cruising on eq?

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
anybody heard of this?? I ended up with a random workout buddy, and the dude was an ox. After admiring his strength and appetite (he pounded two 32 oz mass gainers immediately after his workout...it was amazing) we naturally moved onto the topics of anabolics. He told me he only did like 2 or 3 "cycles" and now all he does is cruise on 300mgs of test and 300mgs of EQ a week. Hes been doin this for about 3 years now

I have never heard of this but its working for him...and naturally, now that im on eq for the first time it got me thinking lol.

the dude is jacked...like 6'2 and 265 and 8% bodyfat jacked. The dude eats w/e the hell he wants, he keeps it clean about 75-80% of the time (his words) and lifts about 4 days a week.

If hes gotten this kind of results, why doesnt more people cruise on low dosed eq?? It doesnt seem all that hard and its a hell of alot cheaper than some of the other stuff? Is he a genetic mutant maybe?? I dunno but i was like whoa...thats a hell of a lot easier than cycleing.

Im not planning on doing it, at least not now. but im sure that i will be on TRT at some point in the future and if i am, maybe ill throw it in.

I just wanted to get everybody elses thought on the matter! has anybody else heard of this or anything else similar?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
louie simmons has cruised on eq and deca for years. Some people cruise on deca and test, I dont see why someone could not cruise on eq and test.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
That's what I was thinking! It's cheap, always available if I need it, not very readily aromatized, sides are extremely low, it really sounds like the perfect match to cruise on test with!

I'm think maybe I might try it in the future! I love it! I'm so glad I went with if on my second cycle. I'm gonna look more into it! Any body else have any input ??

~ MANotaur

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
That's what I was thinking! It's cheap, always available if I need it, not very readily aromatized, sides are extremely low, it really sounds like the perfect match to cruise on test with!

I'm think maybe I might try it in the future! I love it! I'm so glad I went with if on my second cycle. I'm gonna look more into it! Any body else have any input ??

~ MANotaur
This plus:

I wonder if the EQ allows him to always be hungry hence able to down multiple 32oz shakes after a workout. If your always hungry it's not hard to consume enough calories to be 265+.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I could picture that really messing with your bp.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
This plus:

I wonder if the EQ allows him to always be hungry hence able to down multiple 32oz shakes after a workout. If your always hungry it's not hard to consume enough calories to be 265+.
I'm sure! Eq hunger is insane! It's really a different feeling than just skipping a meal hungry.

What I thought was most amazing wasn't his weight, ( which was still huge and amazing) but he is 6 ft plus, so higher weights are easier to obtain. But how lean he was with the amount he ate and his said diet

~ MANotaur

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I'm sure! Eq hunger is insane! It's really a different feeling than just skipping a meal hungry.

What I thought was most amazing wasn't his weight, ( which was still huge and amazing) but he is 6 ft plus, so higher weights are easier to obtain. But how lean he was with the amount he ate and his said diet

~ MANotaur
I bet after 3 years of cruising he has it down to an exact science. Found his sweet spot and maintains it. Not sure if that makes sense, but it seems that he found exactly what works for him and hasn't changed the method. Would be a great conversation to have with him though.

Or maybe he's just one lucky SOB lol

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards

~ MANotaur

I'm almost 6'2 and the cycle I'm starting in two weeks will have EQ in it mainly because I want to see how hungry it will make me. I want to see how much I can consume as bulking up is much tougher for me than cutting. I naturally walk around at 11% bf. I'm fortunate that I can stay near that bf % even when bulking though so maybe he's similar in that regard?

If you talk to him again it would be nice to hear what he has to say.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I'm almost 6'2 and the cycle I'm starting in two weeks will have EQ in it mainly because I want to see how hungry it will make me. I want to see how much I can consume as bulking up is much tougher for me than cutting. I naturally walk around at 11% bf. I'm fortunate that I can stay near that bf % even when bulking though so maybe he's similar in that regard?

