Need to INCREASE estrogen?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
I got blood work done. My prolactin levels came back high (in the 20s) and estrogen/estradiol both below the lowest normal range. Testosterone also came back around 330 on the 250 scale, but I assume it's low because of prolactin levels.

I have no sex drive. Well, barely anyway. Not like I used to. How would one increase estrogen?

ajntorinj

Awards
Increase your testosterone and more will aromatize into estrogen. As far as I know, prolactin does not inhibit testosterone production, but it does decrease libido. Why not post your labs?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Prolactin: 21.60 on a scale of 2.60-13.10

Testosterone: 332 on a scale of 250-1200

Estrone: <10 on a scale of 10-60
Estradiol 11 on a scale of 10-40

Prolactin does cause low test. IDK if the lack of estrogen or high prolactin is hurting sex drive so bad

ajntorinj

Awards
Estrone: <10 on a scale of 10-60
Estradiol 11 on a scale of 10-40

Prolactin does cause low test. IDK if the lack of estrogen or high prolactin is hurting sex drive so bad
Yes, I did a small bit of reading, and you are correct. I am on TRT, so I never checked out the linkage between prolactin and sex hormones.

Have you been scanned for a prolactinoma? Neither the lower E2 nor the prolactin is helping your libido.

You could try caber or prami to lower the prolactin (decreased P raises T raises E). Did a doctor order these labs for you? If so, does he have any kind of treatment in mind (I would guess not, since you are here asking and only mildly above range on prolactin)?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
I snagged dostinex (cabergoline) and started it about 3 days ago. I hear you start feeling it around day 7.

I would advise you to take clomid versus injections for HRT. That stuff messes you up forever

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I snagged dostinex (cabergoline) and started it about 3 days ago. I hear you start feeling it around day 7.

I would advise you to take clomid versus injections for HRT. That stuff messes you up forever
I feel caber straight away....the pro sexual effects at least.

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Lol well do you have high prolactin levels like I do?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what are you taking to increase testosterone?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Nothing right now. Going to go on clomid after this tbol cycle. Started tbol about 3 days ago. Going to run for 4.5 weeks then head to clomid and stay on it.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Lol well do you have high prolactin levels like I do?
I may have, I took it while on 300mg deca (known to elevate prolactin).....but my estrogen actually was/is sky high....my prolactin NOW is only a 7, not bad...but not fantastic I suppose. I have some caber here because I thought my prolactin was elevated, but labs showed it was estrogen. I will pop some of the caber while not on the deca, and see what happens in a month or so....I want to clear up my estrogen first and see if that brings back my libido. Using arimidex and forma together then I'll taper it down later, gotta get it down to reasonable levels first with 1mg arimidex EOD and 100mg forma ED (it was off the charts at 165, using total estrogen scale)