Smash the competition 5/4 & 6/8

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
If you are reading this, thank you for following. I've been looking into upcoming competitions and two have sparked my interest:

5/4 NPC Spartan Bodybuilding Championships *National Qualifier*

6/8 NPC Southern California Bodybuilding Championships *National Qualifier*

I'm looking at heavyweight and 5'9 physique, but with me being roughly 185 and needing to be a lean 198+ I might need to go as a light heavy weight. I know it's better to be smaller and leaner than bigger and softer.

The first one is in 10 weeks, the 2nd in 15, so 70 and 105 days respectively. I may or may not do 5/4, not sure if I want to give myself 10 or 15 weeks. I'm kinda wanting to aim at 15 weeks, but do the one in 10 weeks as well. I wouldn't add tren tell after the first event just to see how well I do without it. Not saying I'm not trying to do well in the first one, but anything that needs work at 10 weeks could be worked on over the next 5. Any advice on how to best do this will be greatly appreciated.

As of right now this is my cycle lay out:

----Dbol---Drol--EQ-----Test---Var
1---20/d--40/d--600/w--250/w-0
2---20/d--40/d--600/w--250/w-0
3---20/d--40/d--600/w--250/w-0
4---20/d--40/d--600/w--650/w-0
5---0-----0------600/w--475/w-0
6---0-----0------600/w--475/w-80/d
7---0-----0------600/w--250/w-80/d
8---0-----0------600/w--250/w-80/d
9---0-----0------600/w--125/w-80/d
10--0-----0------600/w--125/w-80/d
7-10 Clen 20/40/40/60
1-10 Exem 25/d
1-10 Clomid 50/d

So I'm bulking right now, and then adding in a lot of test during cessation of Dbol/Drol to try and hold onto as much weight as possible(bc so much of the weight gain over the next couple weeks is water weight). In the following weeks I will continue to have a slight surplus of calories, switching to a slight deficit around week 7(when I start clen), and I may also add t3 in week 9 or 10.

----Mast--Tren--EQ-----Test---Var
11-550/w-0-----600/w--475/w-80/d
12-350/w-0-----600/w--250/w-80/d
13-350/w-0-----600/w--250/w-80/d
14-350/w-25/d--600/w--225/w-0
15-350/w-25/d--600/w--150/w-0
12-15 Clen 40/40/60/60
11-15 Exem 25/d
11-15 Clomid 50/d

So in week 14 & 15 I'm feeling out whether or not I should stay on var or kick it up a notch with tren. I'm thinking that adding in the mast in week 11 will make a big enough difference to keep me from needing to switch over. I may just switch the var for winni in the last week or two, but I'm kind of looking to minimize variables. Slight surplus in calories week 11/12 slight deficit 13/14/15, once again adding t3 week 14 or 15.

I will go over diet over the next couple weeks, but right now I'm trying to eat as much clean calories as possible.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Right on, was fallowing your last thread!

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
In but a bit confused on your layout is thatt saying you are running clomid while on gear?

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 1 - 66 days out

Weight: 184

Just trying to eat as many clean calories as possible. Mostly eggs, cheese, whole grain toast,, granola/vegi protein/powdered almonds, Greek yogurt, non fat milk, oatmeal, tuna pasta, noodles with liquid aminos, tofu, salmon/lean pork/lean beef/chicken breast on rice/quinoa/barley/bulgar wheat/couscous. Some vegis, dark greens and fruit as well.

Strength and energy is awesome, feels like I'm throwing around pillows, but I dunno about the aggression - I'm super inclined to get super pissed and start yelling. My buddy says that's the Drol.

I'm looking a little bit softer but a lot bigger, and I'm still super vascular. Need to start tanning, pantethine isn't working super well and my skin is freaking out a bit. I think it's cause my body temp is up and I'm sweating all the time.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Thanks everyone for following, it is much appreciated. Will post some progress pics soon.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
In but a bit confused on your layout is thatt saying you are running clomid while on gear?
Yes Im running Clomid in place of hcg, it's an experiment me and 4 of my friends are trying. I had read Clomid is prescribed to trt patients having trouble conceiving and I speculated that increased sperm count on cycle would mean warding of testicular atrophy. So far we've all had the same experience - increased load volume and enlarged testis. So not only have they not shrunk, they've grown. Won't really know how well it works tell pct.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Current workout program:

