ArA On Cycle or During PCT

AngryOldMan

Awards
Getting ready to do my next cycle - MSten and Stano. It's my fifth cycle and have pretty much everything down. However, I wanted to include some ArA on this cycle, but I've read differing opinions on its best use when combining it with a PH cycle. Basically, what's everyone's opinion on these three options?

1. Take during my cycle to take advantage of the increased recovery/protein synthesis
2. Take during PCT to help keep gains
3. Since 7 weeks is the recommended/typical ArA run, take during the last three weeks of my cycle and during my 4 week PCT

Any opinions/experiences are welcomed.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I used it during off-time (in other words not on cycle and not in PCT) along with OTC type cycles (with anabeta, reduce xt, stuff like that). I wouldn't use it on cycle ever though, but during PCT sounds like a fantastic idea. I am on TRT so no PCT for me anymore, but I'd jump on that opportunity if I were in PCT.....or even post-PCT like I was saying earlier, on an off-time OTC supp cycle. You might want to ask over in supps though to get Mr. Cooper and those guys opinion, which would be more scientific as opposed to anecdotal, in regards to the effectiveness of the timing for when to take the ArA.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would go with option 3. That's just personal opinion though. Just think it would be most beneficial that way. On the other hand during PCT you need all the help you can get, so that might be a better option. It would be interesting to test it out during your cycle though just to see how it goes.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Go all in PCT or cycle on its own

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
Not sure about ArA; I read this on another forum about its effects on fatty acids:

"Omega-6 fatty acids are metabolized in the body to become Arachidonic Acid. Arachidonic Acid is a precursor to pro-inflammatory eicosanoids, or hormone-like substances that increase inflammation in the body. While redness, heat, swelling and pain are the more commonly-known products of inflammation, a lesser known product is the dysfunction of the organ involved. Elevated levels of arachidonic acid in the brain actually cause dysfunction of the brain, thus causing depression! Or ADHD. Or Alzheimers. The list goes on and on. So how do the omega-3 fatty acids fit in?

To put things simply, the omega-3 fatty acids compete with the omega-6 fatty acids for the chemicals required to convert the omega-6s into arachidonic acid, effectively neutralizing them. We need inflammation for when an infection or injury occurs, but we also need the omega-3s to allow the inflammation to subside. When you have a balance of the two, you remain well. When you have too many omega-6s and too few omega-3s, inflammation proliferates and so does dysfunction of the inflammed organs. What then happens from the system-wide inflammation is system-wide dysfunction, resulting in not just depression, but eventually also heart disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Type II (Adult-Onset) Diabetes, ADHD and a host of other diseases."

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Not sure about ArA; I read this on another forum about its effects on fatty acids:

"Omega-6 fatty acids are metabolized in the body to become Arachidonic Acid. Arachidonic Acid is a precursor to pro-inflammatory eicosanoids, or hormone-like substances that increase inflammation in the body. While redness, heat, swelling and pain are the more commonly-known products of inflammation, a lesser known product is the dysfunction of the organ involved. Elevated levels of arachidonic acid in the brain actually cause dysfunction of the brain, thus causing depression! Or ADHD. Or Alzheimers. The list goes on and on. So how do the omega-3 fatty acids fit in?

To put things simply, the omega-3 fatty acids compete with the omega-6 fatty acids for the chemicals required to convert the omega-6s into arachidonic acid, effectively neutralizing them. We need inflammation for when an infection or injury occurs, but we also need the omega-3s to allow the inflammation to subside. When you have a balance of the two, you remain well. When you have too many omega-6s and too few omega-3s, inflammation proliferates and so does dysfunction of the inflammed organs. What then happens from the system-wide inflammation is system-wide dysfunction, resulting in not just depression, but eventually also heart disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Type II (Adult-Onset) Diabetes, ADHD and a host of other diseases."
All this is true, and that is why its recommended to run it for a short course then take a lot of time off. I haven't used the stuff in 6 months, might use it again in a few months or so. I know its also recommended to take your fish oil supp at night if you take the ArA pre-workout to keep them separate. And you can take something OTC for the possible inflammation you might get while on the stuff....I never had this issue personally. And I always took my EPA/DHA supp at night before bed, which works out well with ArA's pre-workout dosing.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

This is the result on prolonged systematic inflammation; not a short, 50 day cycle of ArA. In fact, safety studies have been done on the compound to deem supplementation safe up to 50 days. Not to mention people are often deficient in ArA due to over consumption of n3's and ArA can be used to correct the balance.

Oh, and save for PCT.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I was going to ask about this today, since I have two bottles of ArA waiting for me to devour them! ;)

I'm thinking I'm going to run 100mg of Halodrol (Anabolic Xtreme H-50 for what it's worth) for my first PH cycle for 4 weeks as per the bottles instructions.

I was going to also be taking my usual Cissus XT in the morning, Fish Oil throughout the day and Lecheek Cycle Armour for 8 weeks (4 week cycle and 4 week PCT)

I was then thinking I would move onto to Advanced PCT (Again, Anabolic Xtreme) X-Factor at recommended dosage and some DAA (probably 3g each morning?) for the 4 weeks following (also continuing with my cissus and fish oil of course)

Do you guys think this is sufficient and a good approach? Still doing all my research so appreciate your honest feedback.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I would go 5-6 weeks on hdrol personally. I didn't see a serm listed during pct