How you know you have hit a vein.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
For your viewing pleasure, what it looks like when you hit a vein.

IMAG0103.jpg

That is most of it the rest is currently being sponged off the floor.

I pulled the pin and was life oh ****. BLOOD!!!!!

Anyways enjoy learning from my pain.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
Haha that's the way. It is a little freaky when it happens but remember to stay calm and react.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Haha that's the way. It is a little freaky when it happens but remember to stay calm and react.
I just sat there and started cleaning myself up.

PintSizPopeye

PintSizPopeye

Awards
I just sat there and started cleaning myself up.
Haven't had the pleasure to hit one yet, but this is making me rethink pinning in a carpeted room. Maybe I should move to the kitchen...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Haven't had the pleasure to hit one yet, but this is making me rethink pinning in a carpeted room. Maybe I should move to the kitchen...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah there is a small stain on the carpet now.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Looks like my shirts after going ravenous on all you can eat sloppy joes.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Assuming nothing generally happens when you stick yourself; only when you pull out?

Either way, not looking forward to this.

juggaloaded

Awards
Finally, closure. I have always worried when blood comes out but never has it been that much. Thanks and good job for the example a lot of people ask this Q.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Assuming nothing generally happens when you stick yourself; only when you pull out?

Either way, not looking forward to this.
Yeah it was not bleeding until the pin was pulled out and then the water works started.

IFBBound

IFBBound

Awards
Lol gerbil. What a mess! I haven't done that in 2 years of pinning. And hope never, I'm sure u handled it better than I would have. Is that ur quad u were pinning?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Lol gerbil. What a mess! I haven't done that in 2 years of pinning. And hope never, I'm sure u handled it better than I would have. Is that ur quad u were pinning?
Yeah that was the quad. It was a new experience for me. Hopefully I wont be repeating it.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I pinned in my quad earlier today and I must say I am glad I did not see this post first lol. That looks like a mess......

Slappy244

Slappy244

Awards
I guess that's the risk of pinning in an easy to reach spot. I've read a thread similar to this before where a bro hit a vessel in the quad and squirted blood all over the bathroom. Have you tried ventragluteal? It's a not that hard to reach, just do the dance to "I'm a little tea pot", and the hand on your hip is almost touching the spot.

PintSizPopeye

PintSizPopeye

Awards
Slappy244

Really, I'm a little teapot?!? That's good. Do you have to sing the song for it to work? That's definitely going to be stuck in my head next time I pin. Thanks a lot, almost as bad as that lamb chops song.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
How much of your gear do you think came out with that gerbil? I prob would have pinned another ml lol

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
How much of your gear do you think came out with that gerbil? I prob would have pinned another ml lol
I am not too sure I am pretty sure I nicked an artery or vein on the surface not deep in the muscle. I always give the blood a little tastes if any comes out, it did not taste like my gear at all, so I am pretty sure if I did loss any it wasnt much.

Alinshop

Banned
Awards
Yeah there is a small stain on the carpet now.

Now you can always be reminded of that day! I remember the 1st time it happened to me, blood squirted all the way across the room.

whaz

whaz

Awards
I am not too sure I am pretty sure I nicked an artery or vein on the surface not deep in the muscle. I always give the blood a little tastes if any comes out, it did not taste like my gear at all, so I am pretty sure if I did loss any it wasnt much.
His is the wallet that says "Bada$$ MotherF@@@er"

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Lol... gerbil.... dude.... had a hard time clotting huh?
Lay down and prop that leg on something higher and press hard, almost hurting pressure.
Those suck... had it happen once, and that method was the best for me...
Thats a mess though bud. Glad your alright.

joeblow1

Awards
What in hell were you doing pinning near the femoral artery. The quad shot is supposed to be given in the vastus lateralis which is on the outside of the thigh. I pin in the quads all the time and have never had more then a drop or two of blood. Are you going in from the side or the top?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
What in hell were you doing pinning near the femoral artery. The quad shot is supposed to be given in the vastus lateralis which is on the outside of the thigh. I pin in the quads all the time and have never had more then a drop or two of blood. Are you going in from the side or the top?
That isnt close to the femoral. The femoral is the largest artery in the leg not the only one there and arteries that brach off it, I just happened to nick one of the smaller ones that supplies blood to either the vastus lateralis or the dermis.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Trust me if I hit the femoral there would have been alot more blood and more potential to go to the hospital.

joeblow1

Awards
Trust me if I hit the femoral there would have been alot more blood and more potential to go to the hospital.
Ya that **** can kill you in minutes. In the pic it was hard to tell which part of the leg it was. When you said artery I thought you meant the femoral. Like I said I hit the quads frequently and never had this issue. The only time I had blood squirt out was in the delts. But it didn't bleed bad. It shot out like a squirt gun then stopped. Did you aspirate? A lot of times when people aspirate they hit veins from moving the needle around. I never aspirate and like I said hardly ever have more then a drop or two come out and I inject year round.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Ya that **** can kill you in minutes. In the pic it was hard to tell which part of the leg it was. When you said artery I thought you meant the femoral. Like I said I hit the quads frequently and never had this issue. The only time I had blood squirt out was in the delts. But it didn't bleed bad. It shot out like a squirt gun then stopped. Did you aspirate? A lot of times when people aspirate they hit veins from moving the needle around. I never aspirate and like I said hardly ever have more then a drop or two come out and I inject year round.
I once hit the delt, aspirated and started to inject. It burnt like h ell, so I took the needle out and blood squirted across the room on to the refrigerator. I agree with you an aspiration. If you are in a vein, you will feel the pain as you penetrate it and if that doesn't clue you in, as soon as you inject it will feel like fire in your veins.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have never pinned yet ..but this scares me lol

u jus clean up and put a bandage over it ? lol

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet .. This was the first time that u hit the vein ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GreenMachineX Male Anti-Aging Medicine 13
Anabolics 8
Anabolics 15
Anabolics 9
Markusrulezzz IGF-1/GH 11