doing first hoebrew SOON, making sure im on the right track

F

fast89lx

Awards
This will be my first attempt at making my own homebrew so I want to make sure I am doing it properly. I plan to run a 1t/4ad trandermal @ 6g 1t / 9g 4ad over 30 days. It works out to 200mg/300mg of 1t/4ad each day. The recipe I plan to use is the one posted by I believe curt2go.
40% ISO alcohol
15% ISO Myristrate
15% ISO Palimitate
10% Oleic Acid
10% propylene glycol
10% DMSO
To make sure I have my math right, if I have 240ml of the above solution, and I add 6grams of 1t to it, I have a 25mg/ml concentration of 1t right? 6g = 6000mg, 6000/240 = 25. I could lower the amounts of each ingredidnt to get say 150ml of solution and add the 6g of 1t to get a higer concentration of 1t per spray right?

Are there any better recipes out there?

Should I put the 1t and 4ad in the same bottle or separate bottles?

Also, I do have some 4oht that I wold like to add to this cycle but I want to see how I do on the 1t/4ad alone before I put the oht in as I only have 6g of it. Ideally I would like to save it for a m1t cycle down the road. Should I add it to this cycle @ 100mg daily or do it how I want and see if I need it now?

Thanks!

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
That's the original trans formula from a while back and is a solid carrier/tranport. You can add 5% D-Limonene and add 5% peg400 to that mix, but they are not essential.
I like my 1 test and 4ad in seperate bottles for 2 reasons,
1. allows for easier dosing flexibility and adjustment,
2. they have different molecular weights and mix differently.

BTW those doses are on the low end and they would be good doses for each application 2 times a day, unless you have an oral mixed in there or this is your first cycle not just your first homebrew. Just a thought.

B

BigPJ

Awards
That homebrew formula is pretty damn good. Just don't leave out the DMSO, I tried it once for 4ad without it (because I was terrified of the stuff) and it didn't work to well - seemed like I was gettting a really small amount into my system. I still hate the idea of DMSO, but the damn stuff works.

I prefer sepreate bottles.

I think 6g of 1 test will dissolve in 150 ml, but i don't know about 9g of 4ad in 150 ml. It probly wouldn't be a problem, but 4ad doesn't dissolve nearly as well, and you might was well use closer to 240 ml, and use more sprays to get your desired dose, which will allow you to spread out your application sites a little more (and gettin a bit more of that nasty DMSO on you will probly get more of the ph into your system).

Hope this helps.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was going to use that formula, until I recieved this reply from Strateg0s via PM:

"Ach. No octyl salicylate - very important (read Par's science of transdermals piece). Also, use DMSO before and after TD, not mixed in.

Here is what I am still thinking: (of course the lecithin must be added shortly before use, not for long term storage)

1325ml Oil-soluable
9% (265g) Lecithin ?
9% (265ml) IPP iso-palmitate $10.50
9% (265ml) IPM iso-myrsitate $10.50
9% (265ml) Octyl salicylate $12.50
9% (265ml) Oleic Acid $10

1325ml Water-soluable
30% (900ml) IPA $20/2Q
5% (150ml) PG ?
5% (150ml) PEG-400 ?
2.5% (75ml) Water ?

375ml Emulsifier
10% (300ml) D-limonene $15
2.5% (75ml) PS-20 ?
<1% (20ml) Carbomer 934 $5/oz

Pre- and post-application penetration enhancer
DMSO 99% $16.50"

I will be making this formula up this week.

I will keep you informed.

F

fast89lx

Awards
sweet-physique, yes this is not only my first homebrew but also my first ever ph cycle, so I figured I'd keep it as close to s1+ as possible since ppl have good results on that. I do have enough 1t/4ad for another cycle that I am probably going to run in the fall/winter of '05 @ 300/450/day maybe a little higher depending on how I do with this first one.

Meathead, I am kind of lost on your post if you can plz explain what that all is (im still new on this :) )

is that two separate recipes for a water based and a oil based, or are they going to be combined into one?
I am just going to guess that they are going to be combined because on lemelange they have an emulsifier and it's description is that it is to blend oil and water. (or am I out in left field with this lol)

also if I decide to stick with the original formula, if I drop dmso out of that mix, how do I adjust the other ingredients to compensate?

Thanks again guys!

E

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
sweet-physique, yes this is not only my first homebrew but also my first ever ph cycle, so I figured I'd keep it as close to s1+ as possible since ppl have good results on that. I do have enough 1t/4ad for another cycle that I am probably going to run in the fall/winter of '05 @ 300/450/day maybe a little higher depending on how I do with this first one.

Meathead, I am kind of lost on your post if you can plz explain what that all is (im still new on this :) )

is that two separate recipes for a water based and a oil based, or are they going to be combined into one?
I am just going to guess that they are going to be combined because on lemelange they have an emulsifier and it's description is that it is to blend oil and water. (or am I out in left field with this lol)

also if I decide to stick with the original formula, if I drop dmso out of that mix, how do I adjust the other ingredients to compensate?

Thanks again guys!
There are both water and oil soluble components in the trans. There fore you need an emulsifier which he also has. Ideally you want an even ratio of water/oil soluble compounds. I would tend to make it slightly more oil-soluble compounds so you can dissolve more phs. The emulsifier allows these compounds to mix. You should also add octyl salicylate as suggested, about 10%. I'd also add some d-limonene at 10%. You can drop the ipp and just use 20% ipm. I would also drop the dmso. Use the dmso as a pretreatment and even post. Just spray it on, maybe you can mix it with some water to reduce it to 10% concentration and it won't irritate the skin as much but you also risk washing away residual phs.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is what I jut did, step by step...

Mix oil based stuff
10% lecithin
11% IPP
11% IPM
10% octly salicylate
10% oleic acid

I then threw this in the blender until the lecithin dissolved/liquidified and poured the contents into a jug.

Added 10% D-limonene, mix agaain with a spoon

wait 20mins

add 20g ALCAR powder(66mg/ml)

Shake/mix like crazy. It all mixed in well.

Added 2.5g ALCAR powder

Shook like crazy, did not dissolve, some left on bottom.

Mixed water based stuff In separate jug

25% IPA
5% Peg400
5% PG
2.5% H2O

Added this to oil based stuff, stirred and heated.

I got most of the powder to dissolve, very little on the bottom.

Then I poured the solution into 2 separate bottles, shook like crazy and heated again. As far as I can see, all the powder has dissolved. Iwill assume a concentration of ~70-75mg/ml has been achieved.

If using hormones, I would advise you stick to 20g/300ml(66mg/ml) as you will ensure it all dissolves.