Pinning in Thigh instead of Glute?

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Hi,

I pinned for the first time earlier today and I suppose it could have gone worse, but it was far from perfect and easy. Test P 100mg/1cc with a 25g 1.5" needle in the glute. I didn't aspirate because it seemed impossible trying to do it with two hands. I now understand I should be able to do it with one hand. The other surprise was just how hard it was to depress the plunger. It seemed like it was stuck, so I withdrew the needle, checked it and re-pinned (ouch). I guess it just takes patience and firm, constant pressure. I'm sure I will improve as I continue. In a bit I will be pinning 250mg Test E (I'm using the prop to kickstart and taper off). I'm considering moving over to the thigh and wanted to get some feedback about this. I would have a lot more control, be able to aspirate easier and feel more comfortable pinning in the thigh. Can I/should I do this? Or should I just man up and learn to do it in the glute? Thank you.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I use a 20ga for the glutes, mainly due to scar tissue, but I also use a 20ga for thighs too. The oil goes in like warm butter. A 25ga is too small for oil, I don't care what anyone says. That's for water, not oil. Try a 23ga, that should work better for you.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Okay, ordering 23's right now. In the meantime, heat up the test and continue to use the 25's or use the 20's that I have for drawing? Will using the 20's f me up? Too big and cause scaring?

rdg21

Awards
I never pin glutes. I hate twisting and not being able to see/aspirate easily. I rotate quads almost exclusively. I use 1" 23g pins and I really don't think ill ever pin glutes again. Ill push anywhere from 1-3cc in my quad.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Just an FYI - I went ahead and did the Test E in the glute with the 25g needle just because I wanted to be absolutely sure I wasn't crazy or doing something wrong. Talk about a clusterf*@k of anxiety, pain, unnecessary blood and struggle. This is a near impossibility with a 25g needle! The test E was even harder than the test P. There is no way I am going to attempt this again, at least not without first heating the test. I had to grip the syringe with a death grip and use INSANE strength (I'm a piano player and have stronger hands than most) to depress the plunger. It took forever. This test must be thicker than most because so many people are saying a 25g needle is what should be used. I ordered the 23's. Just not sure what I'm going to do from here. Probably heat the test and pin the quads instead using the 25's until I get the 23's. Also, I had a hard time aspirating. It was as if suction was making it impossible.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if your test P was in water or oil, but if it was in water, then that's why it worked so well with a 25ga. But like I said, a 25ga was meant for water, not oil. I know the feeling of pushing it so hard that your fingers hurt. And you really don't need to warm up the oil. Just get the right size needle and it will go in smoothly...One comment on the glutes. You may be reaching around too far. All you need to do is pin on the other side of the hip bone. I never aspirate when doing the glutes. If I'm in a vein, I'll know it as soon as I start to inject. It will burn like hell.

rdg21

Awards
I've never tried with 25's. 23's work great, but I normally push pretty slow anyway. As far as pain (I'm sure many people do this) I push the needle against my skin without puncturing it, and whatever pain I feel (if any) is indicative of how close I am to nerve, how painful the shot will be, etc. I have a sweet spot that I legitimately can't feel at all and since I found it ive had perfect injections.

rdg21

Awards
And I just re-read that and realized you tried glutes again, not quad. My bad.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Man, my upper-outer glute where I re-pinned the test prop twice with the same needle is SO sore. It feels like it's bruised but there is no visual sign of bruising. Amazing how easily a needle dulls and how important it is to use a fresh one every time we pin. I assume the pain is from a dulled needle. It hurt going in unlike the first time.

hiprsha666

hiprsha666

Awards
What size syringe are you using?

I have no problems with a 25g and a 3ml syringe, with oil based. 25g and 5ml syringe is terrible. I use 25g with 3ml syringe for pecs, delts, thighs, and tear drop (vastus medialus? Thanks wiki). And 22g with 5ml syringe for glutes and traps.

I'm also flexible enough to use two hands for glutes. Lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must have thick gear because I only use 25g when using more than 1cc and a 29g when using <1cc.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've never tried with 25's. 23's work great, but I normally push pretty slow anyway. As far as pain (I'm sure many people do this) I push the needle against my skin without puncturing it, and whatever pain I feel (if any) is indicative of how close I am to nerve, how painful the shot will be, etc. I have a sweet spot that I legitimately can't feel at all and since I found it ive had perfect injections.
This is exactly how i do it. I use 23ga-1.5". 3ml. One quad sun the other quad on wed. No probs.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
I'm using 3ml syringes. I guess this gear is just thick.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Another thought. I keep the gear in a back bedroom that is well air-conditioned and very cool. It's def not room temp. Maybe it's a bit thicker because of that.

