Strenght loss when comming off of Dbol during cycle??

hardlyworkin

Awards
I am running a 12 week cycle of:
Week 1-4 Dbol at 30mg/day
Week 1-12 Test E 500mg/week

Now I have been off of Dbol for almost 2 weeks now (almost through week 6 of the cycle) and I have noticed my strength going down and my muscle soreness increasing?? Is this normal....I am not losing any weight at all and dont look like I am getting smaller. I noticed a lack of energy in the gym too. I think the test dosage is not high enough or fake/underdosed?? Any suggestions?? This is my first cycle.
Thanks!!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
what's the brand of test ... a loss of strength isn't uncommon when ending dbol but you should be shedding a bit of water as well

the dose of test should be fine, unless it is indeed junk or severely underdosed

hardlyworkin

Awards
The brand is from an underground lab called Morning Star Labs. It just seems odd since everyone I talk to says at about week 6 when the test kicks in you really go up in strength and size

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
calories and diet?

Not uncommon at all, as glenihan said, to lose strength after dbol. Just make sure your diet is sound, Any major weight increase?

hardlyworkin

Awards
This is basically a slightly dirty bulk..... I eat 6 times a day...Calories are right around 3500-4000 a day. I was originally 195 when I started the cycle and I am right around 221lbs. I just dont see any results from the test e however, which has me concerned....

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
How many protein grams? Or better yet, what's your diet split look like...40/40/20? You may need to up your cals a bit, or tweak your diet a tad. Weight increase seems to be good though.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I had a friend run some of morning start labs test prop and test enan and he got really good gains from it, I think they are a reputable brand. Are you overtrained and how high is your voume/intensity? I actually started losing strength during my 1test cyp and 4ad cyp cycle, took a week off lifting completely and came back way stronger than I ever have been before that.

hardlyworkin

Awards
Grams of protein are around ~430. Dunno if I am overtrained or not.....I do a 5 day split hitting every bodypart once a week. I usually dont stay in the gym longer than 1 hour.

knox

Awards
  • Established
the lack of energy in the gym and loss of strength are good indications of overtrainning. i would suggest taking a break from lifting.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
whats your volume per day - how many sets per BP? any high stress lately?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
try taking a week off ... it tends to work wonders .. i try to take a week off every 6-8 weeks, if i go any longer my workout suffer, i stop gaining, and i'm usually fatigued all day long

besides, remember that you grow out of the gym, not in it :)

hardlyworkin

Awards
I think you may be right about the over training....I am gonna finish this week up and next week I am gonna cut my workout to 3 days for that week with reduced volume and see how I feel afterwards. Probably gonna try:

Monday: Chest/Tri's-- Inclined Barbell Bench 3 work sets 4-6reps / Skull Cruchers 3 work sets 4-6reps
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: Back/Bi's-- Lat Pulldowns 2 work sets 4-6reps and Hypers 2 work sets 4-6reps / Barbell Curls 3 work sets 4-6reps
Thursday: off
Friday: Shoulders/Legs-- Military Press 2 work sets 4-6 reps / Squats 3 sets 4-6 reps and 45 degree calf raises 3 sets 4-6 reps.

That is about half the volume/excerses I do now.

bobthebuilder

Awards
Who says he has to be overtrained to not be getting results from 500mg/week of test. For some people, test just isn't the huge mass builder as it is for others. I'm one of them, i've grown much off less than a gram a week of test e. Some people just don't respond very well to test, and he might be one of them.

bobthebuilder

Awards
if he's gained 26lbs in about 6 weeks on his routine while on this cycle, i highly doubt that's he overtrained. If he truly gained that much, then he must have been doing something right.

hardlyworkin

Awards
Well I have gained 26lbs....not all muscle of course but I still fit in my 34in pants however the thighs have gotten a bit tighter from all the squats. :thumbsup: I am gonna reduce volume next week and see how I feel...also gonna bump carbs up a bit to see if it helps with energy. After this cycle Ill do the normal PCT and then stay off for 2months after PCT. I am then gonna try this next:

week 1-12 Test E 600mg/week
week 1-12 EQ 600mg/week
week 1-4 Dbol 55mg/day
week 5-14 HCG 500IU/week
week 14-17 Nolva 60mg/40mg/20mg/20mg
I am gonna try to cut some bf with this one and posibly gain some lbm. Any suggestions on dosage, cycle length. etc considering the results/problems from this cycle? Would it be better to substitue oral winny in the cycle for dbol? This will be my second cycle.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
extend the test one week so they test and EQ clear at the same time.
test E 1-13
eq 1-12
start pct 2 weeks after the last test injection. if it is going to be a cutter - can the dbol and go for the winny at the end.

knox

Awards
  • Established
i agree w/ goldylight, but maybe keep the dbol for the beginning and end it w/ some test prop. for the last 2 weeks.

hardlyworkin

Awards
So I am looking for something more along these lines then:

week 1-13 Test E 600mg/week
week 1-12 EQ 600mg/week
week 10-13 Winny 55mg/day oral
week 5-14 HCG 500IU/week
week 15-18 Nolva 60mg/40mg/20mg/20mg

How are the dosages on the test, eq, winny...too high/low for second cycle??
Thanks!!

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
continue the winny for the 2 weeks btw the time you stop injects and start pct. you could drop the EQ to 400 if you like.

hardlyworkin

Awards
week 1-12 EQ 400mg/week
week 10-15 Winny 55mg/day oral
week 5-14 HCG 500IU/week

6 weeks of Winny at 55mg..is that safe? What is the typical dosage for oral Winny?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
So you've gained 26lbs and the test is not working? LOL These two AAS have been working together to put the weight on. It wasn't just Dbol. :thumbsup:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
So you've gained 26lbs and the test is not working? LOL These two AAS have been working together to put the weight on. It wasn't just Dbol. :thumbsup:
My thoughts exactly. 26lbs is definitely nothing to scoff at!!! That cycle has been working damn fine IMO if you've gained like that and still fit into the 34" pants.

hardlyworkin

Awards
oh yea..I knew something was working.....hehehe..I was just getting concerned that I have been feeling sore and have had little energy in the gym. What do you guys think of the next cycle run???

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ouch 6 weeks of winny ... my joints would literally be squeaking from how dry they'd be

hardlyworkin

Awards
What would you recomend..I have never ran winny before:

week 1-12 EQ 400mg/week
week 12-15 Winny 55mg/day oral ?????
week 5-14 HCG 500IU/week

Would 4 weeks ran at that time be better?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
That looks pretty good. Have you ever ran HCG before? I ran it for the first time in my last cycle and will never do another cycle without it, sure is nice not having your boys dissappear.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
26lbs could totally be from the DBOL. Easily. People vastly underestimate how much you can eat and gain with this steroid...

As for strength loss, it's pretty directly correlated with weight loss man. At least it was for me.

Oh, is the test from morningstar as well as the dbol? I am thinking of sending a buddy that way for his first cycle, I want to make sure he's going to be totally happy.

hardlyworkin

Awards
yea both are from morning star.... I am running HCG with the cycle I am on now. Running it at 500IU per week from week 5-13 then starting Nolva at 40/30/20/20mg.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Hrm. You used other forms of test before? I wasn't super happy with the Golden Triangle I used, a buddy used both it and then had a bunch of ICNs that he had, and he started getting lethargic and getting other test sides like 3 weeks after switching over to ICNs entirely.

I hate the fact that I hear so many mixed reports about MSL, but it seems like most people give the dude thumbs up, so we'll see how my bro reacts... The gear is cheap as hell anyhow.