A:
Bench 10x10
Tbar row 10x10
Straight leg deadlift 10x10
60s rest between sets
Tricep pulldown 2x30
Cable pec flies 2x30
Lat pullover 2x30
Side delt 2x30
Leg curl 2x30

B:
Over head press 10x10
Lat pulldown 10x10
Leg press 10x10
60s rest between sets
Hammer curls 2x30
Shrug 2x30
Lat shrug 2x30
Front delt 2x30
Quad extension 2x30

C:
Dips 10x10
Upright rows 10x10
Squat 10x10
60s rest between sets
Pec hold 2x60s
Skull crusher2x30
Reverse grip preacher curl 2x30
Rear delt 2x30
Glute hold 2x60s
Frequently skipped due to knee pain, and an ABA BAB schedule turns out.

Then on the in between days I do calf press 10x10, core and cardio.

I also do thumbless grip on a number of lifts as well as forearm iso when using cables. I also focus on one muscle rather than both for a few lifts - eg I do one sided shrugs.

That gets me going about x5 a week, but it's a lot of volume and I feel it the next day or two. This isn't permanent but I'm trying to put on size right now and thought gvt sounded interesting. Of course this is different, sort of my version of it. Loving it so far.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Current workout program:

A:
Bench 10x10
Tbar row 10x10
Straight leg deadlift 10x10
60s rest between sets
Tricep pulldown 2x30
Cable pec flies 2x30
Lat pullover 2x30
Side delt 2x30

B:
Over head press 10x10
Lat pulldown 10x10
Leg press 10x10
60s rest between sets
Hammer curls 2x30
Shrug 2x30
Lat shrug 2x30
Front delt 2x30

C:
Dips 10x10
Upright rows 10x10
Squat 10x10
60s rest between sets
Pec hold 2x30
Skull crusher2x30
Reverse grip preacher curl 2x30
Rear delt 2x30
Frequently skipped due to knee pain, and an ABA BAB schedule turns out.

Then on the in between days I do calf press 10x10, core and cardio.

I also do thumbless grip on a number of lifts as well as forearm iso when using cables. I also focus on one muscle rather than both for a few lifts - eg I do one sided shrugs.

That gets me going about x5 a week, but it's a lot of volume and I feel it the next day or two. This isn't permanent but I'm trying to put on size right now and thought gvt sounded interesting. Of course this is different, sort of my version of it. Loving it so far.
Interesting program. German high volume training mixed with 2x30s.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Interesting program. German high volume training mixed with 2x30s.
Ya I'm combining a few concepts. I had been doing a 3x30 program after reading a study that stated it causes similar hypertrophy as 3x10. I had already been incorporating some high volume at the end of a strangling 5x5 program to promote additional growth. I had switched to full 3x30 program to try and pt some injuries I had gotten in strength training after a motorcycle accident. So 5x5 and HST - the previous workout program I had used - had both worked out well for me, and I continued with the same full body idea in 3x30. The problem with 3x30 is I plateaud and couldn't break past certain weights. So yes it provided good growth for me and made my injuries a lot better, but I wanted to get stronger and increase my mass. So I took gvt but instead of doing a 3 day split in 5 days I did a 5 day split in 7 days with 3 full body workouts. And then I decided to apply the 3x30 after the 3 core exercises for added blood flow/pumps and to tear up the muscle a bit more. I get it all done in about an hour too, and then stretch for 15 mins, and I'm really liking it. I feel like I'm getting stronger and growing really well again, and it leaves me really sore.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Hey smash, how long do you rest between sets?

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Hey smash, how long do you rest between sets?
The 10x10 sets have 60s rest breaks, although gvt is supposed to be 90s. I might try 90s if I get to a weight that's difficult to finish a set. I'm also a little off on the the rep time, but I'm pretty close to 3s a rep.

The 2x30 rests aren't really timed, I just wait tell I feel rested.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 3 - 64 days out

Weight: 185

My hunger kinda sucked the last two days and I didn't see any weight gain. I do think I look bigger and I think I was just dehydrated. I spent the whole day in the water. Did Workout A, and it was pretty awesome, I'm thinking I can do 10 lb increases than my usual 5lb.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Nice work man. Count me in

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I just tried your A workout today and it was alot of fun. Hope you are doing well good sir.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
I just tried your A workout today and it was alot of fun. Hope you are doing well good sir.
Ya I'm really enjoying this program as well, and this is prolly the first time I've seriously timed my sets, gives it a competitive feel. How'd the 60s rests treat you? For me it seems pretty easy at first but when you get past 5 sets it starts getting pretty difficult. You going to try B or C? Ive taken awhile to hone three groups that feel pretty well rounded to me, and it'd be cool to see that it works for someone else and not just me.

