how to split my nolvadex

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Hey guys for those of you following my log you know i just ran a test e cycle and am now prepping for pct to begin in another week. My question is, i already have a RC tamoxifen however they are capsles and not tabs so you cant just cut them in half to taper the dosages. I plan on doing the standard 40/40/20/20 the pills are 40 how do i split these up to taper the dosage

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might have to get a scale man.

AngryOldMan

Awards
If I remember right, it has a five day half-life. You should be ok running EOD to drop your dosage in half.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
If I remember right, it has a five day half-life. You should be ok running EOD to drop your dosage in half.
Does anyone else have insight on this weather this is true or not or if this would work? I appreciate the feedback definitely worth looking into

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Following a single oral dose of 20 mg tamoxifen, an average peak plasma concentration of 40 ng/mL (range 35 to 45 ng/mL) occurred approximately 5 hours after dosing. The decline in plasma concentrations of tamoxifen is biphasic with a terminal elimination half-life of about 5 to 7 days.

You can cut your tab in half if you want to achieve 20mg (roughly). It's not exact science but it will work.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Following a single oral dose of 20 mg tamoxifen, an average peak plasma concentration of 40 ng/mL (range 35 to 45 ng/mL) occurred approximately 5 hours after dosing. The decline in plasma concentrations of tamoxifen is biphasic with a terminal elimination half-life of about 5 to 7 days.

You can cut your tab in half if you want to achieve 20mg (roughly). It's not exact science but it will work.
Read my original post if i had tabs i would just cut it in half but i have capsules do you think i could get away with 40/40 and then 40/40 eod instead of ed?

txcummin

txcummin

Awards
You could always just pull the capsules apart an measure out half per day!

AngryOldMan

Awards
I've run capsules EOD on three different cycles and never had any issues. You're talking about a half life of nearly a week. But, it's up to you.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Read my original post if i had tabs i would just cut it in half but i have capsules do you think i could get away with 40/40 and then 40/40 eod instead of ed?
Sorry i missed the caps part. Well i guess you learned something about what (and what not) to buy for PCT lol. If you plan on a dosage, make sure you buy the correct SERM values. You could do a 40mg EOD dosing for a week or 2 then drop to 20mg ED. Not very precise but it could work.

AngryOldMan

Awards
I crunched the numbers...dosing every day allows your Nolva levels to stay +/- 5% from baseline steady state, EOD works out to double that or +/- 10%. (I assumed a 6 day half life). Honestly, I bet the variance from most RC companies is greater than that, but again, it's up to you.