to whether or not he cared if he bloated a little bit while on cycle.

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
I don't see why 4ad would be a problem with 1test while dieting. Yes i know he will bloat some(how much seems to vary from person to person) but in the end he will drop the water and would not have felt like **** while on cycle from the 1test(If it has that side effect on him). it would come down to whether or not he cared if he bloated a little bit while on cycle.
i guess you're right...but i still wont be using 4-ad if i can avoid during my cutting cycles. remember the aromatization ups the estrogen and that can hold you back in the fat loss department....yeah running letro will kill that (even at a small dose) if you want to spend the money for it...guess it wouldnt be too much at that low dose....

just trying to think how water retention would affect fat loss....i cant really make a connection.

oh and if anyone is curious i found some 4OHT gelcaps - 6g for $28, not too bad. PM me for the link.