New to the Dark Side... (and why stop half-way?)

theanarchist

Awards
So I tiny bit of background: 32 Yrs, been lifting most of my life off and on, 5' 10", 190 lbs, probably about 15% bf. Been really active lifting for the past 2 years however, with no more than a few weeks off here and there. So I recently woke up and realized that my world view was a bit off, for lack of a better term, and began to question things (everything). Obviously one of the areas that got questioned was my view on anabolics (or I wouldn't be here).

For the past 2 weeks I've been devouring TONS of posts on this and a few other forums (but honestly, this one seems the coolest) and I think I'm at the point of making a decision. I'm pretty torn, but here goes my thinking. For my first cycle I just can't bring myself to jump all the way in the deep end, even though it seems like it is actually much safer on my body (test e being what I'd like to try). This is for legal, and relationship reasons. So I think I'm going to do a cycle of H-drol for six weeks that looks something like 50/75/75/75/75 or 100/75 or 100. I know that it's not as safe as the real deal, but if I do a couple weeks of pre-cycle sups, and a good cycle support I'm sure my liver will survive. I don't have any qualms about buying and using a research chem serm because it's in a different class altogether than using an illegal (and scheduled) drug like test.

So basically, it just boils down to finding a good time to do it. I'm a business owner so I have high stress some times and I don't want to start a cycle and then not be able to devote the time to maximizing the benefits. I'm thinking of starting around mid-end of May and running through the middle of summer. My goals would be to bulk up, but also a bit of recomp since I'm at 15% bf and could certainly benefit from loosing a bit. I'm imagining going the first four weeks at a 4000 calorie bulk run and then trying to cut for the last two weeks. Has anyone ever heard of that sort of cycle? Anyway, other than that, I'm not really needing to nail down the specifics yet (serm, cycle support, h-drol brand), but I'll definitely throw up my detailed plan before I try and execute it so you guys can critique the hell out of it.

Mostly I'm just saying this place rocks and you guys are awesome... I'll be joining the "cool" club shortly.

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
Hdrol isn't exactly the "dark side" most people see it as mild and "pinning" as the dark side. honestly your post is a bit drawn out. but overall here are some pointers

5-6 Weeks
add in another product that is non-methyal to increase gains and solidify the leaps ( Trenazone/Stanodrol/T-Var)
and do you know your dosing for your pct as far as serm? also research into SARM which in lose doses can provide decent help in keeping gains ( 1-5mg of osta/mk-2866)

SPS

Awards
  • Established
H drol is a great first ph and great for recomp, just eat clean. Imo trenazone is a terrible idea to stack with h drol for a first cycle but stano would be good.

Weld it

I'm in the same situation,good luck & I'd like to follow your results to use for my own reference.its always frustrating to give up a well planned lift for business issues that creep up at the last minute.

theanarchist

Awards
Hdrol isn't exactly the "dark side" most people see it as mild and "pinning" as the dark side.
Ya, that's what I mean. I wish I had the stones to go all the way, but the legal issue and the wifey's probable reaction to pinning keep me at the halfway place (which from an all natural standpoint is still on the dark side, IMHO). Over the past couple of weeks though, I've picked up on the reality that pinning is probably safer than the legal PH options :indifferent:.

honestly your post is a bit drawn out.
I'll admit, I'm not known for being terse... and I might have been slightly drunk.

As to the stacking... Man I'm just not sure if I want to until I've had one cycle to reference my bodies reaction etc. Haven't nailed down my serm yet, but I'm leaning toward Torem due to the lower sides being reported. I'm only beginning to research SARMs so I won't bother asking any questions since I don't have a great point of reference, but suffice it to say, I'm interested in what I'm reading.

theanarchist

Awards
I'm in the same situation,good luck & I'd like to follow your results to use for my own reference.its always frustrating to give up a well planned lift for business issues that creep up at the last minute.
It totally sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've wasted a solid plan over business stress. That's the third big reason for not jumping into test cycles[FONT=arial, sans-serif]—I worry about keeping my life stable for 6 weeks; can't imagine trying to keep anything structured for 12 weeks.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'll definitely post a cycle critique and review thread when I get ready to actually start it.[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hdrol only cycle will be good for you. Good decision not to stack on the first cycle. It will give you a good idea on how your body reacts. Your receptors will be fresh so you will make great gains with just 1 compound in the mix. Save the stacks for later down the road.

