delts spew gear wtf?

rabz

rabz

Awards
I've used 5/8ths and 1inch 25gauge pins and it seems like I always have some oil leak from my delt shots. Proper procedure is followed. Tried leaving pin in my delt after the shot for a few seconds too just to let it settle. Nothing's working. It prolly ain't a big deal but I hate to lose any gear lol. Any suggestions? I'm apprehensive to jam a 1.5 incher in there. Thanks bros.

brichards322

Awards
You could try to inject using what's called the "Z-track" method. I'm a nurse and we use this method for certain meds and injections. Basically you pull back (slide it to one side) the skin, inject, then let go of the skin. Google it for a better description.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
What he said

I started doing z track technique on my own without knowing it existed than in nursing school I'm like ohhhh yea that's squeeze-n-pin technique lol.

Also maybe 1.25in needle and mayb 1.5 if ur big dude. And try to pin the oil in segments like pin .5 cc wait 10sec and pin the rest.

gymrat727

gymrat727

Awards
How long does it take you to pin from the moment it breaks skin? I always take around 40 seconds for each pin

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I've pinned delts and haven't had this problem but I believe in pushing the juice in very slowly so it can find a place to go. Haven't been pinning long but I'm only using 1" 25g needles and haven't had this issue yet.

rabz

rabz

Awards
Thanks a ton for all the responses! I usually take 15-20 seconds for a half cc. I may give the ztrack a try for sure. Thank you so much. Reps coming for your responses!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Inject, then pull 1/4 out and wait 5 seconds, then another 1/4 out and so on until the needle is completely out. If that doesn't work, just apply pressure immediately after withdrawing the needle with a cotton ball. Z track is ok, but only really easy to do on yourself if pinning quads.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
Yea ztrack is meant to be performed on a person by another person. It's hard to do it in delts.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I pin delts with a 23g 1"....never had that problem....hope it works out for you

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another Nurse here, I had the same problem a year ago.
I rotated more sites in. Vastus Lateralis will give you a foot of room to develop scar tissue vs the small surface area of the delt appropriate for pinning...

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I hate pinning legs, they stay sore longer and I feel it all day

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could try to inject using what's called the "Z-track" method. I'm a nurse and we use this method for certain meds and injections. Basically you pull back (slide it to one side) the skin, inject, then let go of the skin. Google it for a better description.
This

rabz

rabz

Awards
Just an update. I started using a 1.5 inch pin and going in deeper and haven't had any issues. Thanks again for all the advice.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The following are ways to avoid most injection problems:

1. Go deep.
2. Use name brand pins.
3. Inject evenly paced.
4. I pull the skin tight, as expressed in the z-track method.
5. Heat the oil.
6. Pull out evenly paced, straight out.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^agreed^ on all points
However, I have only used name brand pins and for me personally, with multiple injects a week, delts are not enough, even for 10-12 weeks. Rotation is critical for me. This may not apply to those who may have assistance w z track and other precautions in place.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^agreed^ on all points
However, I have only used name brand pins and for me personally, with multiple injects a week, delts are not enough, even for 10-12 weeks. Rotation is critical for me. This may not apply to those who may have assistance w z track and other precautions in place.
Actually, it should just be an additional point in my post. Rotation is very important.

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Awards
I jabbed my left front delt with 3 ml Test C/EQ last night. 25 ga 1" pin. I have never had a problem with blow back. Just push really really slow. Then again, it depends on how much muscle you have in your delts.

TheKing7

Awards
I have fairly large delts and always had some leakage with a 25 g 1". I always injected slowly and left it in for about 20-30 seconds after the injection to allow the oil to disperse within the muscle. It's hard as hell to use the z track method on the delts so that reallt wasn't an option. I switched it up to a 25 g 1.5" and don't go all the way in, just stop at about 1.25" and haven't had any leakage since.

Viking23

Awards
Look into the z track method to avoid spewing gear..

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
To pin delts using z-trac, place shoulder gently against a wall, move the skin over a bit, inject, let skin go back into place.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Don't need anything longer than 1" for delts or anywhere else really. If you got that much fat on your delts, or glutes even, you shouldn't be doing steroids.

TheKing7

Awards
Don't need anything longer than 1" for delts or anywhere else really. If you got that much fat on your delts, or glutes even, you shouldn't be doing steroids.
Who said anything about having that much fat on their delts? I use 1.5 in. and don't got all the way in. It is preference for me and works just fine and my delts are far from fat.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Who said anything about having that much fat on their delts? I use 1.5 in. and don't got all the way in. It is preference for me and works just fine and my delts are far from fat.
Wasn't implying anyone had fat delts. You don't need them it's a preference. Was just saying if someone needed them they probably shouldn't be using steroids.

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
I jabbed my left front delt with 3 ml Test C/EQ last night. 25 ga 1" pin. I have never had a problem with blow back. Just push really really slow. Then again, it depends on how much muscle you have in your delts.

TheKing7

Awards
Wasn't implying anyone had fat delts. You don't need them it's a preference. Was just saying if someone needed them they probably shouldn't be using steroids.
Got ya man. I was half asleep and probably took it wrong hah. My bad.