Do I quit aromasin and nolvadex before GYNO surgery ??

Xpress

Awards
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Hey, I've tried looking all over the net to determine if I need to stop taking nolvadex and aromasin before I get gyno surgery. I have minor gyno, mostly puffy nipples when warm. I am on week 4 of aromasin at 25/25/12.5/12.5 and on week 2 of nolvadex at 40/40/20/20/10/10. The gland feels like it is completely gone an now I only have puffy nipples when warm. I've had the gyno for over a year and I'm worried that when I go see the surgeon on the 9th of this month and then have the surgery this summer, that my gyno will come back when the nolvadex and aromasin wear off. Someone please give me some insight. I figured that the gyno is still there but blocked by the nolvadex and can be removed still. Any ideas ??[/FONT]

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you don't need surgery. But I would it's unnecessary to continue your gyno regimen

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you don't need surgery. But I would it's unnecessary to continue your gyno regimen
Sorry hit send by accident... I would think it's unnecessary to continue the regimen if you're going to have a surgeon remove it.

Xpress

Awards
an endo told me I had slight gyno. I'm worried that when drugs wear off, then it'll come back after a successful surgery. Isn't residual puffy nipple still a form of residual tissue gyno ? Appreciate your response. I can't have a sip of alcohol or eat too much without a puff up. I don't really drink but would enjoy an occasional one with no problem

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
stop all meds before your surgery just to be safe. Although i did take clen the day of my surgery dumb thing to do

Xpress

Awards
stop all meds before your surgery just to be safe. Although i did take clen the day of my surgery dumb thing to do
Thanks for the insight. Did you have it with local anesthesia or did you go under ? I am going to opt for local. Cheaper