Discussion About Mental and Physical Long Term Damage

  1. Registered User
    anaboliks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    60
    Answers
    0

    Discussion About Mental and Physical Long Term Damage


    Hey guys.

    Just curious if anyone has endured what they believe to be some type of permanent change in their body or mind from AAS use. The reason that I ask is because I feel that this may be the case with me. I did a few cycles of M1T about ten years ago. I remember that my life seemed to change at this time. The main change that I observed was that my mind was not as clear. I seemed to have lost a little bit of my edge. Before my cycles I was kind of the center of attention. I became less assertive even in very friendly situations like joking around with friends. My libido changed at this point too. I remember I could get it up several times a night. After the cycle that was no longer the case. My general mental disposition was more down. I have battled with depression off and on since this time but my baseline mood is always a little lower than it was before my cycles. I smile less.

    I have been to several doctors who always gave me the ol "oh your fine treatment". The best help I could get was an antidepressant Rx. I think I finally may have finally found a doctor that will help me with my situation. I have spoken to her for an hour and described all of my symptoms in detail and she is going to bloodwork on absolutely everything. From neurotransmitters to thyroid to sex hormones. I am hoping that this is finally it.

    has anyone experienced any permanent change, no matter how minor?

  2. Banned
    AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,716
    Answers
    0


    I believe the old school ph like androstendione and 1AD Etc. Screwed up my sex drive because i took them when i was young and we did not pct otc stuff back in the day. Libido was never quite the same (not 100% of what it was previous) Also i think clen and stims plus probably to a lesser extent gear caused my heart issue back in the mid-00's.
  3. Registered User
    justmechillin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Answers
    0


    How old were you when you did your 1st cycle??? What was your pct at that time, if any???
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    anaboliks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    60
    Answers
    0


    I was the tender age of 22. I did do a healthy PCT each cycle which consisted of research grade Clomid. I remember my first PCT, I didn't miss a beat and had sex with my girlfriend about 6 times while her parents slept in the next room. Hormones were raging. The second PCT, I had my first bout of ED. It blew my mind. Nothing like that had ever come close to happening before. Ever since then, it was like something was just different.

    I had done alot of research on this board actually. I had a different screen name at that time. I spent hours upon hours researching and reading logs about guys gaining massive amounts on muscle in a short amount of time. It sounded so good.
  5. Registered User
    bubagump's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    75
    Answers
    0


    well hell, you sound just like me... Messed around with AAS around that same age, did some cycles on and off up to age 26 or so then only had access to prohormones that I tried out in my early 30's.. I too have the same down and out kind of fealing, best way I can put it is that I feel blahhhhhhh most of the time. Not really "I want to die/kill myself" depressed just blahhh ,drag my ass kind of fealing.. Sex drive is off too.. I often wonder if its just the "i'm older now" than what I was, 36 now but everything you said is exactly how I feal... From time to time I can get the "oh life is great fealing" but that's not too often.
  6. Registered User
    Matthersby's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,708
    Answers
    0


    It absolutely affects you long term. Your Endocrine system is one of the most incredibly confusing, hard to balance, and bizarre systems in your body... the longer and more complicated the cycle(if you can handle the short term effects, aggression and pct depression) the more likely it will disturb your HPTA balance. The part that makes it worth it to me is if my thyroid needs adjusting, there's medications and herbs. If your Test production never fully recovers, there's replacement therapy which my opinion of is Win/Win! Blast and Cruise. Learning about these things from every angle is critical. These days doctors know less about HPTA than most of us who have read on here or some simple medical studies for 6+ months or more.
  7. Registered User
    Red Fox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    307
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    It absolutely affects you long term. Your Endocrine system is one of the most incredibly confusing, hard to balance, and bizarre systems in your body... the longer and more complicated the cycle(if you can handle the short term effects, aggression and pct depression) the more likely it will disturb your HPTA balance. The part that makes it worth it to me is if my thyroid needs adjusting, there's medications and herbs. If your Test production never fully recovers, there's replacement therapy which my opinion of is Win/Win! Blast and Cruise. Learning about these things from every angle is critical. These days doctors know less about HPTA than most of us who have read on here or some simple medical studies for 6+ months or more.
    LOL this cracked me up. Here we can observe the mental changes (addiction) that can occur from steroidal use.

    I'm not bashing you, surely you yourself would admit you are to some degree dependent. You're awesome though, that mentality was very humorous.

    As for me, my sex drive went down and never came back up after doing 600mg of test then Super DMZ the last few weeks. I believe the DMZ did the damage, really. I've always had high prolactin levels (did MRI, no tumor) so I think that contributes a LOT. I am going monday to do blood work and hopefully start on Dostinex. I have every single symptom (and in some ways, always have) of high prolactin levels. Which previous blood tests have shown I have.
  8. Registered User
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fox View Post
    LOL this cracked me up. Here we can observe the mental changes (addiction) that can occur from steroidal use.

    I'm not bashing you, surely you yourself would admit you are to some degree dependent. You're awesome though, that mentality was very humorous.

    As for me, my sex drive went down and never came back up after doing 600mg of test then Super DMZ the last few weeks. I believe the DMZ did the damage, really. I've always had high prolactin levels (did MRI, no tumor) so I think that contributes a LOT. I am going monday to do blood work and hopefully start on Dostinex. I have every single symptom (and in some ways, always have) of high prolactin levels. Which previous blood tests have shown I have.
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/cancer/206622.html

    Good read re high prolactin in men. Apparently, it is highly unusual.

    I hope this works out for you and anabolics finds a solution as well.
  9. Registered User
    Matthersby's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,708
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fox View Post

    LOL this cracked me up. Here we can observe the mental changes (addiction) that can occur from steroidal use.

    I'm not bashing you, surely you yourself would admit you are to some degree dependent. You're awesome though, that mentality was very humorous.
    I'm confused why you quoted my post while talking addiction/dependence and humor.
  10. Registered User
    Red Fox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    307
    Answers
    0


    Because I was kidding... unless you're actually addicted? In that case I am sorry and mean no offense
  11. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,415
    Answers
    0


    To the OP, I'm just spitballing here but I know your endocrine system doesn't fully mature until your mid 20s, maybe since you jumped into AAS at such a young age you did permanently damage your underdeveloped endocrine system?
  12. Registered User
    justmechillin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    To the OP, I'm just spitballing here but I know your endocrine system doesn't fully mature until your mid 20s, maybe since you jumped into AAS at such a young age you did permanently damage your underdeveloped endocrine system?
    That is what Im figuring exactly. I made my best strength gains at age 25 naturally. He will probably need trt 10yrs sooner than what he would have w/o PH's at 22yrs of age. Anaboliks, find what test booster works the best for you and take it w/ DAA and ZMA. If you are in your 30's, throw in the "smallest" amount of dhea that you can get results from. Just my 2 cents worth.....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
  2. Sesamin and Cissus long term
    By jhferry in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 04:47 AM
  4. PH use and long term suppression
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in