My first cycle was an Hdrol cycle and it was a blast. I never really felt any lethargy but actually felt amazing physically and mentally all cycle. Gained over 12 lbs and kept about 10. I did get shutdown but recovered by week 2 pct using Nolva/AI/daa. Good luck on the cycle bro.

Weld it

Solid advice by livetolift , lots will back that up, that is what I have planned. Thanks,& not sure sharing that plan with the wife is something that will have a positive outcome. But yeah ,it sure gets hard to make time for the perfect workout these days , but lifting will always remain priority to people who live the life

Weld it

But keep me posted on your results , I would appreciate your experience results

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Hdrol isn't exactly the "dark side" most people see it as mild and "pinning" as the dark side. honestly your post is a bit drawn out. but overall here are some pointers

5-6 Weeks
add in another product that is non-methyal to increase gains and solidify the leaps ( Trenazone/Stanodrol/T-Var)
and do you know your dosing for your pct as far as serm? also research into SARM which in lose doses can provide decent help in keeping gains ( 1-5mg of osta/mk-2866)
Hdrol is off course,crossing over to the dark side,as is any type of AAS or PH.

Op,if you really want to cross over,get some test and pin it.

Poorly understood PH is not the way I would go.Nor would I ever use anything liver toxic.

Plus,you would get better gains.And you would not use your libido while on cycle.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I tiny bit of background: 32 Yrs, been lifting most of my life off and on, 5' 10", 190 lbs, probably about 15% bf. Been really active lifting for the past 2 years however, with no more than a few weeks off here and there. So I recently woke up and realized that my world view was a bit off, for lack of a better term, and began to question things (everything). Obviously one of the areas that got questioned was my view on anabolics (or I wouldn't be here).

For the past 2 weeks I've been devouring TONS of posts on this and a few other forums (but honestly, this one seems the coolest) and I think I'm at the point of making a decision. I'm pretty torn, but here goes my thinking. For my first cycle I just can't bring myself to jump all the way in the deep end, even though it seems like it is actually much safer on my body (test e being what I'd like to try). This is for legal, and relationship reasons. So I think I'm going to do a cycle of H-drol for six weeks that looks something like 50/75/75/75/75 or 100/75 or 100. I know that it's not as safe as the real deal, but if I do a couple weeks of pre-cycle sups, and a good cycle support I'm sure my liver will survive. I don't have any qualms about buying and using a research chem serm because it's in a different class altogether than using an illegal (and scheduled) drug like test.

So basically, it just boils down to finding a good time to do it. I'm a business owner so I have high stress some times and I don't want to start a cycle and then not be able to devote the time to maximizing the benefits. I'm thinking of starting around mid-end of May and running through the middle of summer. My goals would be to bulk up, but also a bit of recomp since I'm at 15% bf and could certainly benefit from loosing a bit. I'm imagining going the first four weeks at a 4000 calorie bulk run and then trying to cut for the last two weeks. Has anyone ever heard of that sort of cycle? Anyway, other than that, I'm not really needing to nail down the specifics yet (serm, cycle support, h-drol brand), but I'll definitely throw up my detailed plan before I try and execute it so you guys can critique the hell out of it.

Mostly I'm just saying this place rocks and you guys are awesome... I'll be joining the "cool" club shortly.
Looks good man. If this is ur first pro hormone cycle I would suggest Halo as well. I wouldn't try to over eat for four weeks and then try to cut two weeks. I would start at about 500cals over maintenance and continue that the entire cycle. U will gain quality mass and lean down at the same time. Also halo normally doesn't start to yeild results until the start of the 4th week in my experience so trying to "bulk" the first four weeks would probably prove fruitless.