bloodwork/lab tests

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Exclamation bloodwork/lab tests

Anyone have sources/services for blood tests or threads in which the topic is discussed? I searched, but didn't find much in the way of actual services. Also, I heard once that if you go through a healthcare provider for this, and they find out you have any elevated levels due to AAS/PS/PH use, you may lose your coverage!! Anyone with pertinent info appreciated!

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.4%

Read my article. Click the link. $22 for draw + GGT. That is the starting point.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.34%

Millwood,

I sell laboratoy equipment( chemistry analyzers and immunassay analyzers etc) to physicians who have their own inhouse lab. Any doctor with a good lab can do the basics and anyone with a more extensive set up can do testosterone etc. I would suggest you do the following:

1- Go to COLA.org and click on free resources on the left hand side of the home page.
    2- go to lab search and put in your zip code and surrounding zip codes
    3- Call up every drs office listed and tell them you are looking to see a dr with his own lab to have blood work done and take it from there.

A doctor with his own lab is way more reasonable than going to a private reference lab who will rip you off. This way you do not have to go through insurance if that worries you. Just to give you an idea, The cost to a DR to run a testosterone test is about 5-7 dollars. A reference lab like Quest or Lab Corp will charge you 250.

When you find the DR who has a lab, contact me with the tests you want performed and I can look up the MEDICARE reimbursement( what the doctor gets if they do the test on a medicare patient). You will then have a FAIR starting point for negotiation.

If you live in New York(5 boroughs or Long Island) I can help you find a DR.

Good Luck
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

thanks Strateg0s. Would you suggest other tests as well, other than GGT (if the concern is strictly liver values), or does that cover it? Also, should I wait 2 weeks after cycle end to find out the values? Thanks.
  5. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.24%

Cardiovascular test includes: HDL/LDL levels
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.4%

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    thanks Strateg0s. Would you suggest other tests as well, other than GGT (if the concern is strictly liver values), or does that cover it? Also, should I wait 2 weeks after cycle end to find out the values? Thanks.
    CMP (comprehensive metabolic profile) covers a lot of things, for ~$20 more. I forget if that includes lipids. If you have a history of heart troubles in your family, this would be rather prudent to add - if only once before and after a cycle. The main point is that you want to make sure 1) that you don't have a pre-existing liver condition or lipid profile which would make the use of oral steroids downright dangerous, and 2) that at the end of your cycle you can see how well your system tolerates these drugs. The information you get from those tests will help you make intelligent decisions about subsequent use.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.34%

A cmp does not include lipids. When doing a lipid panel(HDL, Cholesterol and Triglycerides), you must ask your doctor to specifically request a Directly measured LDL CPT 83721, or you will get a calculated LDL with the lipid panel that is not accurate and when your body chemistry is being put in a compromised state you need a direct measurement because high cholesterols will overestimate ldl in the calculation and high trigs will underestimate.
  8. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.21%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stratvox
    Millwood,

I sell laboratoy equipment( chemistry analyzers and immunassay analyzers etc) to physicians who have their own inhouse lab. Any doctor with a good lab can do the basics and anyone with a more extensive set up can do testosterone etc. I would suggest you do the following:

1- Go to COLA.org and click on free resources on the left hand side of the home page.
    2- go to lab search and put in your zip code and surrounding zip codes
    3- Call up every drs office listed and tell them you are looking to see a dr with his own lab to have blood work done and take it from there.

A doctor with his own lab is way more reasonable than going to a private reference lab who will rip you off. This way you do not have to go through insurance if that worries you. Just to give you an idea, The cost to a DR to run a testosterone test is about 5-7 dollars. A reference lab like Quest or Lab Corp will charge you 250.

When you find the DR who has a lab, contact me with the tests you want performed and I can look up the MEDICARE reimbursement( what the doctor gets if they do the test on a medicare patient). You will then have a FAIR starting point for negotiation.

If you live in New York(5 boroughs or Long Island) I can help you find a DR.

Good Luck
    Awesome info ! !
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.4%

Here's another question. I heard that nolva is actually another compound that is tough on the liver. Is this true? Someone mentioned somewhere that it is even harsher than some PH/PS's. If that is the case, and if it is used for PCT, then liver values would still probably be extraordinarily high 2 weeks post cycle due to the nolva, and you would not have an accurate read on how the PH/PS affected the liver. Anybody know about this?
  10. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.42%

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    Here's another question. I heard that nolva is actually another compound that is tough on the liver. Is this true? Someone mentioned somewhere that it is even harsher than some PH/PS's. If that is the case, and if it is used for PCT, then liver values would still probably be extraordinarily high 2 weeks post cycle due to the nolva, and you would not have an accurate read on how the PH/PS affected the liver. Anybody know about this?
    On SS's PCT thread, his AST and ALT skyrocketed the first week of Nolva use. Then it started to come down.
  11. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.68%

Quote Originally Posted by dg806
    On SS's PCT thread, his AST and ALT skyrocketed the first week of Nolva use. Then it started to come down.
    my ALT was elevated (slightly) after 2 weeks on nolva (w/ clomid). AST was in the upper range of the accepted values. previous cycle was not methylated, but previous ones have been.

nolva is liver toxic to an extent. read up on it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. USP Labs Test Powder (minor) Bloodwork results
    By adawg1980 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 03:48 PM
  2. lab testing to assure quality?
    By DrDunc33 in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 11:24 PM
  3. Anavar Lab Testing / Quality
    By user7051112 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:43 PM
  4. ? Lab Tests: Estrogen, Testosterone, etc.
    By shootmeagain in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 12:07 AM
  5. Lab Tests
    By Sandman187 in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 08:42 PM