I forgot leg iso so double check that cause I have it edited. Also let me know if you are unsure about anything or have any questions about the names of exercises. I also use the progressive loading protocol from stronglift 5x5.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Ya I'm really enjoying this program as well, and this is prolly the first time I've seriously timed my sets, gives it a competitive feel. How'd the 60s rests treat you? For me it seems pretty easy at first but when you get past 5 sets it starts getting pretty difficult. You going to try B or C? Ive taken awhile to hone three groups that feel pretty well rounded to me, and it'd be cool to see that it works for someone else and not just me.

I forgot leg iso so double check that cause I have it edited. Also let me know if you are unsure about anything or have any questions about the names of exercises. I also use the progressive loading protocol from stronglift 5x5.
The 60 seconds rest works well. The only one I had a problem with on A day was the t-bar rows, because I had to strip weight and adjust for my partner then redo. So I was throwing 45 plates around a lot. The dead lifts was fun only did 225lbs for 10x10 I think I am going either around 250 or 275 next time. Also the Laterals is a bastard child.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I am intending on doing b and c. Also what are Glut holds and Pec holds?

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
How did the 10x10 dead lifts feel? I'm thinking of doing that today with 225. Did you also rest for 60s between sets?
Think I'd pass out lol

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
Yes Im running Clomid in place of hcg, it's an experiment me and 4 of my friends are trying. I had read Clomid is prescribed to trt patients having trouble conceiving and I speculated that increased sperm count on cycle would mean warding of testicular atrophy. So far we've all had the same experience - increased load volume and enlarged testis. So not only have they not shrunk, they've grown. Won't really know how well it works tell pct.
oh dude ofcourse. your speculations will turn to truth. 50mg eod is plenty. ur girl wont even know wats going on lol

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
How did the 10x10 dead lifts feel? I'm thinking of doing that today with 225. Did you also rest for 60s between sets?
Think I'd pass out lol
It was fun. Very intense and my forearms where killing me cause I dont use straps. I went 45-60 seconds depending on how slow my partner was going.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Alrighty I'll be giving this a try in about 1 hour!

Horrible. Could only do 5 sets at 225. Don't know how you guys do it.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty I'll be giving this a try in about 1 hour!

Horrible. Could only do 5 sets at 225. Don't know how you guys do it.
Well for me it is hard work determination and test/winny.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Also I have 30 pounds on you.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 10 - 57 days out

Weight: 187

Broke my phone last week and this app is how I get on here so my apologies for the delayed response. The last week was super busy, ended up working a lot and being super tired and eating poorly - almost not enough calories to gain any weight - and I only got into the gym twice. A little irritating, especially when looking at my calender and I see how many days I have left.

Slight turn of events: I will be in Korea with my fiancée meeting her father for the 2nd competition so I'll be looking for a different event after the first one. Prolly mid to late summer.

So how am I doing? Good strength and energy I'm the gym, and I'm painfully hungry all the time - if I could only get the food in. I'm enjoying 10mg dbol in the morning and 10mg at night or 20mg workout. My skin couldn't handle the drol and it was just giving me a ****ty attitude in general. I ordered some Accutane and will be ceasing orals temporarily so that I don't kill my liver. Not sure if var is mild enough to start before I finish the tane - perhaps someone will have some insight on this. I will only be running 20mg/day, I was thinking 30 days should suffice.

Other than that things are moving along pretty smoothly. Will post up some pics post workout tomorrow.

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
Accutane is just as rough as ph's/DS. From my experience as a kid, it required that I get regular blood work...

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Man I hope your prepared for the sides. My mrs took it for nine months and she was more insufferable than normal :D

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
I am intending on doing b and c. Also what are Glut holds and Pec holds?
I thought I had replied to this, guess it never posted... When I say glute hold I don't really mean a hold, I face a low cable and put a strap around my foot. Then with my leg straight I pull back as hard as I can and hold, but I will rep it a bit too. My glutes and calves are both lacking. Pec hold is where you take two plated and hold them together in front of you.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Pec holds are brutal! I do them at the end of a chest workout with 2 10s

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 24 ~ 42 days out.