Damorgs

Awards
Hey mate, I was in the same boat as you, just stick with it and you'll get it. My advice coming from someone who has recently dealt with this (in the last 3 weeks):

- Get some 23g needles, that's what I'm using and they seem good
- Get a heat pack / wheat bag, heat it up prior to injections and then wrap the vial in it while you get everything together, draw up your dose, then wrap the ready to inject barrel in the heat pack. I've found the oil injects much easier and less painful the next few days.
- If you're getting blood you probably hit it too low.. The location on your glute is actually your ventro glute which is quite high up. I made this mistake and it's a) more painful and b) squirts blood if you pass through a vein.

Oh yeah, you actually want to inject quite slow... should take you about 30 seconds to inject the gear.. If you do it too fast(which is the natural reaction when you just want it over and done with) then you will have more PIP and could develop things like abscesses etc

This is something you'll have to learn to do, because you shouldn't only use two injection sites. You'll build up scar tissue and it will make injecting in the future very hard. You'll get it, you just need to keep practicing at it!

Good luck

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Right on. Thank you all for the help and thanks Damorgs for the kind words. :)

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always used 25g 1.5 for glutes...no matter what gear it was easy. I use 23g 1" for quads and ventros now. Your gear shouldn't be too thick to go thru a 25g...thats crazy.... Your quads take a while to accept a needle...at least in my experience....but once the virgin pain goes away its the way to go for sure....quick and easy

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Well it may be crazy, but it's the truth. Today I heated the test and used a 25 needle in the quad and it could not have gone better. The plunger depressed slowly but without a fight. It was so much easier. I have zero PIP. My glute from pinning two days ago still feels like I got smashed with a baseball bat, but it is healing and feeling better, slowly. I really messed it up by double pinning and then moving the syringe around while I fought it. I love the quad. That's going to be my favorite.

druller655321

Awards
- If you're getting blood you probably hit it too low.. The location on your glute is actually your ventro glute which is quite high up. I made this mistake and it's a) more painful and b) squirts blood if you pass through a vein.
This officially marks my end here. Glute and ventro glute aren't the same muscle. I'm gonna miss DH and a couple others cuz they know their shiit, but the rest of the advice here is so pathetic. Hey bro email me and I'll set you straight or have one of my eroids homies help you. There's to much booll shiit here to take it seriously.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
Ditch the 25g and get 23g also 1 inch is fine unless u fat. I've never attempted a glute shot because it seems very hard if ur alone. I've given glute shots many times but I find it hard alone. The thigh and delt are excellent spots also I've done triceps and chest both being good spots.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This officially marks my end here. Glute and ventro glute aren't the same muscle. I'm gonna miss DH and a couple others cuz they know their shiit, but the rest of the advice here is so pathetic. Hey bro email me and I'll set you straight or have one of my eroids homies help you. There's to much booll shiit here to take it seriously.
SMH. Ventro glute is in the hip....not even near the actual glute....Maybe referring to the Medial Glute? Either way...total misinformation....I hear ya man...this site is full of bull****

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
What I think I discovered is that test prop is more painful than test enath. Regardless of how well I pin or where I pin, when I pin test prop for the first time (I've done it in two virgin muscles now) 24 hours later, I have severe PIP. Right now it's my quad from that "perfect" pin I talked about a few posts back. I can barley walk. The pain is pretty spectacular. There is no way I am going to inject in any upper body muscles right now. I need them working for this cycle. I'm not concerned with legs or my ass, so I'll pin down there. It seems for a newcomer like me it's a bit of a chess game to break in these muscles while avoiding the kind of PIP in the areas that are most critical for my cycle. I've heard you can lift with PIP, but there is no way I could lift with the kind of PIP I have right now in my right quad. When I'm injecting prop into a virgin muscle it's like taking one for the team. I know I'm going to be in a lot of pain, but knowing that it's something that I need to do sooner or later and knowing that the result will be something great, then it's actually kinda cool - despite the horrible pain.

