Super High Cholesterol

pastordead

Awards
My cholesterol came back very high after my last physical. Everything was normal like liver, triglycerides etc. The only thing off kilter on the full panel was cholesterol and it was SKY high. Highest I have ever heard of..I laid off all orals for awhile and took a lot of red yeast rice and niacin etc. Question, should I be worried about cholesterol if everything else was cool? Haven't had a follow up test yet.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
First off which was sky high LDL or HDL?
If LDL I wouldn't say you should be worried per say but if you ignore it you will cause a real reason to worry. I would however correct my diet immediately and maybe look into Fish oil, Garlic extract & Green tea extract to get those numbers looking better.

pastordead

Awards
First off which was sky high LDL or HDL?
If LDL I wouldn't say you should be worried per say but if you ignore it you will cause a real reason to worry. I would however correct my diet immediately and maybe look into Fish oil, Garlic extract & Green tea extract to get those numbers looking better.
Bad cholesterol was the high one.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If trigs were in range I would ask for a NMR profile or VAP test

alexmittaluk

Awards
My friend has cholesterol and he did have one period in his life where he significantly lowered it and at that time he was jogging and started eating seasonal fruits and vegies. He wasn't using statins. and he was able to drop it down to a perfectly normal level.After that he stopped having regular exercise and everything came back...

Hope it helps

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eat less bad fats and more good ones.....

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
Uh I just did a 17-week test cycle with beastdrol blast off and winnie/1-T Tren finisher. Got full blood work at end and guess what my cholesterol was, 132, HDL was a little low, but everything else in check.

How does you eat? Did you carefully track food during cycle? What was your baseline before cycle? What were your macros? Did or do you eat a lot of saturated fats, animal fats, egg yolks daily?

When I planned my cycle I adjusted my macros to a 50c 35p 15f where most of my fats came from fish oil (12 a day) olive oil, peanut butter and almonds.

I also eat out average 4 cups of oats a day. 2.5pre workout meal and another 2 in my post post workout meal. Also take beta sitosterol and coq10 daily.

Try that and get blood panels.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
watch your diet and test again. My friend was told by his doc that his cholesterol was so high he could die at a moments notice, he freaked out for nothing, turns out they messed up.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
For those that have done before and after bloodwork:

What cycle caused the least effect on your lipid profile?

IMO, this is the greatest concern of all sides. There are now some excellent liver support supps (TUDCA, LIV-52) that actually work pretty well. On the other hand, I have not found cholesterol supports to help much.

Please only reply if you have done bloodwork. Reps for links to good before / after bloodwork cycles.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those that have done before and after bloodwork:

What cycle caused the least effect on your lipid profile?

IMO, this is the greatest concern of all sides. There are now some excellent liver support supps (TUDCA, LIV-52) that actually work pretty well. On the other hand, I have not found cholesterol supports to help much.

Please only reply if you have done bloodwork. Reps for links to good before / after bloodwork cycles.
Outsidebacker over on phf logged a single ingredient from metabolic powder (hca) which kept his cholesterol in check with a history if high cholesterol

I'd recommend metabolic powder to possibly or may (gotta add this for structure function claims) lower cholesterol and berberine. However raising hdl is from fixing diet and removing the anabolic a your using

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Isn't the issue with androgens/anabolics more of a problem of lowering HDL and not so much raising total?

As mentioned, and I agree, it's more about diet than anything.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
You want HIGHER HDL.

If you're taking anabolics, diet alone won't make that much of a difference with strong compounds.

Without anabolics: eat little sugar and grains, some HIIT, increase monosaturated and o3 fats, more soluble fiber, and get bf down to at least 12-13%

If cholesterol is still high after six months of the above, you should ask your doc to order a VAP. It's very likely the high number is not a concern at this point especially if triglycerides are low.