anyone ever scared???

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I am a big and bad guy, ahem...

What was your first pinning experience like??

I am nervous as hell for some reason,
Honestly I didn't think it was going to be a big deal.
well it seems like it is going to be.

how did you overcome the fear,
damn I said it , I hate needles.

help

Bennett

Awards
Yeah I am a big and bad guy, ahem...

What was your first pinning experience like??

I am nervous as hell for some reason,
Honestly I didn't think it was going to be a big deal.
well it seems like it is going to be.

how did you overcome the fear,
damn I said it , I hate needles.

help
The first time I injected my hand was shaking,but I sucked it up and did it anyway.After the first time It was pretty easy.It's actually pretty painless.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
first injection was no problem for me. then again, i had a few tats at the time, so needles weren't a big deal anymore. where you plan on shooting at? shoulder is the easiest IMO.

Bas4Lizzife

Awards
i wasnt scared going in and figured i'd have to learn how to pin eventually so i might as well just man up. that's not to say that I wasn't shaking and the first injection didnt take longer than it should have. after that it was smooth sailing, until i started hitting nerves. ive hit nerves in the quad and delts now so im always a bit hesitant poking some places now. i tried the pecs but it just didnt seem like the pin wanted to go in.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'd pin the glute first. I never feel any pain there and you can drop like 3 CCs there and its no thang. Also, like Beezle said, delts aren't bad either. I was a little nervous my first time, but now that I'm used to it, its no big deal.....its fun. :thumbsup:

Maybe you could get a girlfriend or buddy to pin you the first time so you won't be as nervous....

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
nerves

ok, so I havent pinned yet, But im not worried about pain(TATT'S/stitches/SCARS)
im more concerned about absorbtion and nerves.

Ive seen this one picture where some guy had like some sort of build up or overflow in his quad, made me think twice.

also stories of hitting nerves and the like, you know its some crazy ****.

still, when the time comes- im there and ready to roll

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Its really quite exagerated as most things are. You can certainly expect to be nervous and shaking, but just take it slow and the nerves are no big deal. You will feel when you are getting close to one, just ease back and angle a little differently. I also suggest trying quads first, really easy and accessable.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I just cranked up some metallica, asked myself if I wanted to get big, zoned out and buried the needle, didnt feel a thing. You will laugh when it is all over with because you wont feel a thing. I would say hit your glute first, and for me I have to have someone push the plunger for me because I always cramp up from being twisted around, but I stick the pin myself.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I just cranked up some metallica, asked myself if I wanted to get big, zoned out and buried the needle, didnt feel a thing. You will laugh when it is all over with because you wont feel a thing. I would say hit your glute first, and for me I have to have someone push the plunger for me because I always cramp up from being twisted around, but I stick the pin myself.
i get that problem too, probably why i prefer delts.

anywho, if you're pushing the needle in slowly, you'll know when you're getting close to a nerve. my muscle starts twitching when i'm getting close. i just pull out, relocate a tad, and go again.

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
I went with my quad cause I was pretty shakey and this way I could use both hands, after the first time you'll see it's no big deal and it will get easier and easier. Glutes are by far the least painful but like I said I would hit a quad first.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Was nervous EVERY time I did a shot. Never got over it. The pain never bothered me because there really isn't any to speak of.

What got me was thinking I was going to colapse a muscle or some other major mistake. If you don't think this can happen to you, you are wrong. I know quite a FEW vets and even 2 pros who have done this even after having shot themselves WELL over a THOUSAND times. Besides the infections etc etc

So yep nervous EVERY time BUT it never stopped me from doing it :twisted:

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
You arent supposed to say things like that crowler:trout: We are trying to get him to do it, not scare him! Just playing, you have to know all the risks that come with it. Kelsey just do it!!!!

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I got allergy shots for years. First shot was in the quad. I don't know, I really enjoyed the experience. I had all this adrenaline rushing through my body and it was quite a fun experience.

xXx

Board Supporter
Awards
IMO The quad is easiest to do. Thats where i did my first inject and it's still my favorite spot followed by delts. The good thing about quad is you can use both hands which really helps trying to push that thick oil thru a 25g needle. Was I nervous hell ya, that 1-1/2" needle looked like it was going to go all the way through... (imagination). It goes in easy and painless.... just kinda hard pushing on the plunger... got to press hard to get it in.

Good luck...

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
My first time was with a huge 19g pin, that's all I had. I actually held an icepack on my glute for 5 minutes before, & couldn't even feel it. Got used to it after a few times, I didn't need the icepack. You only feel it going thru the skin, once it's in the muscle, you can't feel anything. Thats why the icepack method worked so well.

I find the slower you insert, the less pain you feel. That's why shots at the doc hurt like a motherf'er sometimes, they just stab it into you.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I did a quad the first time. I wasn't scared, but I was nervous, so I did the quad because I could see what I was doing very well and use both hands (someone else above said the same thing, so I'm glad I'm not the only one that was shaking my first time). Didn't hurt, and it was kinda cool to see the needle go in and come out.

/karp

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
man thx for the replies,

I did something like nate dawg sugested,

I just looked in the mirror and pumped myself up,

I did 1.5cc in the delt, no pain, a little sore as the day goes on,
NO BIGGIE, gosh i am a wuss

I was using a 1.5in ( long) you have to concentrate not to push it all the way in.
I looked away for a second and it had slid all the way in, luckily i have some shoulder thickness, man.. bone or lig impact would suck.

i really appreciate all of the help,

I am going to start a log , i have a feeling this is going to be the cycle of all cycles.

FZane

Awards
longdog,
Gear goes in real quick with that 19 to doesn't it! :)

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't mind hearing more about this muscle collapsing. That sounds important.. Anyway, I've done mine in the glute and felt nothing each time. I didn't even feel the needle touch my skin...

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
ok my left delt is aching like a big dog, maybe cause i went a little deep.

i pinned my right glute today, i felt something, no big deal, I went for my thigh first but hit a nerve, man i am a wuss.

how long does pain usualy last?
I benched yesterday, and did overheads (heavy) and felt fine, just aches.

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
try buying lidocaine cream from ebay, it local anesthetic cream, so you will feel nothing you can find it on ebay for 5$.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
It depends, it will usually hurt for a day, possibly two afterwards. My shoulders always seemed a little tender after i shot them. I tried to plan out my sites around what body parts I was working, for example I would shoot glutes or thigh before upperbody work, and usually delts before leg work, if that makes sense. For example I usually do chest on monday, if I have an injection on sunday I wont do shoulders for sure, and if I have an injection on thursday which is my shoulder day, I usually do a delt shot after the workout. That probably made things more confusing. shooting a body part after working it kind of masks the pain from the shot due to the soreness from lifting, so I have found that helps some.

Also one thing that helps a bit is taking a hot shower after the injection and massaging the site for a few minutes, and then afterwards I would usually rub some icy hot on it.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I have pinned thus far :
r. delt
r. glute
l. glute (today)

my question is: does it normally bleed 6-7 drops afterward, I asperated, although very hard i might add in the glute, and went 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches in so i was deep enough.

I put 1.5cc in my left glute and it bled, hmm it stopped but maybe i went through a vein or something....

thoughts? ever happened to you?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I have had some times it did bleed. Don't know how many drops. I have even had it bleed in a glute shot even when given the shot by a nurse so sounds like all is ok with you.