Damorgs

Awards
Maybe my terminology is slightly wrong.. I don't profess to know everything, I'm just trying to help someone else out. There is a lot of misinformation out there and I've waded through it for over a year... If someone were to solely go in the direction from someone over the Internet without looking into it themselves there is something wrong.. Isn't that what this forum is about? Sharing experiences with other users?

If you're so wise and all knowing, help the bloke out and let us all bask in your wisdom... I'm sure you'll feel a little better than just putting other people down across an anonymous platform like the internet.

Regardless of the **** slinging, I hope your shots go smoothly piano man...

druller655321

Awards
Think before you speak, piano man and I are on a first name basis. We email regularly. I just find it dangerous to spread mis information. If you're not 100% sure on the terminology, keep your comment to yourself.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What I think I discovered is that test prop is more painful than test enath. Regardless of how well I pin or where I pin, when I pin test prop for the first time (I've done it in two virgin muscles now) 24 hours later, I have severe PIP. Right now it's my quad from that "perfect" pin I talked about a few posts back. I can barley walk. The pain is pretty spectacular. There is no way I am going to inject in any upper body muscles right now. I need them working for this cycle. I'm not concerned with legs or my ass, so I'll pin down there. It seems for a newcomer like me it's a bit of a chess game to break in these muscles while avoiding the kind of PIP in the areas that are most critical for my cycle. I've heard you can lift with PIP, but there is no way I could lift with the kind of PIP I have right now in my right quad. When I'm injecting prop into a virgin muscle it's like taking one for the team. I know I'm going to be in a lot of pain, but knowing that it's something that I need to do sooner or later and knowing that the result will be something great, then it's actually kinda cool - despite the horrible pain.
Lots of people report PIP with prop...not abnormal....some real good brewers out there can make it painless..... Even then some people just react poorly to prop....enanthate should NEVER hurt unless its virgin muscle.....if Test E hurts....get better gear

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I learned. Test prop might not be the best choice for a first cycle with virgin muscles. I'm toughing it out. Every muscle I pin with it thanks me back with 3 days of pain. Massaging the area immediately after the inject when there is no pain really helps. It pays off the next day when the pain typically hits. It's still comes, but it's manageable. It seems that once I repeat pinning a muscle the pain decreases by about 20-30%. So rather quickly, this problem will disappear hopefully never to return. ..and yes, the test e that I'm doing is practically painless. Maybe just a bit if the muscle is virgin, but it's nothing like the test prop. Of all the research I did over the last year, and the expectations I had, I had no idea this PIP would be like this. If you search "test prop PIP" you'll see tons of info on it, but nobody told me anything about it directly when setting up my cycle. Not upset, but kinda mystified. I will be sure to point it out if I happen to ever help out another sometime down the road.

hiprsha666

hiprsha666

Awards
If it doesn't go away you can cut it 50/50 with grapeseed oil. You probably came across that in your Google search. It works.

Jimwalker

Awards
I'm new to this for the most part, and I have a few questions.. What is:
PIP?
Test E?
Test prop?
Gear= what you are injecting?
Also- is there a board that answers all these (and other) Qs about definitions... so I don't waste you guys time?

Thanks!

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Pinning Trest Ace right now and no pip. 25g needle and I've done flutes and quads so far. But I have very clean brew. I know the guy who makes it and that is priceless to me. It goes in so smoothly.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
PIP?
Test E?
Test prop?
Gear= what you are injecting?
Also- is there a board that answers all these (and other) Qs about definitions... so I don't waste you guys time?

Thanks!
You can learn a lot using Google. ;)

Damorgs

Awards
PIP? Post Injection Pain
Test E? Testosterone Enanthate
Test prop? Testosterone Propianate
Gear= what you are injecting? Yep
Also- is there a board that answers all these (and other) Qs about definitions... so I don't waste you guys time? Google, as mentioned

Thanks!
Hope that helps.

Damorgs

Awards
PIP? Post Injection Pain
Test E? Testosterone Enanthate
Test prop? Testosterone Propianate
Gear= what you are injecting? Yep
Also- is there a board that answers all these (and other) Qs about definitions... so I don't waste you guys time? Google, as mentioned

Thanks!
Hope that helps.

Jimwalker

Awards
Thanks Damorgs. I found some answers on Google, you helped with what I couldn't find.