If you talk to him again it would be nice to hear what he has to say.
Ill prolly see him soonish..within the next week. Anything you want me to ask in particular??

~ MANotaur

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Ill prolly see him soonish..within the next week. Anything you want me to ask in particular??

~ MANotaur
Why he chose to cruise on EQ? But really nothing in particular, I just find it interesting to get feedback from guys that do something a little different.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Why he chose to cruise on EQ? But really nothing in particular, I just find it interesting to get feedback from guys that do something a little different.
He said that eq is known for slow consistent gains that are solid and easy to maintain. Thats his main reason and the very low sides. He's replaced it with deca every now and then but he always goes back to the eq. He said nandrolone based sides are usually to much to make cruising with it worth while. He also doesn't like walking around looking like a pregnant chipmunk while he's on nandrolone ( his words not mine)

~ MANotaur

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
cant u cruise on anything like even 50 mgs of SD if you dont wanna live long

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure, Arnold cruised/ bridged on dbols and primo so yeah. Do you wanna cruise on 50 Mgs of SD?

~ MANotaur
You realize all the "Arnold Cycles" are pure speculation he did admit to using gear but never revealed what gear he was on.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
You realize all the "Arnold Cycles" are pure speculation he did admit to using gear but never revealed what gear he was on.
He is quoted at saying primo is his favorite aas, everything else is " speculated" because he never said what he actually used or did on cycle

~ MANotaur

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
someone explain "cruising" please

hgjespersen

hgjespersen

Awards
Cruising is basically TRT with higher than normal doses. For an extended period of time. When you cycle its called a "blast". When you blast you add other compounds and up the dosages. This method is often used by pros

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys are failing to see the health risks that are below the surface of his strength and physique.

Testosterone can/will increase RBC and hematocrit even at clinical TRT levels. EQ shows a marked ability for increasing red blood cell production. This thickens blood, increases blood pressure and other cardiovascular risks associated.

The idea of "cruising" on these at 300mg each without keeping a good close look at you bloods is a health risk IMHO. Then again I no longer have the mental defect associated with youth or immaturity that results in the belief that I am invincible. :)

Just some food for thought.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
You guys are failing to see the health risks that are below the surface of his strength and physique.

Testosterone can/will increase RBC and hematocrit even at clinical TRT levels. EQ shows a marked ability for increasing red blood cell production. This thickens blood, increases blood pressure and other cardiovascular risks associated.

The idea of "cruising" on these at 300mg each without keeping a good close look at you bloods is a health risk IMHO. Then again I no longer have the mental defect associated with youth or immaturity that results in the belief that I am invincible. :)

Lol the all wise dd!!

I knew that there were inherit risk associated with it. I just thought it was interesting his choice and his results. That's why I started the thread!

~ MANotaur

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Cruising is basically TRT with higher than normal doses. For an extended period of time. When you cycle its called a "blast". When you blast you add other compounds and up the dosages. This method is often used by pros
Not just the pros. This particular guy is just a regular, typical lifting enthusiast just like the rest of us. He ha some very helpful insights to his thoughts on " cycling" and "blasting" and why he doesn't like them. I kind of agree with him on alot of stuff, after doing my own research on the matter. I just felt that it could make for a very interesting thread here on the forum!

~ MANotaur

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The idea of running it longer low dosed is not a bad idea in and of itself. Infinitely, or for very long extended cruises, without bloods, might be reckless. The blood data, and not anecdotal reports, would be more responsible and safe way to proceed IMO.

A friend and I who are TRT patients often discuss things of this nature BUT analyze it more in light of longevity and health over results.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It all depends on who you ask. Some "cruise" on a TRT dose and then "blast" for a period with a cycle dose level of testosterone.

