Normal Gain?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

Normal Gain?

Hey everyone,

Currently into my 5th week of Test e, things are going good... Im definatley noticed a HUGE increase in size and my strenth (especially strength this week)

Anyway I weighed myself this morning... (Every thursday) and ive put on a total of 20lb...

Now a lot of that is water I know, and to be fair the first week I put on 8lb (again water)

Im using 2x squirts of formeron every day to keep water levels low and prevent bloating.

But just wondered if everything sounds okay to you guys?

And the last 2weeks have been 2lb a week gain (this seems more normal)

Current 'Bulk' Routine:

* 2x 250mg test e (every 3 days)
    * Formeron every day (2x squirts)
    * 200cal surplus on rest days
    * 300-400 surplus training days

Rest day cals: 2,700
    Train day cals: 2,800-2900

Thanks for any advice

EDIT: weights before/current

Before- 174
    Current- 194

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

3000 cal. dont seem like a bulk to me but....

also you dont want to crush all the estrogen in your body. you need estrogen to grow, kill it and muscle gains will stop. so your doin ok so far. dont worry about it. as long as your gaininng things are good.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Seems normal to me. Just remember to increase your cals as your weight increases so as not to stall your gains.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Are you expecting bigger gains? I think your doing it right keeping cals relatively low compared to most people's bulk cals. This will make your gains lean. However since your ON, you could increase the calories and see if it improves your gains, just watch the mirror and waist to be sure your not adding unwanted fat.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

a bulk to me is a "bulk" gainning as much mass as possable. i like peopl eto lean bulk better but this guy wants a bulk.
  6. Registered User

I wish 2900 calories could cut it for me to gain 20lbs. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I guess your metabolism is considerably lower than mine. Plus I perform HIT and cardio fairly consistently. To put your calories into perspective, I weigh 158lbs, (Currently just started another bulk) about 10% BF and to gain a measily 1-2lbs per week I have to shuck down 3200+calories per day.

You can eat alot more calories without getting fat. It ALL depends on how well your body handles its insulin as well as how LOW you keep your saturated fat intake, as well as your overall fat intake. Combining large amounts of protein and fiber at every meal with your carbs reduces the likelihood of getting fat. If I were 194lbs..I'd have to be eating roughly 5000 kcals for maintenance..give or take a few.

Eventually, 3000 calories won't be enough to grow and pack on water and mass as you have been doing over the past several weeks. You'll have to jump on creatine (if not already) and start upping your protein and carbs, but I advise against upping fats. I usually stick to around 10-15% of kcals in fats, focusing only on eating unsaturated fats mainly from fish. GLA's might also be benefitial to take as a supplement.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

3000 cal. dont seem like a bulk to me but....
    I was trying to do a lean bulk so i dont have quite as much to cut after the cycle.

Are you expecting bigger gains? I think your doing it right keeping cals relatively low compared to most people's bulk cals. This will make your gains lean. However since your ON, you could increase the calories and see if it improves your gains, just watch the mirror and waist to be sure your not adding unwanted fat.
    Possibly, im actually really happy with my progress so far, and relatively lean gain I guess... This stuff is amazing... I think im addicted though lol.

I wish 2900 calories could cut it for me to gain 20lbs. Unfortunately, it doesn't. I guess your metabolism is considerably lower than mine. Plus I perform HIT and cardio fairly consistently. To put your calories into perspective, I weigh 158lbs, (Currently just started another bulk) about 10% BF and to gain a measily 1-2lbs per week I have to shuck down 3200+calories per day.

You can eat alot more calories without getting fat. It ALL depends on how well your body handles its insulin as well as how LOW you keep your saturated fat intake, as well as your overall fat intake. Combining large amounts of protein and fiber at every meal with your carbs reduces the likelihood of getting fat. If I were 194lbs..I'd have to be eating roughly 5000 kcals for maintenance..give or take a few.

Eventually, 3000 calories won't be enough to grow and pack on water and mass as you have been doing over the past several weeks. You'll have to jump on creatine (if not already) and start upping your protein and carbs, but I advise against upping fats. I usually stick to around 10-15% of kcals in fats, focusing only on eating unsaturated fats mainly from fish. GLA's might also be benefitial to take as a supplement.
    * I gain weight soooooo easily, im sure ive always had a slow metabolism.
    * Yeah my maintence does sound very low but no idea why?

This post was really helpful, thanks buddy.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

20lbs in 5 weeks, eating less than 3k calories a day and you want to know if the gains are good? That is a crazy amount of weight gain given what information you have posted.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by grinnell27 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Currently into my 5th week of Test e, things are going good... Im definatley noticed a HUGE increase in size and my strenth (especially strength this week)
    How big is this strength gain?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

If your strength gain has shot up them more gains are comin....

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.

20lbs in 5 weeks, eating less than 3k calories a day and you want to know if the gains are good? That is a crazy amount of weight gain given what information you have posted.
    Thanks bud, phew im glad its all good

How big is this strength gain?
    * 30lb increase in Flat & 20lb on Incline Bench
    * 40lb increase in rackpulls & deadlift
    * 20lb in Military Press

They are the biggest noticeable gains for me so far.

If your strength gain has shot up them more gains are comin....
    Awesome! so glad to hear this... Im never going back to normal. AAS are my friends and i think im addicted.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

^^^^ wow.... To the last line of your pose. Just be safe with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Easy Mass Gain Shake
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 05:06 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:58 PM
  3. Want To Bulk Up/Gain Weight?
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 45