Female pct

swollz

swollz

Awards
What or does a female have to do for pct if any at all?? Strictly test prop 150mg a week roughly

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
No pct needed for women. My sister just takes breaks and keeps all her gains. Yes I'm jealous lol

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. No bad sides from 150mg/wk prop? But no pct necessary. Have a female friend who gets scary on low doses or steroids. Her strength explodes and she keeps a lot of it with no pct. Jelly as well.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
What or does a female have to do for pct if any at all?? Strictly test prop 150mg a week roughly
My wife is also interested in trying test. I can not find any good sources of info. Anyone have some good links?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Well a woman has no need to start her balls up again so I can't see why she would need a pct.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Hmm. No bad sides from 150mg/wk prop? But no pct necessary. Have a female friend who gets scary on low doses or steroids. Her strength explodes and she keeps a lot of it with no pct. Jelly as well.
Yeah I've watched my sister blow up. She's like I'll just take a few weeks off and start back on var and mast. While I'm over here with shrunken nuts and no libido trying to keep my gains in pct lol.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
No pct needed for women. My sister just takes breaks and keeps all her gains. Yes I'm jealous lol
While this is commonly said it is not completely accurate there is PCT they should do but mostly not from a hormone perspective they should work more on managing side effects.

I pulled this quote off another site but it explains things well from a female perspective but I failed to get the authors board name so I can not give full credit.

"feel PCT should be considered due to these reasons:
  1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    one way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As ourtest levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an aas does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most AAS tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, aas can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no aas anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it

I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!
  4. injectable b12 energy and recovery! "

As a side note I am not 100% convinced on the use of nolvadex post cycle as she suggested but rather an AI tapered down seems to make more sense to me.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
True dat. Idk she's just a beast and her bf is a 6'3 285 pounds shredded lol. They turn heads all day.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Yeah I've watched my sister blow up. She's like I'll just take a few weeks off and start back on var and mast. While I'm over here with shrunken nuts and no libido trying to keep my gains in pct lol.
:aargh: THAT is funny. Errrr, not really........ Mine went from adult to preschool in three weeks. I know what you mean.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
While this is commonly said it is not completely accurate there is PCT they should do but mostly not from a hormone perspective they should work more on managing side effects.

I pulled this quote off another site but it explains things well from a female perspective but I failed to get the authors board name so I can not give full credit.

"feel PCT should be considered due to these reasons:
  1. Depression: MANY women report depression post cycle. I personally got it really really badly last nov, so now the last week of my cycle, i start cycling in 5HTP. You can also use St. Johns wart or valerian root etc...
  2. Estrogen Rebound: Granted anavar is a mild androgenic, it is still an androgen. Some women experience a slight estrogen rebound. I personally have ALSO experienced this...
    one way is to use a very very mild dosage of an estrogen suppressor (ie. nolvadex) to allow the estrogen to slowly level out as the test levels fall post cycle. (As ourtest levels begin to return to normal and decrease, estrogen will increase post cycle, due to the fact that an aas does suppress estrogen levels a bit, so a suppressor will control the speed at which it increases- thus preventing a possible estrogen rebound!)
  3. Appetite: Most AAS tend to increase your appetite. This has a bit to do with an accelerated metabolism (increased muscle and protein synthesis), nevertheless, aas can increase appetite. With that said, I think a strict diet should follow your cycle.
    My reasoning for this is that fact that since you have an increased appetite from using an aas, now that that is over, you will continue to experience an increased appetite, but with no aas anymore. Basically saying that now that you are OFF, you will not be using all the calories/fuel as efficiently as when you were ON. So if you splurge like crazy, you WILL notice a rebound in weight and or fat. Get it

I HIGHLY recommend a clean diet for about 2 weeks POST cycle!!
  4. injectable b12 energy and recovery! "

As a side note I am not 100% convinced on the use of nolvadex post cycle as she suggested but rather an AI tapered down seems to make more sense to me.
Great info. Did that source have any How-to info for women as well?

srblan

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity, have you ever cycled before or is test prop your first?

