Test E effect on BF

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
No. There are studies that show higher test levels correlate to lower bodyfat levels, but it is not a fat burner. Which is the case with all roids- they, in and of themselves, are not thermogenic. They can help you achieve lower bodyfat% indirectly by increasing lean mass, but fat burners are things like clen, ephedrine, dnp etc.

Meerschaum

Awards
No. There are studies that show higher test levels correlate to lower bodyfat levels, but it is not a fat burner. Which is the case with all roids- they, in and of themselves, are not thermogenic. They can help you achieve lower bodyfat% indirectly by increasing lean mass, but fat burners are things like clen, ephedrine, dnp etc.
I dunno about that, I've seen some pretty insane transformations from test, and not seemingly because of muscle building always. I think its because of the androgenic side of the drug, stuff like Tren can eat fat off a person like crazy, and in an obese/very fat person, its just more dramatic.

sarge

Awards
it has been proven that test will help keep down abdominal fat.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
it has been proven that test will help keep down abdominal fat.
But not by thermogenic means(fat burner).

If you have higher test levels, you will STORE less abdominal fat.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Correct :goodpost:

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Deca, or any progestin, is a proven thermogen. As for Test, non-aromatizables burn more fat

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Proven how or where by who?
Jar, are you talking to me? You really question the D?! OK, so I don't remember the sources and I learned most of this stuff over many years so I'll have to track down my refs if you really must know, but it hurts a little that you don't believe me. :D Trust me though for now, it is true. Progestins elevate body temperature a degree or two and oral non-aromatizable androgens are shown to burn more fat, at least abdominal.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Not questioning ya doc, just tryin to learn something new.;) I was mainly wondering about deca, I know it can act on the progesterone receptors but I didn't know it would be considered a progestin. I haven't had any noticeable fatloss or raised temp from deca, but then I've always used it in bulking cycles. Now tren ,on the other hand, lights me up. I should have made tren an exception in my first post, as I do notice fatloss from it and have seen studies (in mice) to back it up. Basically though I've always been of the thinking that people consider certain aas to be thermogenic because they use them in "cutting cycles" and are dieting. By using drugs that don't aromatize or make you hold water, along with diet and cardio, can lead a person to think that his drugs are burning the fat rather than the diet and cardio.

OK, here's a question for ya along these lines- My wife was on the depo shot for birth control for 6 years and recently switched off due to the weight gain. It' s basically a shot of progesterone. It says in the insert that a woman can expect to gain like 5 lbs a year on it. Now if progestins are thermogenic as you say, how is the weight gain explained? It definitely wasn't burning fat. Is it kind of like the free/ bound testosterone thing in men in the way it affects the body? Enlighten me doc!:)

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Not questioning ya doc, just tryin to learn something new.;) I was mainly wondering about deca, I know it can act on the progesterone receptors but I didn't know it would be considered a progestin. I haven't had any noticeable fatloss or raised temp from deca, but then I've always used it in bulking cycles. Now tren ,on the other hand, lights me up. I should have made tren an exception in my first post, as I do notice fatloss from it and have seen studies (in mice) to back it up. Basically though I've always been of the thinking that people consider certain aas to be thermogenic because they use them in "cutting cycles" and are dieting. By using drugs that don't aromatize or make you hold water, along with diet and cardio, can lead a person to think that his drugs are burning the fat rather than the diet and cardio.

OK, here's a question for ya along these lines- My wife was on the depo shot for birth control for 6 years and recently switched off due to the weight gain. It' s basically a shot of progesterone. It says in the insert that a woman can expect to gain like 5 lbs a year on it. Now if progestins are thermogenic as you say, how is the weight gain explained? It definitely wasn't burning fat. Is it kind of like the free/ bound testosterone thing in men in the way it affects the body? Enlighten me doc!:)
Yeah, my wife is on the depo too, progesterone has a rep for promoting intramuscular fat deposition, it's actually called something else, but progesterone is catabolic in it's nature and weight gain could be explained by adverse partitioning. I'll get my **** together and answer your question better tomorrow or later this week, because I just checked the ref. I though I remembered it from and it wasn't there. So let me do some digging. I know in the 80's deca had a rep as a fat burner, but people were stacking and training alot different then.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Proven how or where by who?
This is a different ref. that I was looking for, and it offers no good endocrine explaination, but here is a quote from the 26'th edition of The US Dispensatory and Physicians' Pharmacology...

"Increased urinary nitrogen under the influence of progesterone indicates that it has catabolic action. During the luteal phase of menstration the body temperature rises 0.5 to 1.0' F.,an effect attributable to progesterone since andministration of the hormone to nonovulating women as well as men has thermogenic action."

Like I said, it was common knowledge in the 80's, Deca/Winni w/ a high protein diet was the pre-contest cutter of choice.
I always assumed it was this themogenic and anti-estrogenic stacked with an oral non-aromatizable (rumored to burn ab fat best) property that made it so popular.

hardlyworkin

Awards
Would EQ work similarily to Deca as far as fat burning?

Meerschaum

Awards
This is a different ref. that I was looking for, and it offers no good endocrine explaination, but here is a quote from the 26'th edition of The US Dispensatory and Physicians' Pharmacology...

"Increased urinary nitrogen under the influence of progesterone indicates that it has catabolic action. During the luteal phase of menstration the body temperature rises 0.5 to 1.0' F.,an effect attributable to progesterone since andministration of the hormone to nonovulating women as well as men has thermogenic action."

Like I said, it was common knowledge in the 80's, Deca/Winni w/ a high protein diet was the pre-contest cutter of choice.
I always assumed it was this themogenic and anti-estrogenic stacked with an oral non-aromatizable (rumored to burn ab fat best) property that made it so popular.
Doc, Just from anecdotal evidence, have you seen the effects of AAS (in general) on obese people who simply eat 'moderately' or diet while on ? ... from what I've seen it almost always results in drastic weight loss, I'm not saying I've seen this happen to people who where merely a few % overweight, but people who are obese tend to shed fat while on from what I have personally seen. Do you think that the androgenic side does this? what do you make of it? assuming you've seen the same thing I have. I'm just curious what mechanism might be doing this, because progestone aside, I've seen this happen with people who ran a variety of things.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Doc, Just from anecdotal evidence, have you seen the effects of AAS (in general) on obese people who simply eat 'moderately' or diet while on ? ... from what I've seen it almost always results in drastic weight loss, I'm not saying I've seen this happen to people who where merely a few % overweight, but people who are obese tend to shed fat while on from what I have personally seen. Do you think that the androgenic side does this? what do you make of it? assuming you've seen the same thing I have. I'm just curious what mechanism might be doing this, because progestone aside, I've seen this happen with people who ran a variety of things.
Oh sure, any androgen will do it. It just depends on the degree of lipid, and carbo metabolism that they influence that would make some better than others. Generally, estrogen is of concern due to it's effects on on lipid metabolism, so it matters if the steroid will aromatize. Direct fat mobilization by adrogens is unlikely, but it's respiratory effects varies with the type of tissue involved. Thermogenic effects, increased glycolysis, and inhibition of fatty acid re-esterification all contribute. In hypothyroid pateins, basal metabolism is often seen to rise dramatically too, I take T4 just to be sure :thumbsup: . I like M4OHN, I can eat like crazy and not gain fat. As for non-steroidals, GH use or natural elevation can greatly enhance fat loss. I've personally seen guys go from ~25% to around 10-15%BF just over the summer using deca alone at modest doses. BTW, EQ is not gestinic.