The anabolic "non"-cycle: occasional use, no shutdown?

pisces.style

pisces.style

Awards
Is it possible to obtain results from occasional, non-cycle use of testosterone propionate in such a manner that temporary increases test levels but in short enough intervals that do not lead to suppression?

My hypothesis is that this could be possible but I have been unable to identify any research that supports or denies this possibility.

Here's the scenario: we know testosterone is available in different esters, propionate being the the shortest half-life. We also know that when our body feels the presence of exogenous testosterone, it gradually suppresses its own production.

Would it be possible to use 100mg of test prop, once per week, and not experience suppression?

Tags: testosterone, propionate, cypionate, enanthate, anabolic, androgenic, PCT, pro hormones, mass, size, weight, growth.

Last edited:
El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Your going to have a hard time seeing any benefit without elevating your levels steadily over a longer (4+ weeks) period of time. It takes time to build actual muscle, it's not overnight.

Now, you could take test suspension or low dose dbol pre workout in the mornings for a short period of time without suppression. BUT, this isn't going to build muscle. At least, not by the same mechanism you would during a cycle. This preworkout method would simply provide a little more aggression, limit a little catabolism, aid slightly in recovery etc. But the dbol or test would not be building muscle via elevated hormone levels. Rather, they would be assisting your workout, which in turn may help you build more muscle.

IMO, you would be better off using non suppresive supplements until your ready to cycle and shut yourself down. Playing with AAS is kind of like playing with a stray dog. AAS have side effects and dogs bite, so don't be surprised when either happens.

pisces.style

pisces.style

Awards
Your going to have a hard time seeing any benefit without elevating your levels steadily over a longer (4+ weeks) period of time. It takes time to build actual muscle, it's not overnight.

Now, you could take test suspension or low dose dbol pre workout in the mornings for a short period of time without suppression. BUT, this isn't going to build muscle. At least, not by the same mechanism you would during a cycle. This preworkout method would simply provide a little more aggression, limit a little catabolism, aid slightly in recovery etc. But the dbol or test would not be building muscle via elevated hormone levels. Rather, they would be assisting your workout, which in turn may help you build more muscle.

IMO, you would be better off using non suppresive supplements until your ready to cycle and shut yourself down. Playing with AAS is kind of like playing with a stray dog. AAS have side effects and dogs bite, so don't be surprised when either happens.
This is good feedback and your points are well taken -- thank you for taking my question seriously.

The reason this question came up in my mind is because I'm at the tail end of my second cycle (test only). I had done a pro-hormone cycle before but I really didn't enjoy it much, and I'm fairly sure the superdrol affected my hairline.

Since I'm at the end of my cycle, I'm already dreading quitting. I have my PCT lined up, etc, and I'm confident I'll keep most of my gains, but nothing compares to have a little extra juice running through the veins.

To your point, I would definitely not expect to achieve "cycle-like" gains without being committed entirely to a cycle. Like you said, I wondered if that extra, fast acting testosterone could assist in the workout, recovery, and protein synthesis, and over a long period of time, provide better results than doing no cycle at all (while also not having to Blast and cruise).

The reason this is something I'd really like to explore is that, I'm very happy with where my body is at right now. I don't feel I need to be much bigger, or much stronger, or to gain weight as rapidly the way I once felt. Having a little extra kick -- once a week. prop, taken on day where I know I'll workout hard for the next 3-days -- if that's a viable way to continue making progress, feeling the aggression, and not being leashed to suppression. AND: Doing this indefinitely.

Does this make sense?

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Yes, it makes sense. It's hard to say how long you could run small amounts of short life AAS pre workout before you see some suppression. It would vary from person to person. It's kind of like the 10 mg dbol bridge that was heavily debated and discussed 8-10 years ago on many of the boards. Regarding the dbol bridge, there were many against it, there was some data suggesting it would still suppress, etc. But regardless of who won the debate, the fact remains that there were and still are many who use it successfully.

pisces.style

pisces.style

Awards
you might try aromasin for an off cycle test boost. it increases natural production of testosterone and lowers shbg leading to more free test.
the half life of test prop is 3-5 days. i believe once a week injects will lead to suppression.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

Is aromasin the same as Anastrozole? I've used anastrozole to keep estrogen in check during my cycle, and it's quite powerful -- 1/4 of a pill once a week was crushing my estrogen levels, I had to do it less frequently.

As for test prop -- the consensus seems to be that it would still be suppressive, but using TNE pre-workout seems like a dumb idea too.

I've heard of the d-bol bridge and I know a lot of guys have great results. I've never personally used D-bol because I'm taking it easy on the hairline. I have a heard full of hair, but my one-month superdrol cycle really made me shed. So I'm taking the slow and steady approach and sticking with Test only, and just lifting hard and eating right.

Alternative question: what's the risk of running 500-600mg of test per week? Permanent shutdown, lifelong dependence?

I gotta say, I think I have a problem. I really don't feel like getting off the test, even though the amount I'm doing is relatively small.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Lol. Yeah, you may have a problem.

500-600 mg of test is no bridge, it a cycle. And yes, it will shut you down. But it's impossible to say when it would catch up with you and have a long term, permanent effect.

Some guys cycle a few times and wind up with low T. Others stay on for years straight and then bounce back perfectly with a 6 week pct. so it's anyone's guess and it is definitely a gamble. To complicate matters further, guys who have never used AAS have low T problems too so how do you ever truly know what role your recreational AAS use actually played.

As for test and dbol, they both have a equal effect on my hairline. I really don't find one worse than the other.

pisces.style

pisces.style

Awards
You feel that both test and dbol have the same effect on your hairline? no kidding... after my experience with superdrol, I really wanted to stay away from all that "good stuff". I don't seem to shed much on test really.. I think I've noticed more hair loss in the shower, but part of me thinks that it's just me looking for it ever since my superdrol episode.

Have you had any experience with sdrol?

Dbol appealed to me for sure. Would you say the gains were "keepable", or in line with Test? And you have to run it with test, right? Gotta admit noob status on this one -- since I was afraid of the hairline thing, I haven't done my homework on it.

Well, we'll see how I bounce back from PCT. Thanks for the advice.