Ready to cycle?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

Ready to cycle?

How do i know when im ready to cycle?

current stats are 68kg, 5'9 20 years old
    Deadlifting 125kg x 4-6 reps
    Squat 80 kg x 4 reps (just coming out of knee injury, havent been able to squat for 3 months)
    Bench 70kg x 4-6 reps

given that these numbers are very average i think i still have a while to go before i should start, the thing i cant gain lean muscle mass, been trying to for so long but the only mass i seem to gain is water and fat. current split for diet is 450c/70p/180p = 3200ish cals

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

At 150lbs you have quite a bit of growing to go. I personally started at around 200lbs. Use a 60/30/10 split on macros c/p/f bump your calories up 200 then follow your choice of hypertrophy program (it is really personal preference).
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  176 lbs.

I would agree that you're a long way from achieving your maximum natural potential. I am also 5' 9" and, whilst I don't consider myself to be anywhere near my natural potential, I've gone from 54kg and dreaming of the day where I would hit 60kg, to around 80kg when I last stepped on the scales.

It's been a very long time (over 10 years), and I'm sure I could have made more progress if I had sorted out my diet much sooner but you live and learn and I'm quite happy with my achievements so far.

I would say your diet should be closer to:

Protein: 219
    Carbs: 439
    Fats: 89
    Supplemental Fats: 51
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

Thanks for the feedback guys !
  5. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    At 150lbs you have quite a bit of growing to go. I personally started at around 200lbs. Use a 60/30/10 split on macros c/p/f bump your calories up 200 then follow your choice of hypertrophy program (it is really personal preference).
    You started at 200 pounds...but looking at your photos if you were low body fat you'd be somewhere around 160-170. Just saying
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ITW View Post
    You started at 200 pounds...but looking at your photos if you were low body fat you'd be somewhere around 160-170. Just saying
    If I had no bodyfat on me I would be 180lbs at 0%bf, which would be dead.
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

You won't gain lean mass only if you are trying to bulk, the body doesn't work this way unless you are one of a very few genetically gifted people. Most people will gain fat, some more than others, while bulking. You need to bulk up a good 15-20lbs heavier than where you want to be when you are cut. Wait at least a few years before cycling, your body's test right now is really high and shouldn't start to decline at all until you are at LEAST 24 or 25. Personally I started when I was 24 at about 165lbs(funny because I've been this weight after cutting several times now but much more muscular) but I think I should've waited and done another year natty. Can't change the past though!
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    You won't gain lean mass only if you are trying to bulk, the body doesn't work this way unless you are one of a very few genetically gifted people. Most people will gain fat, some more than others, while bulking. You need to bulk up a good 15-20lbs heavier than where you want to be when you are cut. Wait at least a few years before cycling, your body's test right now is really high and shouldn't start to decline at all until you are at LEAST 24 or 25. Personally I started when I was 24 at about 165lbs(funny because I've been this weight after cutting several times now but much more muscular) but I think I should've waited and done another year natty. Can't change the past though!
    Awesome advice, thank you my man
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    You can gain only lean mass.....BUT (<thats a big but) you need a close to flawless diet which is very difficult to attain.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kp2012 View Post
    How do i know when im ready to cycle?

current stats are 68kg, 5'9 20 years old
    Deadlifting 125kg x 4-6 reps
    Squat 80 kg x 4 reps (just coming out of knee injury, havent been able to squat for 3 months)
    Bench 70kg x 4-6 reps

given that these numbers are very average i think i still have a while to go before i should start, the thing i cant gain lean muscle mass, been trying to for so long but the only mass i seem to gain is water and fat. current split for diet is 450c/70p/180p = 3200ish cals
    IMHO you're old enough to start using AAS whenever you feel you're mature enough to handle it. A lot of this business about maxing out your natural potential is silly. U may not have much natural ability. Getting to a certain weight is meaningless. Anybody can do that. AAS will help you maximize whatever potential u have. Plenty of successful bodybuilders and other athletes were using at your age. It's really something everyone needs to decide for themselves. U just need to be smart about it. Do u think we'd have ever heard of Arnold if he waited until he was 30 to start taking D-Bol? Nope. U think Jason Cutler waited until he fulfilled his "natural potential" to start juicing. Negative.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    AAS will help you maximize whatever potential u have.
    I agree with this.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
  2. Think I am Ready to Start 2nd Cycle??
    By Chemist63 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
  3. Bout ready to go on cycle....
    By JBlaze in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 09:47 PM
  4. Almost ready to start my cycle.
    By CROWLER in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 12:20 PM