Blood work results...opinions?

retrofitted

Awards
Just got my LabCorp bloodwork done using PrivateMDLabs, and I'd really appreciate some input on the results. My recovery time and overall energy have been awful, and my coach thought my levels might be low.

28 years old
5'8"
195 lbs
Powerlifting split 4 times a week, with one day devoted to each compound plus an additional accessory day. Conditioning work done sparingly. Diet is clean. No supplements aside from whey, creatine, and pre (generally a stim pre).

No AAS/PH history whatsoever. Training seriously for about two years, focusing on strength. No drinking, drugs, smoking, nada.

Testosterone, Serum 394 ng/dL range: 348-1197
LH, Serum 5.6 mIU/ml 1.7-8.6
FSH, Serum 5.7 mIU/ml 1.5-12.4
Estradiol 21.9 pg/ml 7.6-42.6

Metabolic Panel
Glucose, Serum 83 mg/dL 65-99
BUN 32 mg/dL 6-20
BUN-to-creatinine 40 8-19

Everything seems normal with the exception of my test levels, which seem very low for a 28-year-old male with no AAS usage. My BUN and BUN-to-creatinine levels are also very high, which is a concern. I consume about 300 grams of protein a day, with the majority coming from whole food animal sources, and water intake is 1.5 gallons on average. Are these levels something I should be actively seeking to lower, or could this simply be an acute high reading?

Test was taken at 10am after 14 hours of fasting.

Thanks in advance guys.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Man tbh I'm not sure about the BUN readings but damn man that test is quite low, I'd be seeking medical attention to try and find a way to bring them levels up, personally I'd be looking into TRT :)

retrofitted

Awards
Thanks for the reply, Luke. I want to be open to all options.

Other opinions, either in agreement or disagreement?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
I had my blood tested last year (22 years old) with no AAS/PH use and my total test came out to 440. I plan on getting it done again soon to see if there is any difference. 440 seems very low for a 22 year old male but I have a very deep voice and ample body hair (good image, right?)

I never asked my doctor or brought it up because I feel great and have for years but maybe down the road TRT may be an option. I get so jealous when I see guys my age with natural test around 900 lol

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Just got my LabCorp bloodwork done using PrivateMDLabs, and I'd really appreciate some input on the results. My recovery time and overall energy have been awful, and my coach thought my levels might be low.

28 years old
5'8"
195 lbs
Powerlifting split 4 times a week, with one day devoted to each compound plus an additional accessory day. Conditioning work done sparingly. Diet is clean. No supplements aside from whey, creatine, and pre (generally a stim pre).

No AAS/PH history whatsoever. Training seriously for about two years, focusing on strength. No drinking, drugs, smoking, nada.

Metabolic Panel
BUN 32 mg/dL 6-20

Everything seems normal with the exception of my test levels, which seem very low for a 28-year-old male with no AAS usage. My BUN and BUN-to-creatinine levels are also very high, which is a concern. I consume about 300 grams of protein a day, with the majority coming from whole food animal sources, and water intake is 1.5 gallons on average. Are these levels something I should be actively seeking to lower, or could this simply be an acute high reading?

Thanks in advance guys.
I have managed to build awesome strength by natty standards and I have the same total T levels as you.

My recovery could be better.

How free was your test?
If it is much bound,you can free it up with a simple herbal extract,and you will feel TONS better.

Did you have your bloods taken in the early morning or in the afternoon?

As for creatinine level.....if you are currently taking creatine,your blood creatinine will be high.
Creatinine is a simple byproduct of creatine,that doesn`t mean at all there is something wrong with the kidneys.
Once you come off creatine,your creatinine levels should reflect the normal state of your kidneys.

jquanda

Awards
Your high BUN mainly indicates that you are dehydrated. Did it come with a complete metabolic panel which includes sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate, as well as your serum creatinine alone?

28 years old
5'8"
195 lbs

Metabolic Panel
BUN 32 mg/dL 6-20

Thanks in advance guys.

retrofitted

Awards
Your high BUN mainly indicates that you are dehydrated. Did it come with a complete metabolic panel which includes sodium, potassium, chloride and bicarbonate, as well as your serum creatinine alone?
Jquanda, thanks for the response. Yes, the test included a complete metabolic panel, with all other values being "normal" based on their reference interval. Serum creatinine was 0.81 mg/dL (reference value 0.76-1.27).

Other values:
Sodium 142 mmol/L (134-144)
Potassium 4.1 mmol/L (3.5-5.2)
Chloride 105 mmol/L (97-108)

Bicarbonate isn't listed on my results.

I consume a fairly copious amount of water and am judicious with seasoning my food, but I may certainly be dehydrated. Given my protein intake and recent information advocating less than the conventional protein amount for weightlifters (especially for a natural lifter) I assumed my high BUN was from excess consumption. Any advice?

What do you think of my testosterone level, considering my age and activity?

Killer, my test was taken fasted at 10am. Not early morning, but certainly not in the afternoon when levels might have dramatically dropped. The bloodwork I opted for did not include a test for free testosterone.

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Did you get a red blood cell count?

woodbear

Awards
Last summer i was at 7% bodyfat, superhorny as usual, 39 yrs old. The best shape of my life.
test levels around 490, strong too...
before and after i have been over 700 but with higher estrogen levels.fatter and felt much crappier. So i stopped worrying about test levels...
Free test about the same both times...
Go figure...it should be reversed, but as my doc says, my body might prefer lower range ....no ones the same.thats why there is a range, as long as you feel and look good and your levels are in the range, your fine, thats why there is a range.

Anyway, when i took bloods at my peak, i expected really high test, suprised to see it came back low,..

If you feel more bloated and crap, then you have a problem