Is there any reason to NOT use an AI during cycle?

  1. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Is there any reason to NOT use an AI during cycle?


    Won't you get just as much muscle gains using test with an AI, as you would without?

    It's seems pointless to "smooth out", even when bulking and putting on weight.

    So again, does using an AI in any way hinder muscle gains?

    Is there any reason to consider NOT using it?

  2. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,275
    Rep Power
    438362
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    95.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187

    Is there any reason to consider NOT using it?
    Sure, if what you're looking for is a nice rack...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  3. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Sure, if what you're looking for is a nice rack...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Well, I've heard of people only using it at the onset of gyno symptoms, so I was wondering if there was any reason not to run it the entire duration of the cycle.
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    mich29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Rep Power
    107134
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    24.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    unless you are prone to gyno or trying to cut down water weight while on cycle there isn't really a need to run an ai during a whole cycle.some estrogen is needed in the body
  5. Senior Member
    OnionKnight's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,390
    Rep Power
    466001
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    depends on the cycle bud. people do run ai's with higher dosed test cycles. but with orals that dont aromatize, an ai would destroy your estro and set you up for rebound and limit potential
  6. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    27144
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Subbed to hear various thoughts.

    What AI does everyone like?
  7. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    I want to gain muscle, but my worst fear is losing definition and vasuclarity.

    I know I can always cut later, but still...
  8. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1157
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    I want to gain muscle, but my worst fear is losing definition and vasuclarity.

    I know I can always cut later, but still...
    test + AI = best of both worlds?

    an AI may slightly hinder gains but your still gonna make big gains overall
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  9. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    test + AI = best of both worlds?

    an AI may slightly hinder gains but your still gonna make big gains overall
    That's what I want to hear.
  10. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1157
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    That's what I want to hear.
    glad i could help. imo, it wouldnt be worth the risk to run test without an AI. its easier to prevent gyno than try to reverse it. you want to control estrogen, not crush it, as someone else mentioned above. im no expert though, this is just my broscience.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  11. Banned
    Dom Tavis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  120 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    47.59%

    OK I know I'm a girl and all but hear me out.
    My ex was big into juicing, so of course I heavily researched out of concern.
    Not using an AI is absolutely stupid for guys on cycle. Water retention does not mean gains. Instead of starting at the sign of sides, use it from day one. Bouncing estrogen levels in men is unhealthy and can take away from gains.
    Saying you don't need one is very naive.

    Now. Don't ask me **** about AI and women because I haven't the slightest clue!!!
  12. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1157
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tavis View Post
    OK I know I'm a girl and all but hear me out.
    My ex was big into juicing, so of course I heavily researched out of concern.
    Not using an AI is absolutely stupid for guys on cycle. Water retention does not mean gains. Instead of starting at the sign of sides, use it from day one. Bouncing estrogen levels in men is unhealthy and can take away from gains.
    Saying you don't need one is very naive.

    Now. Don't ask me **** about AI and women because I haven't the slightest clue!!!

    exactly, its easier to prevent estro related sides than attempt to reverse them once they show up.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  13. Banned
    AwhYeah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    depends on the cycle bud. people do run ai's with higher dosed test cycles. but with orals that dont aromatize, an ai would destroy your estro and set you up for rebound and limit potential
    Isn't a rebound only an issue with suicidal AIs? If you took it with a SERM and tapered the AI down, I don't see any issues
  14. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    if your not prone to estrogen and you are running a mild cycle you should be fine, estrogen adds gains through igf-1 production so it does more than just add water/fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tavis View Post
    OK I know I'm a girl and all but hear me out.
    My ex was big into juicing, so of course I heavily researched out of concern.
    Not using an AI is absolutely stupid for guys on cycle. Water retention does not mean gains. Instead of starting at the sign of sides, use it from day one. Bouncing estrogen levels in men is unhealthy and can take away from gains.
    Saying you don't need one is very naive.

    Now. Don't ask me **** about AI and women because I haven't the slightest clue!!!
  15. Senior Member
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1157
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    62.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AwhYeah View Post
    Isn't a rebound only an issue with suicidal AIs? If you took it with a SERM and tapered the AI down, I don't see any issues
    rebound is less of an issue with suicidal AIs as estrogen is slowly returned back to normal following cessation of the AI as opposed to a sudden (rebound) of estrogen following cessation of a non suicidal AI.
    VO2 Max = 58.75mL/kg/min
    ~If Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week~
    Learn Teach Lead
  16. Banned
    AwhYeah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by heebs10 View Post
    rebound is less of an issue with suicidal AIs as estrogen is slowly returned back to normal following cessation of the AI as opposed to a sudden (rebound) of estrogen following cessation of a non suicidal AI.
    So is my liquidex going to rebound?
  17. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,945
    Rep Power
    3078510
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    you wont gain as much using an ai as you would without one.

    estrogen is also a key hormone for building muscle.

    too little is just as bad as too much.
  18. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,945
    Rep Power
    3078510
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    rebound is most likely going to happen regardless of what ai you use.

    you block estrogen from forming.

    hpta senses an imbalance in the androgen to estrogen ratio

    an increase in aromatase will then follow.

    you dont get fully shut down on cycle, to there is always plenty of androgens available to aromatize.

    the more you block the sink, the great the overflow will be.

    you control estrogen on cycle with an ai, not try to remove it.
  19. Banned
    AwhYeah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

    How to do you know if you are controlling the estrogen or blocking it entirely? I know symptoms of high estrogen, but not normal-low.
  20. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    you wont gain as much using an ai as you would without one.

    estrogen is also a key hormone for building muscle.

    too little is just as bad as too much.
    This makes sense when you consider steroids like winstrol give strength gains with very little size gains.