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards

You could always donate blood, I cruise on 500 mgs a week far above the trt dosage I know bout could any one link me an article for the issue of "steroid burnout" aka receptor burn out as that could be a legit concern

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
I never heard of "cruising" until an AM buddy mentioned it; but i didnt know what he meant. Now my question is: aside from the other health risks of perpetually being on, what about the possability that your body completely shuts down test production? The point of cycling is to get your body to know its ok to produce test again. Any thoughts?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could always donate blood, I cruise on 500 mgs a week far above the trt dosage I know bout could any one link me an article for the issue of "steroid burnout" aka receptor burn out as that could be a legit concern
Yes you can. I do. But do you know, with blood work if it is effective for you in keeping your RBC and hematacrit down. Additionally, simply because you are, or can, do something doesn't mean it is advisable.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Yes you can. I do. But do you know, with blood work if it is effective for you in keeping your RBC and hematacrit down. Additionally, simply because you are, or can, do something doesn't mean it is advisable.
I agree and yes! Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

~ MANotaur

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

I'm glad to see you bringing this point up. I wish I had seen more discussed and stressed on that topic before I had my issue so I would have taken the steps to avoid it. Bottom line it was my fault but I think that should be a higher concern first and foremost then the more common issues adressed. You can fix gyno or shrunken nuts but you can't do any of that if your dead from heart attack or stroke.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
I'm glad to see you bringing this point up. I wish I had seen more discussed and stressed on that topic before I had my issue so I would have taken the steps to avoid it. Bottom line it was my fault but I think that should be a higher concern first and foremost then the more common issues adressed. You can fix gyno or shrunken nuts but you can't do any of that if your dead from heart attack or stroke.
What happened to you?? If you don't mind what was your situation??

~ MANotaur

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
What happened to you?? If you don't mind what was your situation??

~ MANotaur
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse when I bring it up but I guess if it can bring awareness and helps its a good thing to talk about. I was about 9 weeks in on a 500mg a week test e cycle and had a heart attack. My heart was having trouble pumping my blood because it was like molasses ( to quote my cardiologist). A situation as a result of exactly what mr Dunn was addressing but more common with TRT patients rather then standard cycles. Not sure if this had part in it but a few days prior I had started low dosing my AI eod because I thought I hit a wall I felt and thought maybe my estro was high so figured it couldn't hurt to low dose and test the waters. I remeber BP went up upon dosing my AI but I didn't pay much attention. I didn't really think It much a concern at the time seeing as I never read much concerning heart issues with such a cycle. I'd never had issues before and had no reason for immediate concern.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse when I bring it up but I guess if it can bring awareness and helps its a good thing to talk about. I was about 9 weeks in on a 500mg a week test e cycle and had a heart attack. My heart was having trouble pumping my blood because it was like molasses ( to quote my cardiologist). A situation as a result of exactly what mr Dunn was addressing but more common with TRT patients rather then standard cycles. Not sure if this had part in it but a few days prior I had started low dosing my AI eod because I thought I hit a wall I felt and thought maybe my estro was high so figured it couldn't hurt to low dose and test the waters. I remeber BP went up upon dosing my AI but I didn't pay much attention. I didn't really think It much a concern at the time seeing as I never read much concerning heart issues with such a cycle. I'd never had issues before and had no reason for immediate concern.

Do you think your situation was an isolated case? Was this something your cardiologist has seen before ? Anything you think you could have done to prevent it?

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
OMG, I just **** my pants!! No cruising for me.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Do you think your situation was an isolated case? Was this something your cardiologist has seen before ? Anything you think you could have done to prevent it?
My cardiologist was clueless as far as what test can do to trigger such an occurance. He actually told me he didnt think the testosterone played a roll after giving me a run down of the diagnosis. He was very smug in his assesment. My treatment was not good there and I'm not sure if it was cus he was an ass hole which he was or he didn't care to give me his full attention because I was uninsured. There's plenty I could have done to avoid the situation but I was under informed. I understood the basics of what I was doing . My plan was in line and working great. I just didn't expect the unexpected. Getting bloods and/or donating blood before and while on regularly could have most likely deterred ther situation is what Ive gathered from the stuff I've found on the subject.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
OMG, I just **** my pants!! No cruising for me.
Mind you I was not cruising . I was on a 12 week test cycle. Nothing compared to what alot of guys take on. Just goes to show how important monitoring your blood is while on. Crazy stuff can happen , most the time for most it doesn't buy you don't wanna be that odd occurance.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your experience is what I had in mind when cautioning these guys. You are evidence to support my view.

