Accutane Dose?

  1. Registered User
    spirall08's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    4882

    Accutane Dose?


    Wasn't sure where to post this. Figured you guys would know more about this than the Supp section.

    Still have severe acne from my last Test Cycle. Tried Panthothenic Acid to no avail.

    What's considered a 'safe' dosage to avoid sides?

    Was reading around 20mg/day. My accutane pills are in 40mg caps.

    Should I dose at EOD? Anyone have bad experiences with sides?

  2. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    Shouldn't a doc have this answer ?
  3. Registered User
    san731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    194

    don't attempt to self medicate acne. just go to a dermo. accutane is a powerful retinoid and besides that, there's more things you'll need if it's really "severe".

    tanning and 10% benzoyl peroxide (clearasil) is as far as I'd recommend you doing on your own.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    Quote Originally Posted by san731
    don't attempt to self medicate acne. just go to a dermo. accutane is a powerful retinoid and besides that, there's more things you'll need if it's really "severe".

    tanning and 10% benzoyl peroxide (clearasil) is as far as I'd recommend you doing on your own.


    Agreed. You need bloods done every month with that stuff. Go see a dermatologist.
  5. Registered User
    spirall08's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    4882

    Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Agreed. You need bloods done every month with that stuff. Go see a dermatologist.
    I actually did get this through my Derm. Blood work and everything.

    She prescribed 40 but personally I am concerned abt the sides. Everytime I bring it up to her, she kind of dismisses me like Im over reacting. She is young and fairly new to be honest.

    Was trying to get some feedback from people who've taken it.
  6. Banned
    Husker89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    0

    you come to a board of random people to ask a dermatology question when a dermatologist already answered your question lol? 40 in on the average to lower side you will be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by spirall08 View Post
    I actually did get this through my Derm. Blood work and everything.

    She prescribed 40 but personally I am concerned abt the sides. Everytime I bring it up to her, she kind of dismisses me like Im over reacting. She is young and fairly new to be honest.

    Was trying to get some feedback from people who've taken it.
  7. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    A lot of the "sides" have to do with women taking it. There are far more side effects of accutane for women then men. Women were taking it while pregnant and had horrific birth defects. To be politically correct they included these sides for both sexes. If you're concerned go see a different doc. It's that east.
  8. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    Easy*.
  9. Registered User
    GHopkins's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    64

    There is another alternative if you are interested. Accutane is a synthetic active retinol that can be prescribed. It has some sides and some issues. A side effect free substance would be Fermented cod liver oil. It has natural retinol which is active and bioavailable form of Vitamin A. No side effects and no down sides. You also get the right amount of Vitamin D and DHA/EPA.
    Don't go with a processed cod liver oil. They may taste better but, a lot of the benefits are processed out.
    Doctors can not recommend this since it is a food and not a prescription.
    Not as cheap as a prescription, but are you worth it?
    You will have a lot to Google about for information.
  10. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    Quote Originally Posted by GHopkins
    There is another alternative if you are interested. Accutane is a synthetic active retinol that can be prescribed. It has some sides and some issues. A side effect free substance would be Fermented cod liver oil. It has natural retinol which is active and bioavailable form of Vitamin A. No side effects and no down sides. You also get the right amount of Vitamin D and DHA/EPA.
    Don't go with a processed cod liver oil. They may taste better but, a lot of the benefits are processed out.
    Doctors can not recommend this since it is a food and not a prescription.
    Not as cheap as a prescription, but are you worth it?
    You will have a lot to Google about for information.

    I just ordered this from green pastures. I will see go it goes I heard it tastes horrible
  11. Registered User
    GHopkins's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    64

    Green Pastures is my only source. The taste is harsh at first but you get used to it. The Oslo Orange is the best as a taste masker. One tip that most people will not know. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR! This will separate the other oils that are there to mask the taste. A cool dark place in a cabinet is fine.
    You are going to like the effect. I have been using this for over a year.

    Good Luck
  12. Registered User
    hardwork25's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Rep Power
    333414

    Quote Originally Posted by GHopkins
    Green Pastures is my only source. The taste is harsh at first but you get used to it. The Oslo Orange is the best as a taste masker. One tip that most people will not know. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR! This will separate the other oils that are there to mask the taste. A cool dark place in a cabinet is fine.
    You are going to like the effect. I have been using this for over a year.

    Good Luck
    Cool I should get it in a day or two ill let you know how it goes.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Accutane
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 09:30 AM
  2. more on dosing - minimums or ratios?
    By MrTrap in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:52 PM
  3. SU Dosing?
    By dodgeee-O in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2002, 09:39 PM
  4. Going with the extreme dose
    By Aneas in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 09:17 PM
  5. Split Dosing
    By BrKonman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2002, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in