DS use with hypothyroidism

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So I've had hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) forever. I take Levothyroxin for it (synthetic T4). Natural anabolics tend to throw off my thyroid readings so my levo dose changes a few times a year.. I just did a 6 week var cycle, and i have a hunch that it is off until all my hormones rebalance.

I'm wondering if anyone else has HT, and if it has negatively impacted cycles or if there is a safety issue? As a rule of thumb I've gone by symptoms that have affected me in the past and alter my dose accordingly.

SinX

SinX

Awards
So I've had hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) forever. I take Levothyroxin for it (synthetic T4). Natural anabolics tend to throw off my thyroid readings so my levo dose changes a few times a year.. I just did a 6 week var cycle, and i have a hunch that it is off until all my hormones rebalance.

I'm wondering if anyone else has HT, and if it has negatively impacted cycles or if there is a safety issue? As a rule of thumb I've gone by symptoms that have affected me in the past and alter my dose accordingly.
How's it goin and I have the same thing going on, what is your dose of levo/synthroid? I've ran a few cycles with synthroid and this time around I actually take it once every few days; I haven't noticed too dramatic of a change, but my dose isn't that high to begin with. When you were running your cycle, what did you notice different and what else did you run with that and PCT as well too please.

I'm sure you know by now calcium/iron and certain foods can hinder the potency of synthroid, so maybe that could have been part of it too. Do you notice your skins thickening up, less resistant to the cold, low libido and constipation? I mean there are several factors that could go into this, and since everyone is different there are certain variables that either would or would not affect you compared to me and vice versa; ultimately aas/ds/ph will play an affect on your thyroid levels.

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How's it goin and I have the same thing going on, what is your dose of levo/synthroid? I've ran a few cycles with synthroid and this time around I actually take it once every few days; I haven't noticed too dramatic of a change, but my dose isn't that high to begin with. When you were running your cycle, what did you notice different and what else did you run with that and PCT as well too please.

I'm sure you know by now calcium/iron and certain foods can hinder the potency of synthroid, so maybe that could have been part of it too. Do you notice your skins thickening up, less resistant to the cold, low libido and constipation? I mean there are several factors that could go into this, and since everyone is different there are certain variables that either would or would not affect you compared to me and vice versa; ultimately aas/ds/ph will play an affect on your thyroid levels.
Hey man glad to know there's at least 1 other person out there in the same boat. I'm on a higher than avg dose - .175mg (avg being .1 - .125)
I take it first thing when i wake up, then eat breakfast 30 min later. I dont take any vitamins in the AM other than fish oil and maca.

I actually have Hashimotos thyroiditis (i.e. chronic hypothyroidism, comes and goes in bouts so it is more difficult to treat).

The symptoms I have now - I overheat very easily and sweat a lot, acne flare ups due to oily skin, libido probably a 6/10 when it's usually a 9. Chronic fatigue, probably the worst symptom. Itching everywhere.

PCT - clomid and lecheeck AD-3 (an AI). Might be overkill. I feel more suppressed now than I was on var. I would say things went downhill after week 4 of var (when i ran out of HCGenerate) and just kept getting worse. The sidesfrom the clomid suck - i get headaches, some bloating, mood swings. Nolva next time for sure.

edit - I read online that synthroid is actually a steroid?!? it has a profile on steroid dot com.
google anavar and synthroid, there are a myriad of articles. But here are the conclusions:

1)
In conclusion then anabolic steroids seem to have little if any effect on thyroid function per se. The reports by Deyssig & Weissel, and Daly et al suggest the possibility of a direct action of anabolic steroids on the thyroid or pituitary, but their results are inconsistent: The former researchers detected elevated stimulated TSH while the latter saw an increase in basal TSH. Free T4 was unchanged in former group, while it was elevated in the latter. The only consistently reported effect is a depression in total T4, total T3 and TBG. If there is a direct effect of anabolic steroids on the thyroid, pituitary, or hypothalamus the studies conducted so far shed little light on the mechanism due to their inconsistent results. And as stressed by Deyssig & Weissel any direct effect of anabolic steroids on the thyroid would likely be of no clinical significance due to its small magnitude.

From a practical standpoint for those concerned that anabolic steroids might suppress the thyroid it is a simple matter to incorporate low dose (25 to 50 mcg/day) T3 into a cycle to enhance fat loss while at the same time only minimally if it all compromising gains in muscle mass (10). In (10) one group of subjects was given T3 alone while the other was given a combination of T3 and test enanthate, 200 mg/week. After 28 days of bed rest, the men in the T3 group lost an average of 3.9 kg of body weight (i.e. from 82.0 ± 7.1 to 78.1 ± 7.1 kg). Body weight in the T3 plus test-treated subjects declined by only 1.0 kg (78.9 ± 4.9 to 77.9 ± 4.9 kg). Lean body mass declined by 1.5 kg in the T3 group, whereas the T3 plus test-treated subjects experienced nearly a 2-kg increase in lean mass (i.e. 1.7 ± 0.9 kg). Of course we don’t know how much mass the test plus T3 group would have gained had they foregone the T3. Nevertheless these are still impressive gains considering the subjects were forced to lie in bed for 28 days with no exercise, and considering that no special dietary measures were imposed to preserve or increase muscle mass.

2)
Oxandrolone & anabolic steroids may decrease levels of thyroxine-binding globulin, resulting in decreased total T4 serum levels and increased resin uptake of T3 and T4. Free thyroid hormone levels remain unchanged. In addition, a decrease in PBI and radioactive iodine uptake may occur.

Overall, I think my dose is too high and I should go to 1 EOD for now..