Yeah, there are no ancillaries that fix dead.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Mind you I was not cruising . I was on a 12 week test cycle. Nothing compared to what alot of guys take on. Just goes to show how important monitoring your blood is while on. Crazy stuff can happen , most the time for most it doesn't buy you don't wanna be that odd occurance.
What was your bp? Mine right now is 124/74

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
What was your bp? Mine right now is 124/74
Oh I don't remember my BP at the time. I remember when it happened my resting heart rate was around 130bpm while I was under observation for 12 hours then they decided to do a cardio cath after my bloodwork showed signs of a heart attack. No blockages no stints. I honestly feel had they researched more on what I was taking and the possible sides that the cardio cath could have been avoided seeing it ended up being not needed. I received some of my bloodwork info later. My LDL 49, HDL 25 , triglycerides 79. I was not told anything else about my bloodwork that lead them to believe I was having a heart attack other then my blood was pumping thru my heart like molasses. Looking back you think since I was under observation for 12 hours and having blood drawn every hour and tested that they would have tried a blood thinner first. I had and have a strong feeling my case was not handled in the most effective or professional way. You'd be amazed how different you are treated when you have insurance opposed to when you don't .

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Oh I don't remember my BP at the time. I remember when it happened my resting heart rate was around 130bpm while I was under observation for 12 hours then they decided to do a cardio cath after my bloodwork showed signs of a heart attack. No blockages no stints. I honestly feel had they researched more on what I was taking and the possible sides that the cardio cath could have been avoided seeing it ended up being not needed. I received some of my bloodwork info later. My LDL 49, HDL 25 , triglycerides 79. I was not told anything else about my bloodwork that lead them to believe I was having a heart attack other then my blood was pumping thru my heart like molasses. Looking back you think since I was under observation for 12 hours and having blood drawn every hour and tested that they would have tried a blood thinner first. I had and have a strong feeling my case was not handled in the most effective or professional way. You'd be amazed how different you are treated when you have insurance opposed to when you don't .
Well, 49 LDL is good; but HDL 25 is bad. I dont know about triglycerides. Why dont you have insurance?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Well, 49 LDL is good; but HDL 25 is bad. I dont know about triglycerides. Why dont you have insurance?
That's good or normal for tris but 25 HDL isn't to bad if LDL is 49 as I was told your HDL only has to be at least half of your LDL so if I had a say 120 LDL and a 25 HDL then that would be bad. I was surprised both was that low considering the amount of food I was pounding down. My diet was maybe too clean but I thought I was getting plenty of good fats from all the natty PB and avacados I was going thru

Don't have insurance because a few issues I don't care to discuss i.e. financial etc. I got screwed by the VA as well which sucks but hopefully it'll be straightened out sooner or later. Last letter I got from them was a letter telling me they're going to send me another letter. Wtf!?! Turns out my sep code and discharge and discharge reason are mid matched. I'm suppose to have a medical but some dumb fuk YN1 screwed my paperwork up.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
That's good or normal for tris but 25 HDL isn't to bad if LDL is 49 as I was told your HDL only has to be at least half of your LDL so if I had a say 120 LDL and a 25 HDL then that would be bad. I was surprised both was that low considering the amount of food I was pounding down. My diet was maybe too clean but I thought I was getting plenty of good fats from all the natty PB and avacados I was going thru

Don't have insurance because a few issues I don't care to discuss i.e. financial etc. I got screwed by the VA as well which sucks but hopefully it'll be straightened out sooner or later. Last letter I got from them was a letter telling me they're going to send me another letter. Wtf!?! Turns out my sep code and discharge and discharge reason are mid matched. I'm suppose to have a medical but some dumb fuk YN1 screwed my paperwork up.
Sorry to hear that. So I assume your job doesnt provide it or you're not working. Have you tried Medicaid?

