Safest AAS for Long-Term Use

1. Registered User
    Answers

Safest AAS for Long-Term Use

Hi Everyone,

When I was getting out of the military, my doctor said my testosterone was too low (around TT of 340). He prescribed me androgel (5g and 1%, equivalent to 5mg a day).

I'm looking for the safest way to do things. I don't want to cycle, instead preferring to be on a low dose of testosterone. I'm willing to do heart support, liver support, and anti-estrogens, if that makes things safer.

What do you guys recommend?

(I heard 2.5 mg of 5 mg of Oxandrolone might be good, for the rest of my life; along with heart support and liver support).

Thanks

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

There isn't any safe AAS for long term use, outside of staying with normal human level testosterone.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Answers

What is normal human level testosterone?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Test is safest, Anavar will suppress you even more, not a long time good idea.
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jklunder View Post
    What is normal human level testosterone?
    whatever your doctor would prescribe. the 5g of androgel a day is a good starting point, and once you start using it your doctor would retest your levels to see where that gets you and if you need to modify the dose. And btw, 1% of 5g is 50mg, not 5 mg.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks.

1. It sounds like my dose is a good starting point, without too many side effects.

2. Yes, 1% of 5 grams is 50mg. But, due to the nature of the gel, only around 10% is absorbed. In that way, 10% of 50 mgs is 5mg of effective dosing.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

The whole point of starting and doing blood tests is that absorption varies hugely among individuals, from 10-20%. So it could be that you reach closer to 10mg a day, which is roughly what you'd call normal levels, or you may be at the lower end, where your doctor would need to raise doses. Similarly injected is usually in the 100-125 mg a week as the common range, partially to account for the ester weight and partially to account for the once a week dosing not going to too low a total level the day before next injection.
    This space for rent

8. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks.

Of course, I prefer to be as cautious as possible. Given that I was able to survive for 28 years without supplemental testosterone, and be at a relatively low rate of 340, giving me lower doses of testosterone seems like a good place to start.

That way, I have fewer chances of disrupting my body's own natural production.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks.

Of course, I prefer to be as cautious as possible. Given that I was able to survive for 28 years without supplemental testosterone, and be at a relatively low rate of 340, giving me lower doses of testosterone seems like a good place to start.

That way, I have fewer chances of disrupting my body's own natural production.
    no, that's incorrect. any supplemental testosterone will reduce your natural production to 0. its Testosterone REPLACEMENT Therapy, not Testosterone SUPPLEMENTATION Therapy. It replaces your natural production entirely.
    This space for rent

10. Registered User
    Answers

Yes. But, I'm guessing taking a lot of testosterone (say 100 mgs a day) would shut you down quicker than taking 1 mg a day.

Are you saying that my FSH and LH will reduce down to absolutely 0?
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Yes. But, I'm guessing taking a lot of testosterone (say 100 mgs a day) would shut you down quicker than taking 1 mg a day.

Are you saying that my FSH and LH will reduce down to absolutely 0?
    Pretty well will or very close to 0 over a span of time. exactly how long that time is varies. But you aren't talking years in either case, weeks to a couple months tops. TRT is for life, not temporary. FSH may not go down as fast. But LH is the body's signaling hormone for creation of testosterone, and if it doesn't see a need it will start dropping until its effectively gone.
    This space for rent

12. Registered User
    Answers

Anything I can do to stop these bad things from happening?
  13. SPS
    Answers

You should go read up in the anti aging forum, lots of good trt info and guys on it.who can give you insight
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Anything I can do to stop these bad things from happening?
    about the only thing you can do is work out the cause of your testosterone deficiency in the first place, and directly treat it. whether its nutritional, bodyfat levels, alcohol consumption, etc. If for instance FSH is near normal now and LH is low it may be that just treatment with HCG would work and bring your testosterone levels to normal. No telling without extensive blood tests though
    This space for rent

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I've read that the average level for males is about 6mg/week. That wouldn't be "normal" though, just an average of all.
  16. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Thanks.

1. It sounds like my dose is a good starting point, without too many side effects.

2. Yes, 1% of 5 grams is 50mg. But, due to the nature of the gel, only around 10% is absorbed. In that way, 10% of 50 mgs is 5mg of effective dosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    The whole point of starting and doing blood tests is that absorption varies hugely among individuals, from 10-20%. So it could be that you reach closer to 10mg a day, which is roughly what you'd call normal levels, or you may be at the lower end, where your doctor would need to raise doses. Similarly injected is usually in the 100-125 mg a week as the common range, partially to account for the ester weight and partially to account for the once a week dosing not going to too low a total level the day before next injection.
    Not to contradict either of you but my observations are that 5g androgel (50mg@1% active/5mg@10% absorptions) has actually resulted in equal to or lower levels than when started. This to me is indication that the absorption (androgel is a poor carrier of primarily alcohol and the patients application skills are usually poor {not thoroughly rubbing in until dried}) is closer to 10% than 20%

In that case 5mgs/d x 7 = 35mg/w = ≤400 total testosterone.

If it were 10g (which most find more effective) that would be 10mgs/d x 7 = 70mg/w = ≤600 total testosterone.

Just what I have observed form many using 5g and 10g AndoGel.

I am moving this to anti-aging for more visibility.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mass Supplment Long term use for Amatuer
    By GreenSleeve in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:29 PM
  2. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 11:14 PM
  3. t3 long term use Question
    By mitch911 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 08:22 PM