Weight: 187

Been super busy, stressing on progress, and not eating enough to really make any real gains. I doubt I'll be able to get up to 205, and if I did I think I'd look soft. Gym sessions have been too short as well, and IM having trouble making the 5 days a week. I may be making some big schedule changes soon.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Check out my log smash. Are you still messin with igf lr3?

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Check out my log smash. Are you still messin with igf lr3?
Yes Im still using igf lr3 along with mgf and mgf peg. Pretty low dose like 40-60mcg 3x a week 200mcg mgf 3x a week and 200mcg peg on an off day. Plus ghrp/cjc in the morning and 2iu hgh every other night.

You started logging that again? Or is it a new log?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yes Im still using igf lr3 along with mgf and mgf peg. Pretty low dose like 40-60mcg 3x a week 200mcg mgf 3x a week and 200mcg peg on an off day. Plus ghrp/cjc in the morning and 2iu hgh every other night.

You started logging that again? Or is it a new log?
Its a new log bud. Im going on my second comp.
Hgh must be sick.... i have been wanting to get some.... there expensive....

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 31 - 35 days out

Rough week gentleman, came down with the flu. Was about 190 but I lost close to 10 lbs. Gf claims I look more cut but I feel flat. A lot of my hardness went away but then again I dropped var - couldn't keep anything down. Switching to masteron for health reasons - var and tane is pretty rough. Might add tren 14-21 days out depending on how I'm looking and feeling. For now I'm trying to get strength and energy back so I can get back into the gym.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Day: 31 - 35 days out

Rough week gentleman, came down with the flu. Was about 190 but I lost close to 10 lbs. Gf claims I look more cut but I feel flat. A lot of my hardness went away but then again I dropped var - couldn't keep anything down. Switching to masteron for health reasons - var and tane is pretty rough. Might add tren 14-21 days out depending on how I'm looking and feeling. For now I'm trying to get strength and energy back so I can get back into the gym.
Get better bro. Its going around right now. You should definitely bring in the tren man it will make you hard looking and get rid of the last bits of fat while also bringing out some vascularity

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Get better bro. Its going around right now. You should definitely bring in the tren man it will make you hard looking and get rid of the last bits of fat while also bringing out some vascularity
Would 2-3 weeks be enough? I'd also drop the test 2-3 weeks out as well so that come competition my test levels will have dropped to a low level - I'm running 400mg sustanon per week right now.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yeah run it high as fuk. I would run it 100mg ed. Preload your first 2 days with 300mg that will get blood levels up fast. Keep test 5 times lower than total tren to help with sides.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Yeah run it high as fuk. I would run it 100mg ed. Preload your first 2 days with 300mg that will get blood levels up fast. Keep test 5 times lower than total tren to help with sides.
So even though tren ace has such a quick release rate I'd still preload it? I mean 300mg/day the first couple days and then 700mg/week seems like a lot. I was thinking 25-50mg/day... Maybe throw in 200mg of tren e the first week and 100mg/week every week after to keep blood levels stable.

And you mean 20mg test for every 100mg tren?

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Day: 33 - 33 days out

Weight: 181

Awesome being back in the gym. Felt really good, really strong. My veins are looking like tree roots wrapping around my arms.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
So even though tren ace has such a quick release rate I'd still preload it? I mean 300mg/day the first couple days and then 700mg/week seems like a lot. I was thinking 25-50mg/day... Maybe throw in 200mg of tren e the first week and 100mg/week every week after to keep blood levels stable.

And you mean 20mg test for every 100mg tren?
I like around 250mg test and 700mg tren. I get no bad sides and freaky at that dose. Yes preload the first few days. It gets you to a large blood concentration faster and makes you have a steadier blood level the entire time. I can try and post up a graph of blood levels for you to show with and without preloading to explain.

Remember the test is just there for sexual function and organ function. The tren is what makes you gain and lose fat not test. A lot of guys pine 300mg of prop and 1g of tren weeks out from contest and results are amazing

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I like around 250mg test and 700mg tren. I get no bad sides and freaky at that dose. Yes preload the first few days. It gets you to a large blood concentration faster and makes you have a steadier blood level the entire time. I can try and post up a graph of blood levels for you to show with and without preloading to explain.

Remember the test is just there for sexual function and organ function. The tren is what makes you gain and lose fat not test. A lot of guys pine 300mg of prop and 1g of tren weeks out from contest and results are amazing
Hey DD if you've got that graph I would like to look at it man. I suggested for someone to frontload a short ester and got flamed hard for it, would be nice to have something to show if it comes up again.