noobie getting started - AnabolicMinds.com

noobie getting started

noobie getting started

My friend is highly reccomending this. I have gained about 35 pounds , of fat, over the last year and a half. And thats from being with the girlfriend and her getting jealous of me spending time in the gym. My current weight is about 205 and I'm 5'8". I was about 175-180 lbs at the beginning of 2003. With , and not to float my boat, a really ripped figure. I had a real nice six pack almost an 8 pack even. And just to give you an idea, I was benching with dumbells and my max was about 250lbs. 125 in each hand and it was for 3 sets at 6-8 reps. It felt great, but now I'm hating myself and want to jump right back into it but I have lost so much. When I'm training I consume about 400g of protein a day , take my vitamins, eat very very low fat. Basically chicken and tuna with veggies, its also pretty low carb. And I'm wondering if this would be a good idea at this time to start my cycle. I have been at the gym quite a bit lately getting back into it and pretty soon I'll be back into my routine once again. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

No, it would not be a good time to do a cycle.. get you diet and training dailed in then after a few months of this.. then do you a cycle IF everything is going welll..

You may need more guidance in the eating department.. Low-fat low-carb diets are not the greatest, you should be getting in good fats like flax and fish oils..

Wait a year of hard training and good eating, then think about it..
    •   

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    You may need more guidance in the eating department.. Low-fat low-carb diets are not the greatest, you should be getting in good fats like flax and fish oils..

Wait a year of hard training and good eating, then think about it..
    Myoplex deluxe .... is it a good protein? I have found good gains and overall weight management with it. It also has cla in it which I was told is good to have for the fat process. How about the fish oil supplement pills. are they worth it?

And thanks for the feedback about this you guys , it means a lot to get good advice from people who have been there and done that.
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jamalgq
    Myoplex deluxe .... is it a good protein? I have found good gains and overall weight management with it. It also has cla in it which I was told is good to have for the fat process. How about the fish oil supplement pills. are they worth it?

And thanks for the feedback about this you guys , it means a lot to get good advice from people who have been there and done that.
    overpriced and overrated. a simple whey protein will work, like optimum nutrition. try here, http://www.nutraplanet.com/index.php...53e381&cPath=4

top quality stuff.

yeah, omega-3 fish oil pills are good as well. definately worth it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    overpriced and overrated. a simple whey protein will work, like optimum nutrition. try here, http://www.nutraplanet.com/index.php...53e381&cPath=4

top quality stuff.

yeah, omega-3 fish oil pills are good as well. definately worth it.
    Thanks, I'm taking a look at it now!!
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

myoplex is more of a protein sludge... it always filled me up too much... a balanced weight gainer would do well... ever heard of muscle milk? its got balanced carbs and protein... 400g of protein is kinda overkill as well; especially with the lack of other nutrients in your body...
    myoplex is a good protein, its just too damn expensive... i'd try cytosports musclemilk if you're looking for something new... it tastes VERY good...
    optimum nutrion's weight gainer (mass gainer i think is what its called) also tastes pretty good and has a good bit more of carbs than protein... its like 50g protein and 180g carbs... perfect for me since my normal diet is about even with protein... it keeps me balanced as long as its not my ONLY food hehe

think hard on fish oils... they make you stink pretty bad.... flax oil isnt too bad; i personally prefer olive oil because i can mix it with my cereal and my weight gainer shakes and not taste it at all.... in fact it makes my shakes even easier to drink

Quote Originally Posted by Bean

think hard on fish oils... they make you stink pretty bad.... flax oil isnt too bad; i personally prefer olive oil because i can mix it with my cereal and my weight gainer shakes and not taste it at all.... in fact it makes my shakes even easier to drink
    Olive oil??? I thought that the fish oil had some kind.....??? Well now I dont know. What exactly is the purpose of having these oils for your workout and the diff between the fish oil and olive oil for your body??

Also if your trying to gain you cant completly foreget about your carb intake espically PW. For your other meals just make sure you keep your carbs complex. If you dont eat carbs it will make it taht much harder to grow.
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

EFAs are a big reason for the oils... i use em for the extra fat intake... fish oil has more of one of the omegas than olive oil does; but it makes you stink...
    flax oil is a good substitute in my opinion... it still doesnt taste all that great tho...
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Flax oil or "Udo's" oil work well. They provide "good" fats like omega 3's and 6's. They're good for energy and they also help to off set the bad fats.

Muscle memory will help your strength / size bounce back pretty quickly. I think you'll be suprised.
    As for losing the fat, that's just gonna take some dieting and cardio.
    Try Optimum Nutrition or Allthewhey.com. Good stuff and its cheap.

Happy lifting !

-2z-

And when they say flax oil they mean real flax oil, not barry bonds' flax oil.
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by coofoostu
    And when they say flax oil they mean real flax oil, not barry bonds' flax oil.
    That's correct. For some reason, Balco Labs' flax oil will supress natty test production.

ive never heard of anyone actually reporting that they smell bad from fish oil pills. Maybe you taste it all the time becuase you burp it back up. But are you claiming that fish oils actually made your body odor worse?
    I personally take borage oil and cod liver oil together, I have stomach problems, and only use the borage oil when my stomach is upset.

Similar Forum Threads

1. help a newbie get started
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 10:52 AM
  2. Best way to get started with homebrew chemistry?
    By The Doberman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
  4. Getting Started
    By Dino in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 10:28 PM
  5. Getting started?
    By USOC in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13