1976pianoman

1976pianoman

Awards
Jimwalker, be sure you study up on Post Cycle Therapy (PCT). It's a big part of all this. I'm not sure if there is a all-inclusive post or article that will tell you everything you need to know about hormones and PCT, but what I would do if I were you is post a new thread and ask that very question. There are probably some stickies out there or articles that I am unaware of that might be a good place to start. Just ask, but don't ask on a preexisting thread. You will get better feedback if you create a new one. ;) There is so much to learn. I learned from reading a lot on sites like this, and then asking questions after I read and learned but still had some confusion. While this site is one that I frequent there are other good ones as well. I mix it up a bit. They are very easy to find on google, in fact that google search you did for test p and test c would return results from these other sites I am talking about.

Viking23

Awards
Should try 29 guage (slin pins). Might sound crazy but they are the same if not easier than 25 guage

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Awards
I have pinned quads so much over the past 15 years that it feels like a cork when I jab them now. I switched to glutes, calves, shoulders and tricepts. Mix it up. I am not up for pinning my pecs though.

skat37

Awards
I use a 20g and add a little b12. Take away the sting from prop. Also I noticed 100 EOD was a little annoying (but let's you know it's working) so I just switched to 50 ED and the only pain is the little poke and I'm so used to that by now its nothing. I have everything swabbed drawn stabbed aspirated and injected in under a minute. Needle cap put back on and safety sleeve pulled down and into my makeshift sharps box until the Gf picks them up and takes them to her office and disposes of them. Gotta be clean and safe and cautious others don't get your needles that's why I love the safety sleeve versions.

rage4cage

rage4cage

Awards
I pin 21s in the thigh and i only do glutes when i have someone else do it for me. 99% of the time its the thigh. MUCH easier and hardly any pain if done right. It sinks in like hot butter.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I pin 21s in the thigh and i only do glutes when i have someone else do it for me. 99% of the time its the thigh. MUCH easier and hardly any pain if done right. It sinks in like hot butter.
I'm curious where you poke your thigh though. I do outer quads when I pin legs and it doesn't always go in easy. My definite fave is delts goes in easy and no pain during pinning

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Awards
After 10 of pinning with 23 ga, I switched to 25 ga about 5 years ago. It takes longer to push through, but I can push through 3cc in about a minute.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
After 10 of pinning with 23 ga, I switched to 25 ga about 5 years ago. It takes longer to push through, but I can push through 3cc in about a minute.
Yeah that's my main thing is the speed of injection. But much faster and it actually seems to hurt worse momentarily

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Why not do shoulder? I do shoulder with 22 or 23 and it's very easy with no pain.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
It shouldn't be that hard to pin glutes. I agree with others you need a bigger gauge. I personally do not like pinning quads, I hit nerves too frequently

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I literally pin everyday and once I figured out how to pin quads correctly it was great....ventro glutes....glutes....delts.....those are my go tos

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I literally pin everyday and once I figured out how to pin quads correctly it was great....ventro glutes....glutes....delts.....those are my go tos
Quads aren't hard but I bleed 75% of my pins there. Not huge amounts and no juice leaks back out so I just roll with it. I was using 5/8 needles for delts but having a problem with the juice leaking back out in sizable amounts forcing me to pin another 1/10 of a milliliter or 2 just to feel like I'm getting enough. But to quit and go back to 1" needle. I push it in till I'm push skin in a ways with the syringe and then hold for endless ages after injecting, then pull out slowly and I still have a problem. My source makes ultra smooth oils that flow nicely an are about as perfect as you can imagine. Maybe if it was thicker I wouldn't have this problem? If that's all I'll just go to longer pin. Any ideas?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have gotten gear leakage in the delta.....if I put more than 1/2cc in them....I don't know man....I use 1" in everything....delts I go a little shallow with a 1"

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I have gotten gear leakage in the delta.....if I put more than 1/2cc in them....I don't know man....I use 1" in everything....delts I go a little shallow with a 1"
This is definitely not what I'd do again just because of some pip but with a 1" I've put 3 mL in delts and absolutely 0 leakage. I have enough debt that I can put a 1" hard in against the skin but the pip is always worse from a 1" that's why I went to 5/8 but I just waste oil so... Do you pin the middle/lateral delt? Or not.. I have experimented with that versus right where the lateral and front delts meet. I like the latter of the two choices so far. Much easier to do and I have lots if depth at that angle