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
How was that possible before getting into lifting I did coke and meth for half a year when I finished rehab and started lifting I was using a pre workout a moth or two later and I have normal BP and heart rate and my blood ain't thick like molasses ur case seems to be 1 in a 1000000

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
How was that possible before getting into lifting I did coke and meth for half a year when I finished rehab and started lifting I was using a pre workout a moth or two later and I have normal BP and heart rate and my blood ain't thick like molasses ur case seems to be 1 in a 1000000
You're either lucky or super human. Don't know what ya wanna hear on that. Do alil homework it does happen and too high rbc count does cause your blood to be thick. Hope your luck doesn't run out on ya before you stop abusing your body. Good luck

Borispili

Borispili

Banned
Awards
You're either lucky or super human. Don't know what ya wanna hear on that. Do alil homework it does happen and too high rbc count does cause your blood to be thick. Hope your luck doesn't run out on ya before you stop abusing your body. Good luck
did u feel anything specific that was different from normal before ur heart attack

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
did u feel anything specific that was different from normal before ur heart attack

Pain in the diaphragm area like cramped up to the point I couldn't stand straight. Didn't feel like heart at all. Thought maybe I strained myself the night before in the gym. Went home put a heating pad on my stomach and crashed out a couple hours. Woke up had diarrhea for two more hours and my breathing was short and heart rate felt high. Ended up going to the ER. Was hard to walk and breath chest felt tight but felt like lungs. I actually thought I had gotten walking pneumonia again. Symptoms felt pretty much the same. From the time I start having pain to the time they decided I was having a heart attack it was almost 24hrs later. When they said I was having a heart attack I was pretty high on dilauded and felt great. Thought I was getting discharged then the medical swat team comes in and transports me to another hospitals cardiac unit to have the cath done. It surprised the crap outa me. They called it a minor heart attack and said no blockages , no stints, no tissue damage. I wish I had more in depth diagnosis but my experience was odd looking back and I really feel it was handled wrong but not being In the medical field I couldn't say. I can attest to the unprofressional attitude the cardio had and that was backed by the nurses as they said he was an ass hole. I don't wanna scare folks , just be careful. Give blood it seems to keep rbc in check for long or heavy users.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Completely different substances and completely different effects on blood.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Pain in the diaphragm area like cramped up to the point I couldn't stand straight. Didn't feel like heart at all. Thought maybe I strained myself the night before in the gym. Went home put a heating pad on my stomach and crashed out a couple hours. Woke up had diarrhea for two more hours and my breathing was short and heart rate felt high. Ended up going to the ER. Was hard to walk and breath chest felt tight but felt like lungs. I actually thought I had gotten walking pneumonia again. Symptoms felt pretty much the same. From the time I start having pain to the time they decided I was having a heart attack it was almost 24hrs later. When they said I was having a heart attack I was pretty high on dilauded and felt great. Thought I was getting discharged then the medical swat team comes in and transports me to another hospitals cardiac unit to have the cath done. It surprised the crap outa me. They called it a minor heart attack and said no blockages , no stints, no tissue damage. I wish I had more in depth diagnosis but my experience was odd looking back and I really feel it was handled wrong but not being In the medical field I couldn't say. I can attest to the unprofressional attitude the cardio had and that was backed by the nurses as they said he was an ass hole. I don't wanna scare folks , just be careful. Give blood it seems to keep rbc in check for long or heavy users.
Well it's too late. I'm scared.