    What's odd though is how superdrol has effects similar to winstrol (crushes estrogen), yet still gives considerable size gains.
  21. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    methylmasteron is out of this world man that **** is crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    This makes sense when you consider steroids like winstrol give strength gains with very little size gains.

    What's odd though is how superdrol has effects similar to winstrol (crushes estrogen), yet still gives considerable size gains.
  22. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,945
    Rep Power
    3078510
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    This makes sense when you consider steroids like winstrol give strength gains with very little size gains.

    What's odd though is how superdrol has effects similar to winstrol (crushes estrogen), yet still gives considerable size gains.
    superdrol is di methyl dht, but d/t the methylation, this changes the androgenic properties of the compound, which is lower than winstrol. winstrol acts completely different in the body than superdrol or dht.

    superdrol is a weak androgenic, non aromatizing compound, so having high levels of estrogen while using it are to be expected.

    agains, because of winstrols make up, and how it acts in the body, it has a completely different effect than superdrol.

    sd is is only dry in the sense that it does not aromatize.

    but neither does anadrol.
  23. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Does SD act as an AI when taken with compounds that aromatize?

    I always thought suppressed estrogen, or any dry compound for that matter.
  24. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,945
    Rep Power
    3078510
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    no it doesn't.

    it is a weak androgen when compared to others like dht.
  25. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I believe the only steroids that would act as a mild to moderate ai would be heavy androgenic componets, steroids like dht, or the active steroid in 5-alpha, masteron injectable has worked great to keep my nipples in check on a gram of test a week and no to very little ai(just a little formeron)
    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    Does SD act as an AI when taken with compounds that aromatize?

    I always thought suppressed estrogen, or any dry compound for that matter.
  26. Banned
    AwhYeah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    no it doesn't.

    it is a weak androgen when compared to others like dht.
    Why do you hate me bro? You always ignore my questions. Is this about that thread I made last month?

    I'M SORRY!
  27. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33433
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    5.16%

    Well this stuff is fascinating. I've only done a few designer cycles including SD. Planning to use test in about a month or so. I have never in my life gone on a "cut", have always had trouble gaining weight. 4000 calories/day is my maintenance at tiny 160lbs.

    Anyway, I hope my upcoming test cycle will finally net the gains I need to try a cut later on.

    I wonder what would happen if you ran injectable masteron and winstrol togther.

    Would that get you shredded as hell in the presence of a cutting diet? Like veins popping out?
  28. New Member
    wrathchild281's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    1997
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    55.28%

    I love it! Buts its sad to see the reality of how many aas users don't know about serms and AIs. The common aas users I know don't like to come off gear and its like no ****! U don't even know what a pct is..

    My question is I'm week one halo/sd for a recomp so only doing the sd at 10mg for 4-6 weeks. I'm wondering if I should use some aromisin I have at 6.75ed? I'm with this girl^ I'd rather prevent than have to combat.. For my case guys I'm looking to drop a couple bf% and maybe gain 7-8 lbs.
  29. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    ive done oral winny and im mast, **** was dry but i was cut the f up, this has to be done with perfect to nearly perfect diet btw
    Quote Originally Posted by R1187 View Post
    Well this stuff is fascinating. I've only done a few designer cycles including SD. Planning to use test in about a month or so. I have never in my life gone on a "cut", have always had trouble gaining weight. 4000 calories/day is my maintenance at tiny 160lbs.

    Anyway, I hope my upcoming test cycle will finally net the gains I need to try a cut later on.

    I wonder what would happen if you ran injectable masteron and winstrol togther.

    Would that get you shredded as hell in the presence of a cutting diet? Like veins popping out?
  30. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,945
    Rep Power
    3078510
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    24.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AwhYeah View Post
    How to do you know if you are controlling the estrogen or blocking it entirely? I know symptoms of high estrogen, but not normal-low.
    you dont, you have to learn to know your body, and find a good balance. example, for me, I know estro is too low because the first symtpom i get is sickness from a weekend immune system.

    Quote Originally Posted by AwhYeah View Post
    Why do you hate me bro? You always ignore my questions. Is this about that thread I made last month?

    I'M SORRY!
    huh? I dont get paid to be on here, dont take it personal if i dont answer your question.
  31. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,365
    Rep Power
    768552
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    41.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AwhYeah View Post
    How to do you know if you are controlling the estrogen or blocking it entirely? I know symptoms of high estrogen, but not normal-low.
    When my estro gets too low, my knees get dry right away. Even lower and my ankle joints hurt as well. It got so low one time, I was walking with a bad limp and had an X-ray on my ankle. I seriously thought it was broken.

    Not sure I know of the too high symptoms, but I do have two daughters...and a wife. So I'd say too high means b*tching, yelling, and crying. And no sex drive (actually I have experienced no sex drive when I went away for a few days without my AI)
  32. New Member
    DNAMP's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%

    Is the only question do we need an ai? It also concerns dosing it correctly. I've heard everything on ed e2d e3d I don't think people know how to stabilize their blood levels and this is the main problem.
  33. Senior Member
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,365
    Rep Power
    768552
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    41.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DNAMP View Post
    Is the only question do we need an ai? It also concerns dosing it correctly. I've heard everything on ed e2d e3d I don't think people know how to stabilize their blood levels and this is the main problem.
    As I myself don't fully know, I am finding data with trial and error. I inject on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I always take my exemestane the day of inj and sometimes take an erase pro about 2 days later if at all. But I do know my best lifts are the day after inj

    I guess it's all just 1 big science experiment, isn't it
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is there any reason not to war ankle braces all the time?
    By drvinnybombat in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 04:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
  4. Is there any point to this cycle?
    By jimmythelad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 05:31 PM
  5. is there any way to get rid of some estro ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in