Congenital Heart problems and cycling.

Toocoole

Awards
I've done a few oral cycles and 1 injectable cycle so far (which turned out fine even though there were a few rough patches). Recently i had a bout of pneumonia so i went to the hospital, this lead to a series of tests where eventually the doctors found out i have an enlarged left ventricle wall. It's a little thicker than normal (1.5cm, i believe the normal is around 1.1) and they believe it is congenital (They didnt find any other reason for me to have it besides that) However, the doctors don't know that i've done some cycles of steroids. So my question is this, 1. Do you think my cycles could've contributed to this? and 2. If i stick to testosterone only cycles (with dosages ranging from 300mg e10d to 600mg/week while cycling) for a while at least, will my heart get worse or should i be fine?

My BP is fine, lipids seem to be fine (they did blood tests and didnt find anything strange enough to alert me) so i honestly don't think there's anything wrong with my heart besides it being a little thick. The doctor mentioned that I shouldn't play sports at high levels of intensity anymore or do any intense exercise sessions, but that weight lifting is fine. He also mentioned that my heart doesn't appear to be affected in terms of pumping blood or efficiency, its just thicker than usual.

Just want some opinions on this, please no trolls. And truthfully if you all believe that i should just not cycle regardless (even though i think a low dose of test should be fine) then i will stop cycling. I'd just like some opinions from others who know a little more about steroids.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't cycle.

Congenital or now, you already have LVH (Left Ventricular Hypertrophy). In rat models this is a side of steroids (No human studies due to being unethical... though there is anecdotal evidence from young athletes having heart related deaths and showing enlarged hearts with present anabolics).

Regardless... with LVH already present, don't test fate, not even with low doses of Test.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with DAdams that you shouldn't play Russian Roulette. If you still have the desire, I'd see a TRT doctor, one that actually has experience with testosterone, and be honest with him. I do not believe in anecdotal evidence that links any death to steroids. It's how Biden got steroids classified as a class six drug. But find a doctor that willwork with you and if you do it,do it under his supervision if possible.

Don't cycle.

Congenital or now, you already have LVH (Left Ventricular Hypertrophy). In rat models this is a side of steroids (No human studies due to being unethical... though there is anecdotal evidence from young athletes having heart related deaths and showing enlarged hearts with present anabolics).

Regardless... with LVH already present, don't test fate, not even with low doses of Test.

Toocoole

Awards
Well then ill just finish up my pct (which i'm in now) and train naturally until i can talk to a doctor. I'm supposed to be getting yearly check ups now, so ill wait and see if by stopping steroid use if my LVH can decrease a little. Anyone heard of the products Bridge or Unleashed? Was reading about them while surfing around looking for alternatives and apparently they work well, opinions?

also to add. I have adult ADHD and i am prescribed medication, without it i honestly don't see how i could do my work properly. However my doctor seems to think my medication is fine while having this. So...in your opinion, wouldn't straight stimulants (amphetamines) be just as bad as low doses of testosterone? (300mg e10d = about 225 a week or so i believe)

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I have read several places that LVH is common in weight lifters, power athletes and endurance athletes. I would investigate some of that before freaking out too much. Also investigate things like hypertension too.

j05441

Awards
I have read several places that LVH is common in weight lifters, power athletes and endurance athletes. I would investigate some of that before freaking out too much. Also investigate things like hypertension too.
Yes. When you workout your heart gets stronger and more efficient. Its a muscle too. Without using.

Not saying thats the case here