Warming gear?

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
What is the best and proper way to heat gear before pinning?.. Thanks in advance !

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
holding the vial in your hand should suffice.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Placing the vial right side up in hot water.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just man up and pin it cold! :D

When I would warm the test I would just run the vial or syringe under warm water for a minute.

druller655321

Awards
I don't agree with water. There might be a bad crimp on your vial, and bacteria could be introduced to your gear. I go cold, but if I did warm it I'd use a hair dryer.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I don't agree with water. There might be a bad crimp on your vial, and bacteria could be introduced to your gear. I go cold, but if I did warm it I'd use a hair dryer.
Thats the reason you never allow the water to touch the crimp.

druller655321

Awards
Life happens sometimes ie minute droplets splashing up or just potentially fuarking up and dropping it in the water. I guess the hair dryer could add bacteria if there's a bad seal. Just my personal preference.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^way over thinking.... To each his own.

anarchy

anarchy

Awards
I put my test in a pan and put the burner on the lowest setting and heat it that way... I used to use warm water but then I had to dry all the water off before cleaning the stopper and it took longer.

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
Thanks guys I appreciate it,when I pin it cold it takes days to move I pinned Wednesday without heating and it still feels rock hard around the pin hole area .......and hurts like hell !!!how long does it take gear to move ?????

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Thanks guys I appreciate it,when I pin it cold it takes days to move I pinned Wednesday without heating and it still feels rock hard around the pin hole area .......and hurts like hell !!!how long does it take gear to move ?????
Where do you pin?

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
The only places I know of that give you that response is calves, biceps and pecs. Pecs are quite uncomfortable, but they give you two extra parts to pin so I still do them. Trying to get 8 spots down myself. I figure once you have 8 if you need more than you need to reassess what you are doing.

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
I pin in my deltoid,tried pinning my glute in my first cycle but it was way to uncomfortable for work and training!!

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
I am only new to this it's my second cycle so I don't even have pecks gerbil lol...but again very good advice thanks man,I'm gonna try heat it with the bottle upright as you said and see how it goes .

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Don't see why you would do this when you can just grip the loaded syringe for a minute.
thats what i meant....

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All good options: hairdryer, microwave, clutch in fist, and warm water.

You should at least have 2-3 sites down for your first run, i always recommend delt and quad as they are probably the easiest and big muscle groups help. Glute is typically nice and easy, especially if you have someone to pin for you as it's awkward. After that it's up to you to find what other sites you're comfortable with. I know guys that love bicep, and others that can't pin it. Or guys who pin chest, while others get nauseous just thinking about it lol.

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
All good options: hairdryer, microwave, clutch in fist, and warm water.

You should at least have 2-3 sites down for your first run, i always recommend delt and quad as they are probably the easiest and big muscle groups help. Glute is typically nice and easy, especially if you have someone to pin for you as it's awkward. After that it's up to you to find what other sites you're comfortable with. I know guys that love bicep, and others that can't pin it. Or guys who pin chest, while others get nauseous just thinking about it lol.
Thanks man I appreciate the help ,you make it sound so easy lol ..

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man I appreciate the help ,you make it sound so easy lol ..
It's easy once you get the hang of it. If it takes you longer than 2 minutes to pin a site, you're doing it wrong. Should be quick and painless, unless you hit or nick a nerve :p

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Glutes quads and delts are the ones I would recommend to try, pecs are painful but doable. I might try biceps later but not in the next week or two.

vassille

Awards
If it's hurts that much is not normal. Your concentration is wack in your gear, prob way too much BA. Get some grapeseed oil and cut that sheeit down. Then it wont hurt and you dont have to warm it up.

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
If it's hurts that much is not normal. Your concentration is wack in your gear, prob way too much BA. Get some grapeseed oil and cut that sheeit down. Then it wont hurt and you dont have to warm it up.
How much grapeseed oil do I need to cut it with and how do I do it ??

vassille

Awards
How much grapeseed oil do I need to cut it with and how do I do it ??
If you double the entire content of the bottle for example then you dilute the concentration in half. That means you need another bottle as well.
So, let's say you have t400, after this it will be 200mg/ml.
Or if it;s 300 then will end up 150. You can put whatever amount of oil you want just do the math.
You can use less oil just do the math the same way.
First you need a .22 micron filter for the oil. Then bake it at 25min at 250 deg oven. I know it's a process but it beats the pain.

tommy j

tommy j

Awards
Ok man I'm gonna try it,thanks for the advice I appreciate it.