Usually women just taper at the end of a cycle if they do anything, rather than a PCT.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Great info. Did that source have any How-to info for women as well?
In this case it was just an interesting post I saved.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Out of curiosity, have you ever cycled before or is test prop your first?

Usually women just taper at the end of a cycle if they do anything, rather than a PCT.
This is true.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
This is true.
This is true I have just questioned if it is optimal. While something may work fine It may also be improved upon to increase effectiveness.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
This is true I have just questioned if it is optimal. While something may work fine It may also be improved upon to increase effectiveness.
I agree. I think most women just find it unnecessary though especially since they'd have to spend more money.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I think most women just find it unnecessary though especially since they'd have to spend more money.
And I've heard that nolva and other drugs used regularly by men have very different side effect profiles on women.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
And I've heard that nolva and other drugs used regularly by men have very different side effect profiles on women.
They do. Women get way more side effects on SERMS then we do. I mean estrogen is their dominant hormone, so just imagine.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
My wife uses no PCT or SERM and suffers no ill effects for what it is worth

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
The only repeated side effect I have seen with a number of competitors is rebound BF% and mood changes like depression so on. I cant say with 100% certainty the bf% is from hormone changes as most are running clen and or also T3. I can say I believe the mood changes are at least influenced by the hormone fluctuation they go through but fully admit I do not have a clear answer for how to respond to them yet. 5htp and so on seem to help though.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Admittedly I know very little about female aas use, but isn't 150mg test per week a lot? This is male trt range.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I would be in deep trouble if my wife used 160 mg per week. She is using 10 mg per week with good results.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
Admittedly I know very little about female aas use, but isn't 150mg test per week a lot? This is male trt range.
Yes. That's also why I asked if I was a first cycle, because it sounds like something that came from a male.

Not only that, but females really have to know what they are getting into using test at all. A question about PCT leads me to believe that may not be the case.

Edit: just realized OP is probably asking on behalf of someone else. Don't put a woman on that. 5 mg of var, maybe 10, once she understands the possible side effects, is plenty.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yes. That's also why I asked if I was a first cycle, because it sounds like something that came from a male.

Not only that, but females really have to know what they are getting into using test at all. A question about PCT leads me to believe that may not be the case.

Edit: just realized OP is probably asking on behalf of someone else. Don't put a woman on that. 5 mg of var, maybe 10, once she understands the possible side effects, is plenty.
My sis don't play with the gear, she doesn't look manly by any means but she's strong as sh*t for a woman. 20mg of var is nothing to her plus mast.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
My sis don't play with the gear, she doesn't look manly by any means but she's strong as sh*t for a woman. 20mg of var is nothing to her plus mast.
Sure, but start out small, if you dont react to 10, go to 15, then 20. I'm just saying be sensible about it. Test for women is not a first cycle thing. There are only a handful of drugs that women should ever use IMO, unless the side effects for them are worth the upside. They really just shouldn't use androgens at all. Var and primo, fine, assuming your primo is legit. Maybe winny, though that can be hit or miss. Some women love it, some hate it. Maybe proviron, and maybe EQ. Not much more than that before you get to the really dark side.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Sure, but start out small, if you dont react to 10, go to 15, then 20. I'm just saying be sensible about it. Test for women is not a first cycle thing. There are only a handful of drugs that women should ever use IMO, unless the side effects for them are worth the upside. They really just shouldn't use androgens at all. Var and primo, fine, assuming your primo is legit. Maybe winny, though that can be hit or miss. Some women love it, some hate it. Maybe proviron, and maybe EQ. Not much more than that before you get to the really dark side.
Yeah thats literally all she uses, she tried winny and that was too androgenic for her.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Express 42 Anabolics 8
Post Cycle Therapy 5
Anabolics 9
Post Cycle Therapy 4
Post Cycle Therapy 32